Ecstasy is too small a word for this cruise. Our picture review 9/20-24, 2012

jamona2311

Absolutely loved your review!!! And the exclamation marks!!!

We were on the Ecstacy's inaugural cruise out of Miami in 1991 and loved it. She still looks great!!! I still love that class of ships.

Your hair looked adorable and your excitement came through with each post. It definitely sounds as if you are now hopelessly addicted. Have a wonderful time on your next cruise and be sure to write a review!!!

Absolutely loved your review!!! And the exclamation marks!!!

We were on the Ecstacy's inaugural cruise out of Miami in 1991 and loved it. She still looks great!!! I still love that class of ships.

Your hair looked adorable and your excitement came through with each post. It definitely sounds as if you are now hopelessly addicted. Have a wonderful time on your next cruise and be sure to write a review!!!

Hha thank you so much. I had so much fun cruising n writing the review I just had to book a couple more:rolleyes ;)

My mom is even talking about a Greece /Italy cruise tour in a couple of years n she hasn't even been on her first cruise yet! I guess my excitement was contagious with her. Hehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful review of your first cruise! There is nothing like that first cruise and the excitement came through in all of your entries. I hope you are able to take many more in the future. If you do, please post reviews here. I will be more than happy to read them!

Excellent job! :)

We leave for our cruise on the Ecstasy in 3 days. I remember reading your review way back when and thinking that our trip was so far off yet but it is finally here

I remember!!! Have fun! Enjoy those nachos at fishlips ;):p

Now I'm the one who's waiting.....81 days 19hours.....

Thanks for sharing this wonderful review of your first cruise! There is nothing like that first cruise and the excitement came through in all of your entries. I hope you are able to take many more in the future. If you do, please post reviews here. I will be more than happy to read them!

Excellent job! :)

Weeelllll....I booked elation in February cuz I had so much fun writing the review I couldn't wait to do another! :D;):rolleyes:

Really enjoying your review, one of the best I've read. Your attitude is contagious! You'll always remember your first cruise, sorta like your first...well you know ;)

BTW, we lived in Reedsburg, WI for a few years and learned to appreciate the incredible amount of hard work and dedication that it takes to be a dairy farmer.

Looking forward to the rest of your review :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I would love to know what room number you had did you mention it?

We had E240. It was an aft balcony all the way to the side. Loved it. Hoping I will enjoy the mini 1A on the Elation and that I didnt get too spoiled by that aft balcony on the Ecstasy! Hha:eek::p:D

We had E240. It was an aft balcony all the way to the side. Loved it. Hoping I will enjoy the mini 1A on the Elation and that I didnt get too spoiled by that aft balcony on the Ecstasy! Hha:eek::p:D

I found your room in your review thanks I'm booking that room hope you and hubby left some magic on the balcony so my hubby and I can have some

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful review! My wife and I are celebrating out 20th wedding anniversary in April and we are going to be on the Ecstasy in the exact same room actually on May 30th to celebrate (with the same itinerary). We are both really excited and your review was just what I was hoping to see -- thanks so much for sharing it.

• 5 months later...
Monday September 24 …..time to go……

We woke up early to the feel of the ship moving differently and I knew we had to be in Port Canaveral. We went out side and sure enuf. Its very pretty in the dark and we pulled up to the new terminal once again. Watched as they were tying the ship up to the dock. It was funny cuz the guys on land were arguing with the guys on the ship. I also noticed that they cuz trucks to pull the ropes to where they want them. I guess they probably are kinda heavy and wet. I started getting ready and Terry caught all the trucks and forklifts converge on the docked ship. The chaos has begun!

I wanted breakfast in the dining room today. I love Eggs Benedict and thank you for the suggestion to have my Hollandaise on the side! I saw it the other was and it looked very dry. ICK. I also had Cappuccino and melon. No bananas on the last day LOL. Hadnt I read about that somewhere??? Terry had an omelet, pancakes, sausage, and a Danish.

Time to go I guess, so we went back to the room to grab our bags and go. Ben let us see a regular balcony room. Not too bad. Maybe I can eek out enuf money for this on the DDs graduation cruise….hehe. We left some stuff for Ben. Not that we actually got it for him but hoped he could enjoy it. Well $, that we know he would like, a bottle of wine, some cokes from the cabana and a Cuban. Oh and another note of thanks of course.

The line to disembark was long but it went fast and soon enuf we hear that infamous “BONG” for the last time. We made it down to the baggage and ours was waiting right there all by its lonesome. I think they had been on zone 20 by the time we got off. Not that we were late it just goes that fast.

Customs was a breeze even with our IDs and such ( no passports remember??) We found our shuttle and were off to the air port.

265.JPG

266.JPG

270.JPG

275.JPG

Bucket on the butt??? I dont really think I wanna know why! LOL:p:eek:

I really thank you for posting this review Gena, I really enjoyed it. You are a wonderful person. I really love how you treated Ben. It is so beautiful and encouraging to see that in this cold world still there are people like you and your husband. May God bless you abundantly. I will be going on the Ecstasy in 24 days and I taking my mom that she is 83, second cruise for her, I took her in another one years ago, and she looooved it! Also I am taking my sister and her little boy. Thank you for post the pictures of the cabin. It gave me an idea of where we'll stay. And I tell you had a grand finale with "The bucket in the butt" pic. It was hilarious, I started laughing like crazy . I'll tell you this site is much better than facebook!

I really thank you for posting this review Gena, I really enjoyed it. You are a wonderful person. I really love how you treated Ben. It is so beautiful and encouraging to see that in this cold world still there are people like you and your husband. May God bless you abundantly. I will be going on the Ecstasy in 24 days and I taking my mom that she is 83, second cruise for her, I took her in another one years ago, and she looooved it! Also I am taking my sister and her little boy. Thank you for post the pictures of the cabin. It gave me an idea of where we'll stay. And I tell you had a grand finale with "The bucket in the butt" pic. It was hilarious, I started laughing like crazy . I'll tell you this site is much better than facebook!

Thank you so much for your very kind words. Im glad our review is still being enjoyed.

Ben was amazing so how can I not return kindness! :) On the flip side if someone is rude, watch out!! hha.

I hope you and your family enjoy your cruise...oh what am I saying??? I know you will. :D

I'm so glad your review was bumped up! I'm planning on Ecstasy in October for my DDs 18th birthday (mostly out of guilt because my upcoming Breeze cruise is adult only!) I was very concerned because of the age of the ship but not any more! Seems she has a pretty good following too! Anyway, thank you for your review! I really enjoyed it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived