Ecstasy is too small a word for this cruise. Our picture review 9/20-24, 2012

jamona2311

When I got back Ben was outside of our room and he was scolding me ( not really) that I hadn’t gone to dinner. Oh I had!!! I told him about the chefs table and he was confused. But then I told him that Terry hadn’t gone with me. Ahhhh that was it. Apparently he had a hard time getting in to turn down our room. Seems like he was up to something tho…..Hmmmm whats going on with him…..

I walk in my room and theres a bunch of towel animals all sitting on our bed!! Im laughing and almost crying and I try to find Ben. That ninja has disappeared again! One of his co workers is gonna call him back for me. Terry comes back and starts laughing at our new family. Ben arrives and hes obviously pleased that I am so excited about what he took the time out to do for me. He makes a few more and telling me about being on the ship and how tonight no one rests because tomorrow is change over day. So busy but taking a few minutes to spend with us and also agreed to a picture. I give him a big hug and say “good bye”.

Terry and I finish up with our bags and set them out. We have a 1:40 flight but looks like we’ll be fine with our zone number 9.

Time to enjoy our balcony one last time. I was too full to do anything else but savor our last evening. Terry finishes his pizza and 2nd Pastrami/ Corned beef sandwich of the day and works on one of those Cubans.

The moon on the water is beautiful. I tried to take pictures but Im not good at much on my cameras and the photos dont do it justice. I guess Ill just have to remember that one on my own. I don’t think any of my trip will fade from my memory any time soon. Guess Ill go to bed.

DSCN1932.JPG

Terry caught this pic of two transatlantic cargo ships

DSCN1942.JPG

Our big towel baby family!

256.jpg

Ben and I.

DSCN1942.JPG

Our big towel baby family!

I gotta say that I must be tired and my mind must be deep in the gutter.

Gad Ben was able to create all of these for you :) you were on level E, right? Hopefully I will have him as my steward in E116 :)

Monday September 24 …..time to go……

We woke up early to the feel of the ship moving differently and I knew we had to be in Port Canaveral. We went out side and sure enuf. Its very pretty in the dark and we pulled up to the new terminal once again. Watched as they were tying the ship up to the dock. It was funny cuz the guys on land were arguing with the guys on the ship. I also noticed that they cuz trucks to pull the ropes to where they want them. I guess they probably are kinda heavy and wet. I started getting ready and Terry caught all the trucks and forklifts converge on the docked ship. The chaos has begun!

I wanted breakfast in the dining room today. I love Eggs Benedict and thank you for the suggestion to have my Hollandaise on the side! I saw it the other was and it looked very dry. ICK. I also had Cappuccino and melon. No bananas on the last day LOL. Hadnt I read about that somewhere??? Terry had an omelet, pancakes, sausage, and a Danish.

Time to go I guess, so we went back to the room to grab our bags and go. Ben let us see a regular balcony room. Not too bad. Maybe I can eek out enuf money for this on the DDs graduation cruise….hehe. We left some stuff for Ben. Not that we actually got it for him but hoped he could enjoy it. Well $, that we know he would like, a bottle of wine, some cokes from the cabana and a Cuban. Oh and another note of thanks of course.

The line to disembark was long but it went fast and soon enuf we hear that infamous “BONG” for the last time. We made it down to the baggage and ours was waiting right there all by its lonesome. I think they had been on zone 20 by the time we got off. Not that we were late it just goes that fast.

Customs was a breeze even with our IDs and such ( no passports remember??) We found our shuttle and were off to the air port.

265.JPG

266.JPG

270.JPG

275.JPG

Bucket on the butt??? I dont really think I wanna know why! LOL:p:eek:

We got to Orlando air port with plenty of time to spare. I made a trip to the Harry Potter store!!! Hello!! DD (18) and I love HP and it was torture not to be able to go to the Wizzarding World of HP at Universal the day we went to KSC. Everything in me wanted to run in that direction, .but Terry had been awesome about this vacation and I couldn’t do that to him when I knew how much he wanted to see KSC. I squirmed a bit but I was a good girl. Well, he musta thought I was a good sport cuz he got me Astronaut Hello Kitty!!! I love her. Im a big collector of Hello Kitty stuff. Do I like her more than HP??? You bet! She my favorite since the 70s when there were those cute little pencils and smelly erasers. Thanks Terr Bear!

Hedwig for DD18 who stayed home alone, if she was good!;)

280.JPG

And thanks to you all for letting me relive my vacations for you. It was a rough start but its been fun and I now feel very computer savy. LOL. In fact Im looking forward to doing another after the Jan 2014 Liberty girls graduation cruise. Oh Yeah Im HOOKED!!!!!!!! My almost illegal use of exclamation points should have given that away a long time ago. HHA

Ok now if I can figure out the scanning thing Ill get the fun times up if youd like them.

Of course if there was something I missed just asked and Ill try to answer.

~ Hugs~ Gena

I wish more pictures would have come out better. A lot of my inside ones were very blurry. I dont know if it was the boat, me, lighting, or what. I dont usually have a problem at home. Maybe I was just too excited to hold the camera still..:D:p:rolleyes::o;)

Thanks again and good night.

When we got dropped off at the village the driver was nice enuf to tell me hed give me a ride back to my cabana. Good I only had a couple of precious hours left there.

Terry was in the water when I got back!! What?? Yes he was grumpy and hot and trying to get cool. The sun had moved enuf that it was mostly sunny in the cabana now. We did enjoy the mats for a while together but I much prefer just floating around on my own. Terry caught some shade on a hammock next to the cabana. Again it was back and forth and all too soon it was time to pack up and go. Last tender was at 4 but there were still a couple of ppl around and I had heard about the terrible lines waiting to catch the tender so we waited till 4 and walked back and got right on a tender. Easy peasy!

120.JPG

123.JPG

A new way to take a walk down the beach. Love it!

131.JPG

A different horse for this part of the ride

132.JPG

Going in the water. Yeah, no chance of picture taking soon after this shot. LOL

135.JPG

That was some crazy kinda fun. Look at those horses up to their necks. At least you dont need a helmet if you fall off! hha

137.JPG

Theres my sassy Palamino that lost her rider from the second group

LOL - hate to have to tell you this, but Sassy is NOT a Palamino - perhaps a paint. For a palamino, think of Trigger - Roy Roger's horse..gosh, that may be so dating me....sure looks like fun.

Love you review. Never been on the Ectasy and don;t have plans to be, but LOVE fun reviews with pictures. Thanks so much for taking the time.

I wish more pictures would have come out better. A lot of my inside ones were very blurry. I dont know if it was the boat, me, lighting, or what. I dont usually have a problem at home. Maybe I was just too excited to hold the camera still..

Thanks again and good night.

It could have been all the DOD's. ;)

1 day and a wake up!!!! I can't wait to be there. :D

thanks for the awesome review i see you did the chefs table alone where there other single persons besides you i am planning to do it solo as well. how much stair climbing was there on the behind the fun tour :)

We've done the Chef's Table and had an AWESOME time; really enjoyed it. The Behind the Fun tours we haven't done yet, only because I've read that there were a lot of stairs (and we shy away from stairs). But don't take my word; others may have done it and found it easy to do, I don't know.

Have a great time.

thanks for the nice comments on the review. Im glad it makes you feel like that!:d

the sundress i got at walmart!! Lol it was so comfy and the straps can make it into all kinds of different styles.

thanks for answering so quickly we are on the breeze this christmas so will try walmart in miami fingers crossed they have it in ;)

After some balcony time ( no not that kind of balcony time! Tsk tsk it was only the one time to say we did…) and meeting a new and different puppy, we were again off to find some fun. Another Miami Vice and we hit the Game of Love in the Blue Sapphire lounge.

LOL What a funny show! Man these people just do it to themselves and we get the hilarious benefits of it all. Again, cruise director Brent is Mr Instigator making all his comments and weird noises. One couple when asked where they met ( Newlyweds) said completely different answers! Same guy and they ask about a the “wifes ugly what???” he says GRANDMA!!! And they are cruising with her parents!!!!!!! OMG so funny for us but man I hope there is a reason for some of this poor guys answers or there will be no balcony time for him!! LOL

The couple that had been married the longest when asked about the most unusual place they’ve “done it” had Brent it stitches, shaking his head and mumbling something about best answer ever. What was it??? The husband had said “the ear” Ok now if Im catching this right, you really had to have seen the cowboy comedians show to appreciate this answer. Obviously Brent had not so he was a giggling but very confused mess.

After that we headed over to the Lido Deck party and I enjoyed a bit of the Mexican buffet at 11. Funny this was really the only time we really snacked out side of regular meal times. We didn’t really over indulge on food. I don’t think we ever really thought about it, we were just busy having fun or relaxing.

Anyway back to the balcony and really got to see an awesome lightening show. We also did the bungie cord to hold the door open thing tonight. I was really nice sleeping and waking once in a while to hear that wake.

The Love and Marriage show is always one of my favorite shows to watch on the cruise. It is always super funny. You never really know what people are going to say or do :eek:

Your review was without a doubt one of the best that I have ever read on Cruise Critic. You inspired me to do one from our cruise on the Carnival Legend so I am working on that now.

I am going to check out your review again later shortly before we leave on our cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy.

Thanks Again so much for putting all of this together :D

"The aft balcony is bigger than the standard and with that beautiful, blue water and the wake it was hypnotizing sitting out there. We spent a lot of time just relaxing and enjoying that balcony. We never really sat out on the public decks. Why when we could have our outside personal space and the convenience of our room and a view to boot! Hha"

That says it all. Great review so far. BTW you reminded me how Lucky I am to live in Florida. Cruise ports close by, green plants all year and lounging by the pool in January. It almost makes me forget humidity and mosquitoes. I am so glad you had a good time. We just got back from The Dream and I hope to do a birthday cruise on The Ecstasy in April.

:D

I wish more pictures would have come out better. A lot of my inside ones were very blurry. I dont know if it was the boat, me, lighting, or what. I dont usually have a problem at home. Maybe I was just too excited to hold the camera still..

Thanks again and good night. [/quote

I am NOT a camera expert...I have this trouble too and I found that if I hold the camera still for a few seconds after I take the picture it will come out okay. I am sure this has to do with the "shutter speed" but like I said, I am kind of dumb when it comes to technical stuff! :eek: Maybe Terry can check this out for you and/or try taking a "sample picture" using my advice and see if it works. Like another poster, I have never been on Ecstasy and don't think I ever will, but really enjoyed your review. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. ;);) Let us know what you decide about DD's grad cruise!

We got to Orlando air port with plenty of time to spare. I made a trip to the Harry Potter store!!! Hello!! DD (18) and I love HP and it was torture not to be able to go to the Wizzarding World of HP at Universal the day we went to KSC. Everything in me wanted to run in that direction, .but Terry had been awesome about this vacation and I couldn’t do that to him when I knew how much he wanted to see KSC. I squirmed a bit but I was a good girl. Well, he musta thought I was a good sport cuz he got me Astronaut Hello Kitty!!! I love her. Im a big collector of Hello Kitty stuff. Do I like her more than HP??? You bet! She my favorite since the 70s when there were those cute little pencils and smelly erasers. Thanks Terr Bear!

Hedwig for DD18 who stayed home alone, if she was good!;)

280.JPG

And thanks to you all for letting me relive my vacations for you. It was a rough start but its been fun and I now feel very computer savy. LOL. In fact Im looking forward to doing another after the Jan 2014 Liberty girls graduation cruise. Oh Yeah Im HOOKED!!!!!!!! My almost illegal use of exclamation points should have given that away a long time ago. HHA

Ok now if I can figure out the scanning thing Ill get the fun times up if youd like them.

Of course if there was something I missed just asked and Ill try to answer.

~ Hugs~ Gena

Thanks for a great review. I love Ecstasy, too - going back on her in January for the 3rd time and looking forward to it. So the review brought back a lot of fun memories.

Everything you say is right on the money, and for anyone reading this review who hasn't sailed on this ship, you owe it to yourselves - don't let her age fool you, take this cruise, the ship is perfect for this kind of itinerary.

Hope I get to cruise with you the next time you & DH say good-bye to the cows for a while... :)

thanks for the awesome review i see you did the chefs table alone where there other single persons besides you i am planning to do it solo as well. how much stair climbing was there on the behind the fun tour :)

I never felt alone at all. We were seated women on one side n men on the other. I think that helped a lot.

Terry says there were a lot of steps. Some very steep. May be hard for some to make.

Yup you're lucky! I'm ready to move there right now. Sadly farming isn't really a relocating kind of job. Poo. Lol

I gotta say that I must be tired and my mind must be deep in the gutter.

Gad Ben was able to create all of these for you :) you were on level E, right? Hopefully I will have him as my steward in E116 :)

Lmao!!! Yes he does make beautiful babies :D;):p

Archived