Ecstasy is too small a word for this cruise. Our picture review 9/20-24, 2012

jamona2311

yay...I am all caught up now and ready for whatever you have for us tomorrow. Your review is one of the best that I have read in quite some time. Maybe its because I am paying extra attention since I will be on the Ecstasy in 2 months.

After seeing your pics of Half Moon Cay, I can't wait to be there at the beach

I so am enjoying your review. My DH and I are going on our first cruise in November from Galveston. At 53 (DH is 48) years old and have waited all my life for this...even though I didn't realize that until 3 months ago. The more I read, the more I just know we will love it. I can cross this off my bucket list! We'll be on the Triumph out of Galveston but your review has me excited none the less.

Thank you! I look forward to the rest. :)

please come back with a great review:)

I will definitely be back with a great review. I can't promise much for Nassau as I don't think we'll be getting off the ship but will bring the fun regardless. :D

Really great review. So the ? is, are you

going to wait another 10 years for your

next cruise??

Nope, never waiting that long. It may be another 10years before Terry and I get to go but Im planning one right now as a HS/college graduation for DDs Jan 2014 on the Liberty. :D:D

you are too dang cute!

did you feel that cabana 9 was far enough down from all the crowds?!?

Yes it was. Especially when I walked down and saw how busy the first part of the beach was. :eek:

The bathroom was right behind us, convienent and not a lot of foot traffic. It was a quick walk to lunch.

We did have some ppl want to use the float mats but we put them out of view and then it wasnt a problem. Id love to share but we felt kinda responsible for what happened to them, ya know??

I will definitely be back with a great review. I can't promise much for Nassau as I don't think we'll be getting off the ship but will bring the fun regardless. :D

Jobell we sailed with you and your hubby on the Dream in 2010, you guys were so much fun!

You are going to LOVE HMC.....our FAVORITE port of all time so far. In fact we are visiting again next May on Ecstasy in E240 that's how I got to this review.

Have a FABULOUS cruise.......I also follow your blog, I love your writing.

Susan

When we got dropped off at the village the driver was nice enuf to tell me hed give me a ride back to my cabana. Good I only had a couple of precious hours left there.

Terry was in the water when I got back!! What?? Yes he was grumpy and hot and trying to get cool. The sun had moved enuf that it was mostly sunny in the cabana now. We did enjoy the mats for a while together but I much prefer just floating around on my own. Terry caught some shade on a hammock next to the cabana. Again it was back and forth and all too soon it was time to pack up and go. Last tender was at 4 but there were still a couple of ppl around and I had heard about the terrible lines waiting to catch the tender so we waited till 4 and walked back and got right on a tender. Easy peasy!

120.JPG

123.JPG

A new way to take a walk down the beach. Love it!

131.JPG

A different horse for this part of the ride

132.JPG

Going in the water. Yeah, no chance of picture taking soon after this shot. LOL

135.JPG

That was some crazy kinda fun. Look at those horses up to their necks. At least you dont need a helmet if you fall off! hha

137.JPG

Theres my sassy Palamino that lost her rider from the second group

Yay!!! I cant wait to read your review too!!

:D I can't wait to sail! lol.

Hopefully they'll have some good selections available once we get on the ship. :eek:

Jobell we sailed with you and your hubby on the Dream in 2010, you guys were so much fun!

You are going to LOVE HMC.....our FAVORITE port of all time so far. In fact we are visiting again next May on Ecstasy in E240 that's how I got to this review.

Have a FABULOUS cruise.......I also follow your blog, I love your writing.

Susan

Hi Susan!!!! The Dream was an amazing cruise and I still think about it as if it was yesterday. :D

We cannot wait for HMC. Ever since I first read about it I've been wanting to go. lol.

If I remember correctly you are on the Dream this coming weekend. I hope you have an awesome time. :D Awww...thank you...the blog has been quiet since we haven't really gone anywhere but I'll bring it back to life next week. ;)

142.JPG

First attempt at cruise toes

143.JPG

Ok this is my vote for my cruise toes. hehe

DSCN1902.JPG

Happy beach girl

DSCN1933.JPG

I put Terrys had on my Monkey head and set him in the window. Terry came out of the bathroom and it scared the $#!+ out of him. Muahahaha He thought someone was looking in our window! Bahahaha

Well thats it. Thought I would sneak in a couple of posts before work. Be back tonight.:D

DSCN1933.JPG

I put Terrys had on my Monkey head and set him in the window. Terry came out of the bathroom and it scared the $#!+ out of him. Muahahaha He thought someone was looking in our window! Bahahaha

Well thats it. Thought I would sneak in a couple of posts before work. Be back tonight.:D

That.Is.Awesome!!!! It would have scared the beejeebus out of me too but then again my own shadow scares me sometimes. ;)

Our trip began on Tuesday September 18. Terry(DH) had morning milking and chores but was home in plenty of time for us to leave our home in SW Wisconsin for the hour drive to Madison Regional Airport. It was a beautiful day and that really seemed to be the theme for weather the whole trip. Of course that’s not what I had been seeing when looking at the 10 day on line! But thank God that was wrong!

Awe, SW WI. My husband is from Lancaster:)

I guarentee it will be a lot easier to get the hubby

to go on another cruise, now that he has had a taste!!

Wonderful review, glad you figured out how to

post your pictures, they are awesome..

Nope, never waiting that long. It may be another 10years before Terry and I get to go but Im planning one right now as a HS/college graduation for DDs Jan 2014 on the Liberty. :D:D

Friday September 21 NASSAU

We set our alarm on Terrys phone for 8am so we would have some time in Nassaue before our excursion at 1. We wakes me up “ Gena, wake up! Its 9! My alarm went off at 8 and I fell back asleep!” Im looking at him like “HUH???” I look around the room tired and groggy and say “ check behind the curtain” Sure enuf it was still dark outside. In fact, it was only 4 in the morning. I went back to sleep. His cell phone was not able to keep the right time at sea, so that is something to keep an eye out for. Mine was fine.

Around 8 my hot water came. For tea? Nope. I packed the Starbucks to go, lil creamer cups and sweet n low and make my own coffee. I wasn’t taking any chances on weak coffee. I only really need one cup a day, but it has to be a good one. We then went up to the buffet for breakfast and brought it back down to our room to eat it….on the balcony.

In Nassau, the water was beautiful in port. Sensation, Dentiny, and Disney Dream were along for the fun. People in beautiful costumes greeted us as we got off the ship, pictures were taken and we headed down the dock. We had a Booze Cruise n Snorkel planned but lad a little time to spare so we wanted to head over to Senor Frogs and just see what is about for ourselves. Well, just after stepping out of the port shops, of course, there were a lot of people everywhere trying to offer you beads, rides, tours, hair braiding etc. A polite “no thanks” was all we needed to keep walking… WHAT??? Wait! Hair braiding??? Ok, since I was a little girl and saw Bo Derrick in 10 ( just a preview…jeeze I was just a kid! LOL ) running with those braids and those beads swishing around, I wanted that!! I swore if I ever made it to the Islands, I was gonna get that done. Unfortunately, I don’t quite have enuf hair for that right now, but I did get what they call a Headband done. They should really open this balcony up as a wrap!! Wouldnt that be nice??

DSCN1789.JPG

DSCN1787.JPG

This is the port water!!! Still so blue....

043.JPG

Ooooh that hurts but then it kinda feels good too....wierd

045.JPG

Senor Frogs but Im thinkin most of you know this...

046.JPG

where did your get your sundress? wow your review is brillant our first cruise was on the sensation we still talkabout it after being on many more , we live in england but enjoy the company of americans that we sail your side all the time many thanks for letting us enjoy your review and all the pictures we feel like we are there

icon12.gif

At dinner tonight we decided to try sitting with a group. Well our” group” was a lovely lady from New York and her elderly mother originally from China. They were both really sweet and we enjoyed talking to them. Im thinking her mother had once been involved with farming cause they had lots of questions for Terry. He enjoyed the attention too.

We finally caught the waiters dancing and our waitress caught me!! EEEK I had to go up and dance with them. It was soooo fun. Im more of the wall flower type. Love to watch all the fun going on but rarely participate. I guess in a lot of ways that was changing on this trip, huh?

For dinner tonight we started with Navy bean soup and Fried shrimp for him. Spring rolls and chilled mango soup for me. Terry went with the Jerked pork loin and not finding too much that really spoke to me I decided on the Vegetarian Indian Dish on the Everyday menu. Not sure what most of it was but it was gooooood and spicy, but I like that! Desert was Tiramisu for him and WCMC for me. Terry also convinced me that we needed to try the Sugar free coconut cake. Where am I gonna put it??? I already didn’t eat all of the yummy Indian food cuz its soo much and very rich after a while….Let me tell you it was like eating air but air that tastes good! So light. Ya know how they say “ theres always room for jello”??? Well, jellos got nothing on this cake!! Mmmm Still only a few bites for me was enuf.

Oh I almost forgot, I finally got to try the Miami Vice. Yes! It is as good as they all say. Easily could have been my favorite drink on the ship! Best ever drink for me???? Its similar….Cheeseburger In Paradise Drink at the restaurant of the same name. If you’ve heard of this restaurant, and like cruising or beaches, GO!!! We went for the first time when they opened in Madison a few years ago and you just feel like youre on vacation. Oh and the food is good too!! Nom nom.

DSCN1909.JPG

Blurry me dancing with the waiters. We also had a window seat tonight

DSCN1821.JPG

Haha I just love their vaccums. always made me giggle:p

DSCN1912.JPG

The 3 amigos

DSCN1917.JPG

Most of my pics of the Lido party didnt turn out. This ones ok

DSCN1918.JPG

Nice shot of the whale tail from our perch above the Lido party

After some balcony time ( no not that kind of balcony time! Tsk tsk it was only the one time to say we did…) and meeting a new and different puppy, we were again off to find some fun. Another Miami Vice and we hit the Game of Love in the Blue Sapphire lounge.

LOL What a funny show! Man these people just do it to themselves and we get the hilarious benefits of it all. Again, cruise director Brent is Mr Instigator making all his comments and weird noises. One couple when asked where they met ( Newlyweds) said completely different answers! Same guy and they ask about a the “wifes ugly what???” he says GRANDMA!!! And they are cruising with her parents!!!!!!! OMG so funny for us but man I hope there is a reason for some of this poor guys answers or there will be no balcony time for him!! LOL

The couple that had been married the longest when asked about the most unusual place they’ve “done it” had Brent it stitches, shaking his head and mumbling something about best answer ever. What was it??? The husband had said “the ear” Ok now if Im catching this right, you really had to have seen the cowboy comedians show to appreciate this answer. Obviously Brent had not so he was a giggling but very confused mess.

After that we headed over to the Lido Deck party and I enjoyed a bit of the Mexican buffet at 11. Funny this was really the only time we really snacked out side of regular meal times. We didn’t really over indulge on food. I don’t think we ever really thought about it, we were just busy having fun or relaxing.

Anyway back to the balcony and really got to see an awesome lightening show. We also did the bungie cord to hold the door open thing tonight. I was really nice sleeping and waking once in a while to hear that wake.

Archived