Best promenade cabin/s on Liberty of the Seas??

Just curious. I've did a little searching here and apparently 8th deck is preferred. Currently only the 6th and 7th decks are available for the cruise I'm looking at. Read something about blocked views of the promenade? Any particular cabins to avoid on decks 6-7? Any input greatly appreciated.

Much prefer balconies but thought we might give a promenade cabin one chance. :)

Thanks much!

Just curious. I've did a little searching here and apparently 8th deck is preferred. Currently only the 6th and 7th decks are available for the cruise I'm looking at. Read something about blocked views of the promenade? Any particular cabins to avoid on decks 6-7? Any input greatly appreciated.

Much prefer balconies but thought we might give a promenade cabin one chance. :)

Thanks much!

I know that 6305 has a blocked view due to the Ben & Jerry's cow outside the window. However, they compensate for the blocked view by providing some perks, like free ice cream coupons, and possible Concierge Lounge access, but I'm not sure about the CL.

We've stayed on both 6 and 7, and didn't have any problems. On 6 - as long as you stay away from being over or directly across from the 'pub' or the champagne bar you should be fine. :) The other area to avoid is forward adjacent to the blank areas on the deck plan - near 6563 and 6263 (on 6/7/8) - as this is where the crew elevators and access points are. These cabins are a bit smaller than a standard inside cabin. There are other threads about Promenade cabins related to keeping curtains closed when changing...etc.

We were on the Freedom and tried Promenade cabins...we were on the 8th floor on the forward end...very quiet since these portion of cabins are near the end, away from the bars. The cabins were nice, but they are pretty small, just to warn you. There is a small couch and the window seat, but we really never used either, except to put things like bags on. If you have the beds together, you have hardly any room to walk around it to get to the bathroom and closet. They were better than a regular inside cabin but think might miss your balcony!!

We have one on deck 6 for our upcoming liberty cruise, is the noise really that bad? Where on deck 6 should we avoid? We won't be in our room much anyway during the day/evening so I didn't think it would be a big deal but should we switch to a higher deck?

We have one on deck 6 for our upcoming liberty cruise, is the noise really that bad? Where on deck 6 should we avoid? We won't be in our room much anyway during the day/evening so I didn't think it would be a big deal but should we switch to a higher deck?

CamaCama didn't get a reply so I thought I'd bump this up as I'm curious too. Thanks much everyone! :)

I've too been wondering this (for FOS) as we had room 7261 booked, but changed it to 6279 when we saw it became available. I've been trying to figure out which store/bar we on top of because when I called to change the room, the RCI rep said 6279 is over Sorentos, but looking at the deck plans, it looks to me that it is over Vintages?? I found one thread stating it was over Vintages and great room, but I'm one those that likes multiple confirmations. I guess either way it is a better room as it is more towards the center, but I don't want to get too excited and then be disappointed.

I tried the link that was posted in the reply above this, but it didn't work on my computer. Anyway, hope we get some more insight!

We did 6305 (the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet") on Freedom, even with the cows there the view is fine. The daily free ice cream and Concierge Lounge access was awesome!

I heard about the free ice cream, but to gain free access to CL?! I'd definitely book for that. Is this something new and you have to ask for it?

hope the link works - its for deck 7 - play around with the link and it will bring up deck 6

http://barcelonacruises.net/deckplan.aspx?DeckId=580

Thanks for the link! I had that one once upon a time! lol Glad to have it bookmarked again.

I got our cabin changed to 8595 but now I'm not sure if that's the best choice! Is it too high? lol Would 7561 be better? (that's what I gave up after coming from 6583). I know it's not THAT big of a deal on a short cruise but I'd like to be in a decent spot nonetheless. I know I'll miss the balcony so I want to give the Promenade a fair chance. )

Surely we have some people with experience and/or opinions on this right!?

Any other opinions greatly appreciated. There are a few others curious as well it seems!

I heard about the free ice cream, but to gain free access to CL?! I'd definitely book for that. Is this something new and you have to ask for it?

CL access for the Ben & Lerry sweet is not new, however I believe one or two people have reported here that they did not get the CL access. I don't know the reason, maybe one of the 3 ships with this stateroom has a different policy.

CL access for the Ben & Lerry sweet is not new, however I believe one or two people have reported here that they did not get the CL access. I don't know the reason, maybe one of the 3 ships with this stateroom has a different policy.

Hi! To be clear, which cabin/s (numbers) are the Ben and Jerry's?

Any other input on the rest of the thread welcome too btw! :)

Thanks for the link! I had that one once upon a time! lol Glad to have it bookmarked again.

I got our cabin changed to 8595 but now I'm not sure if that's the best choice! Is it too high? lol Would 7561 be better? (that's what I gave up after coming from 6583). I know it's not THAT big of a deal on a short cruise but I'd like to be in a decent spot nonetheless. I know I'll miss the balcony so I want to give the Promenade a fair chance. )

Surely we have some people with experience and/or opinions on this right!?

Any other opinions greatly appreciated. There are a few others curious as well it seems!

IMHO, Deck 7 is the optimum height for Promenade cabins; not too high, not too low. We are on 7513/7515 near the back end of the Promenade, so as not to be above any of the bars/nightclubs

Archived