last minute cruise

pegdave

So I still haven't booked our cruise. Probably going to on the 12th of Oct. Have to decide between the Jewel of if NYC for 7 days only going to Florida sand Bahamas and the Pearl out ifiam going to Jamaica and grand Cayman...6 days. Its our first cruise. I am nervous over the NYC one..more days at sea. The Pearl seems like the nicer cruise. But agsin I haven't bookedit yet. I dud post before with questions about Carnival and taking a4dsy cruise. So with your help I have decided the 4 day isn't a good first time cruise and the NCL may be the better one. But am Si waiting to long to decide? I hear you can get good upgrades sometimes waiting thus long...true or am I pushing it? HELP

[quote name='pegdave']So I still haven't booked our cruise. Probably going to on the 12th of Oct. Have to decide between the Jewel of if NYC for 7 days only going to Florida sand Bahamas and the Pearl out ifiam going to Jamaica and grand Cayman...6 days. Its our first cruise. I am nervous over the NYC one..more days at sea. The Pearl seems like the nicer cruise. But agsin I haven't bookedit yet. I dud post before with questions about Carnival and taking a4dsy cruise. So with your help I have decided the 4 day isn't a good first time cruise and the NCL may be the better one. But am Si waiting to long to decide? I hear you can get good upgrades sometimes waiting thus long...true or am I pushing it? HELP
.[/quote][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]It just depends. Watch to see how the cruise is selling.
You can often pick up some terrific deals by waiting until the last minute when they practically give away the remaining cabins.

But other times when are only a few available cabins left, the prices go up.[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3] [FONT=Tahoma]

Still other times, the cruise may sell out completely.

If you are talking about the 12th of October, 2012, it is already pretty much last minute right now.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma]

For us, it depends on how much we want a particular cruise.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma]
If it is a cruse with a unique itinerary that we really, really want, we book early.

If there are lots of ships doing similar itineraries, such as Caribbean cruises at off-peak times, we are willing to wait. We have picked up some great deals on last-minute closeouts that way. [/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma]

Often a category that was sold out previously will open up for booking again at the last minute as people either cancel or upgrade.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma]
Sometimes a travel agent who has been holding a block of cabins will release them back into inventory.

Also, it can make a big difference how flexible you are willing to be about cabin choice. If traveling with someone with disabilities who needs an accessible cabin, it is best to book early. [/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma]

The same if you are traveling with someone who is very picky about accommodations, like a grouchy uncle who must have a penthouse suite and will never let you hear the end of it if you wait and there is no longer one available. [/FONT][/SIZE]:eek:[SIZE=3] [FONT=Tahoma]

[/FONT][/SIZE]

The we are looking for cruising is Oct 21st not the 12th. It is our first so we are picky on the cabin choice and no groucy or special needs.
So what site is best for watching how they are selling? Is there a place I see how many cabins are left without going through the whole process of picking up? thank you all so much

Archived