Ecstasy is too small a word for this cruise. Our picture review 9/20-24, 2012

jamona2311

Excited to read the review.. we are going on March 2nd to celebrate my oldest son graduating from college and my middle son graduating from high school!! I am beyond excited!! This will be my 4th cruise but I still get just as excited as I did for my first!!!

I will be getting off the Ecstasy the day you are getting on :)

Can't wait to see your review! We go on her in almost a month and are SOOOO excited! I'm excited to see what you did in Nassau, and how Half Moon Cay looks!

Shawn

We did the booze cruise n snorkel. It was amazing and sooo much fun,

Half Moon Cay is beyond beautiful. I never wanted to get out of the water. We also rented a caban and I did the horse back riding but.......more on that later :D

Man, I am dying here - 2 days to go and I hopefully will be sitting on the pool deck drinking a Fun Ship Special!!;);)

Why is this the longest week in the history of mankind ?? :eek:

LOL thats the same thing I put on my face book the last week! It was agonizing:eek:;)

checking things out for the next cruise already. Jan 2014 for DDs highschool and college grad party. They thought a cruise would be more fun than a party. I agree:D:D

Almost done with work. should be back to the review after I get dinner made, round 8 ish??

Where are your priorities?

Seriously, so glad you loved your cruise, and I look forward to your review.

Kathy

Hha I know right. should have just taken another vacation so I can do this review! Whew its kicking my butt. They werent kidding when they said a review is time consuming. Thats ok its still fun!:D

From Atlanta we flew into Orlando and got in about 10:45pm. We got our luggage and Travelynx was aready there waiting for us. He was very informative and his love of cruising was contagious.

We checked into our hotel, The Marriott Courtyard, Cocoa Beach. Since we were soooo late ( now about midnight) I didn’t get the ocean view room I had originally requested. The room was great tho! 7th floor and plenty of room and a balcony. And in the morning we could see the river and if we looked around to our right there was actually a bit of the ocean we could see. :D

We hadnt had time for dinner so we ordered a pizza for delivery. I wanted to take a walk around the grounds so I headed out for a while. I easily found the path to the beach but looking at that long dark path and thinking “hmmm its 1:30 in the morning and Im all alone….” I decided against it. Im a brave, do it yourself kinda girl but Im not stupid, Hha. I went back to the room and we called it a night.

September, 19

Do I wanna get up at 6:30 after going to sleep at 2??? Yup I got up. The shuttle endeavor was hitching a ride to California and figured it was a once in a life time chance to witness. Terry was ready to go. This was just up his alley! He got us coffees ( the hotel serves Starbucks!! Yay!!!) I finally got the chance to walk to the beach. The sun coming up was beautiful and the water was soooo warm. Now you have to understand, were from Wisconsin and lake Michigan will numb your behind from cold after just a few minutes, so this water was amazing to me.

The endeavor was supposed to leave a few days before but bad weather prevented that from happening so we were able to see it this day. It was amazing and it flies right down the space coast showing off in all its glory. Too cool!!

DSCN1634.JPG

Cocoa beach waiting for the endevor

DSCN1642.JPG

Here they come!!!

DSCN1645.JPG

And there they go!!

DSCN1644.JPG

DSCN1649.JPG

This is the path from the hotel (right behind the building on the right) to the beach.....

DSCN1651.JPG

And this is the other side of that shot

We then went to the Waffle house for breakfast before returning to our room to shower and get ready for our trip to Kennedy space center. We took a taxi that was $80 round trip. Our driver was again very informative. Terry loved the room with the Apollo 5 spanning the entire length. We also got to witness a simulated take off from the original room they used for the first trip to the moon. Complete with windows that were lit up to light up as they did that day. We also got to try out a rocket take off simulator. You get strapped in and it shakes your cheeks off!

After lunch I went looking for a place to smoke. Well KSC sends you way over to the side of the building to what seems like banishment lol I know, and I don’t mind. Yes I smoke but I hate it in my face too. Im happy to say we didn’t see any love bugs, but when I was out there I keep getting bit by little black bugs…Noseeums. Little monsters!!!

We then went to the Waffle house for breakfast before returning to our room to shower and get ready for our trip to Kennedy space center. We took a taxi that was $80 round trip. Our driver was again very informative. Terry loved the room with the Apollo 5 spanning the entire length. We also got to witness a simulated take off from the original room they used for the first trip to the moon. Complete with windows that were lit up to light up as they did that day. We also got to try out a rocket take off simulator. You get strapped in and it shakes your cheeks off!

After lunch I went looking for a place to smoke. Well KSC sends you way over to the side of the building to what seems like banishment lol I know, and I don’t mind. Yes I smoke but I hate it in my face too. Im happy to say we didn’t see any love bugs, but when I was out there I keep getting bit by little black bugs…Noseeums. Little monsters!!!

DSCN1657.JPG

DSCN1672.JPG

DSCN1691.JPG

DSCN1684.JPG

DSCN1713.JPG

Smokers purgatory at KCS. See even this can be beautiful in Florida

DSCN1701.JPG

As we were finishing up our day as KSC the sky opened up and it started to POUR. Couldn’t have been better timing! We caught our cab and instead of heading back to our hotel we had him take us to Fishlips for dinner so we could watch the Carnival Pride leave.

Fishlips was great! The food, the drinks ,the view, the guy playing live and singing all songs I like. I was moving in my seat and singing along the entire time. I went out to smoke and low and behold was another martini and my husband with a big smile on his face. Hes such a trouble maker ( that made 3 martinis) Ah were on vacation!

DSCN1720.JPG

MMMMMM chicken nachos at Fishlips

Here comes the Pride

DSCN1721.JPG

After dinner we called a cab and went to Ron Jons. Terry was looking for some new sandals. That place is HUGE!!! And open 24 hours. I found some souvenirs for our DDs and we walked back to the hotel following the beach. It was sooo quiet. I think we only saw one other couple the 6 block walk. Too me it was romantic, to Terry it was a short cut. ;)

DSCN1733.JPG

Ron Jons

DSCN1732.JPG

Thursday September 20,

OMG!!!!!!!!!! The Ecstasy is in port!!! I can see it from my hotel balcony!!!! Oh yeah the Disney Dream and the Sensation were there too… hehe

I was soooo excited! Can you tell by all my exclamation points????

We had breakfast at the hotel this morning. Kinda expensive but good and of course some Starbucks. We then took a cab to Publix and got some wine, water and Redbull. Terry likes soda so he opted to get the Bottomless Bubbles once on the ship.

Soooo, I ordered my Rum Runners online and everything and at the last second I chickened out. I figured maybe next time on a longer cruise (with the DDs) but this was OUR big trip and we were just gonna go with the flow and buy a drink if we wanted one. No worries

We get back to the hotel, repack everything and Im thinking lets go down stairs and wait for the shuttle, I cant take it any longer. We only had an hour to wait…..No, Terry decides hes gonna run to Ron Jons and get a hat that he saw but passed up on the night before! EEEKK. Now maybe in a normal persons world he had plenty of time. Not my world, I was panicking. What if he was late? What if Ron Jons was crazy busy blah blah. Yeah, he was fine and back in no time. Silly Gena. Ugh I need a vacation!

DSCN1736.JPG

Ok so i thought this was the Ecstasy cuz I heard it wouldnt be at the new terminal to we returned, whoops

DSCN1737.JPG

See theres the Ocean from my room ;)

DSCN1739.JPG

DSCN1742.JPG

I know its soooo messy but hey we were busy getting ready. Surprised I eeked in some room pics at all!

DSCN1751.JPG

Mineral pool at the hotel. Me??? Ill take the beach any day.

I am loving your review! We leave in a week from today....actually we will be sail now. Hope you get it done by then, lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

hi there! I remember you droped by the roll call in the beginning. Congrats on your baby! So cute. Hope you enjoy your trip. Wish I was going again. This being back in the real world business stinks Hha:D

Smokers purgatory at KCS. See even this can be beautiful in Florida

DSCN1701.JPG

As we were finishing up our day as KSC the sky opened up and it started to POUR. Couldn’t have been better timing! We caught our cab and instead of heading back to our hotel we had him take us to Fishlips for dinner so we could watch the Carnival Pride leave.

Fishlips was great! The food, the drinks ,the view, the guy playing live and singing all songs I like. I was moving in my seat and singing along the entire time. I went out to smoke and low and behold was another martini and my husband with a big smile on his face. Hes such a trouble maker ( that made 3 martinis) Ah were on vacation!

DSCN1720.JPG

MMMMMM chicken nachos at Fishlips

Here comes the Pride

DSCN1721.JPG

After dinner we called a cab and went to Ron Jons. Terry was looking for some new sandals. That place is HUGE!!! And open 24 hours. I found some souvenirs for our DDs and we walked back to the hotel following the beach. It was sooo quiet. I think we only saw one other couple the 6 block walk. Too me it was romantic, to Terry it was a short cut. ;)

Ron Jons

While I was pregnant, we'd go to Fishlips to eat, DH would drink and we'd watch the cruise ships leave. It was torture being "on the other side" watching them leave and waving, but we knew soon enough we'd be ON THE SHIP waving next time. Fishlips food is great, location and entertainment is excellent as well. Being a FL native you'd think we knew that place was there but we never did until the last few cruises when we'd see people out there waving goodbye. So we made a point to look it up when we got home to go. Glad we did, this restaurant has some good food!! Sorry to 'jack the thread!!

Archived