Ecstasy is too small a word for this cruise. Our picture review 9/20-24, 2012

jamona2311

Thanks for a fun review! DD and I just booked the Ecstasy for her 21st birthday and we are so excited!!

I'd love to see the Fun Times if you get a chance to scan them in![/quotel

I will try to get those done in the next few days:)

jamona - Firstly, thank you so much for the detailed review! I truly enjoyed each posting and your comments. I am cruising on Esctasy in November as part of a back-to-back (Ecstasy then Sensation).

As a 'foodie' I am now rethinking my activities and perhaps will book the Chef's Table. Seems like you really enjoyed that event. Did they only have Champagne or were there wines with the meal (I assume there were waiters to order from, but what was included in the price of the event)?

Also - coincidentally you had Cabana #9, I had that one last year for my HMC day and loved it...

jamona - Firstly, thank you so much for the detailed review! I truly enjoyed each posting and your comments. I am cruising on Esctasy in November as part of a back-to-back (Ecstasy then Sensation).

As a 'foodie' I am now rethinking my activities and perhaps will book the Chef's Table. Seems like you really enjoyed that event. Did they only have Champagne or were there wines with the meal (I assume there were waiters to order from, but what was included in the price of the event)?

Also - coincidentally you had Cabana #9, I had that one last year for my HMC day and loved it...

Thanks for reading. Im glad you liked it. Im kinda sad its done with now:rolleyes:

There was champage on the tour part and that was also where we got out starters. Kind of an on the go thing.

At dinner there were 3 glasses at my setting, one was water the other white wine and the third red. At the beginning of the sit down they asked what we'd like. I said yes to all. Most did. After that they just toped off as we went along. No ordering needed.

I hope you do this. It really was amazing and very special! Theres really no way you can not enjoy it. :D:D

Special coins minted just for the ship.

Ive heard every ship has them for good luck when they are built. I know there have been other Ecstasy review where ppl have found them but I couldnt. Poo

They are supposed to be blessing coins for safe passage.. I found the Splendor coin last week...( it is mounted opposite the waterslide entrance ) and am now obsessed LOL

Love your review !!!

They are supposed to be blessing coins for safe passage.. I found the Splendor coin last week...( it is mounted opposite the waterslide entrance ) and am now obsessed LOL

Love your review !!!

Thank you.

I hope some one will speak up and let me know. I cant stand it that I didnt find them. grrrr:rolleyes::D

Thank you.

I hope some one will speak up and let me know. I cant stand it that I didnt find them. grrrr:rolleyes::D

Here is a very old thread.. apparently the ecstasy coin is at the base of the mast... by the mini golf..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1274625

Hey it gives you a reason to sail her again !!!

I love your review ...but I would like more info on the cabanas at HMC...I know you can book on line, but didn't know you can choose one before getting on the ship...can you please explain that a little more...I would sooooo appreciate what you have to do to pick one ahead of boarding....thanks:)

I love your review ...but I would like more info on the cabanas at HMC...I know you can book on line, but didn't know you can choose one before getting on the ship...can you please explain that a little more...I would sooooo appreciate what you have to do to pick one ahead of boarding....thanks:)

Last time I booked one it as assigned to you once you were on the ship and underway... Dunno if that has changed...

Last time I booked one it as assigned to you once you were on the ship and underway... Dunno if that has changed...

That's what I thought...but in Jamona's review....on boarding the ship she mentions that she already had cabana #9 confirmed by emailing ahead of time...didn't know you could do that....she also mentions she learned of that by reading it on CC...just wondering:rolleyes:

That's what I thought...but in Jamona's review....on boarding the ship she mentions that she already had cabana #9 confirmed by emailing ahead of time...didn't know you could do that....she also mentions she learned of that by reading it on CC...just wondering:rolleyes:

Wow - I was not aware of that... good to know. All 6 cabanas I have had have been randomly assigned...

there was a short span of time over the summer that they allowed you to send a an email and reserve your cabana after you have purchased it however they quickly got overwhelmed with request for certain ones and they stopped taking early reservations for certain cabanas you now have to go to the desk when you board the ship and ask for the one you want

there was a short span of time over the summer that they allowed you to send a an email and reserve your cabana after you have purchased it however they quickly got overwhelmed with request for certain ones and they stopped taking early reservations for certain cabanas you now have to go to the desk when you board the ship and ask for the one you want

Wow ...thought that was too good to be true...thanks for the info:mad:

Wow ...thought that was too good to be true...thanks for the info:mad:

I did mention in my review that they had stopped that soon after. I wish that they hadnt. It was nice knowing that was done. At least they kept good on the ones they did accept. Sorry....

Here is a very old thread.. apparently the ecstasy coin is at the base of the mast... by the mini golf..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1274625

Hey it gives you a reason to sail her again !!!

Awww dang it. Thanks tho for letting me know. Maybe I got a glimps of it in one of my pics. Ill have to go back and look!!:eek:

Can anyone tell me what kind of doors are on the Ecstasy??? Are they metal or something else??? A member of roll call is wanting to know so that they can plan on how to decorate their door

I had to tape up my Badger magnets to the out side of the door but inside my clip magnets worked. Go figure:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, was the Hasbro family game show thing on the Ecstasy when you were there? On John heald's blog, he mentioned that it was on the ship. But I thought it was only on the newer ships. My kids are dying to know...

Thanks!

Shawn

Archived