Ecstasy is too small a word for this cruise. Our picture review 9/20-24, 2012

jamona2311

From here until Tuesday you can't have a life...you need to post post post. :p

I kid...kind of. ;)

Sitting on the edge of my seat here as I scour the web for more Ecstasy reviews/pictures leading up to cruise on her this week. :D :D :D

LOL I know right thats how I was before my cruise! Its crazy!

Working on putting more up now;)

Friday September 21 NASSAU

We set our alarm on Terrys phone for 8am so we would have some time in Nassaue before our excursion at 1. We wakes me up “ Gena, wake up! Its 9! My alarm went off at 8 and I fell back asleep!” Im looking at him like “HUH???” I look around the room tired and groggy and say “ check behind the curtain” Sure enuf it was still dark outside. In fact, it was only 4 in the morning. I went back to sleep. His cell phone was not able to keep the right time at sea, so that is something to keep an eye out for. Mine was fine.

Around 8 my hot water came. For tea? Nope. I packed the Starbucks to go, lil creamer cups and sweet n low and make my own coffee. I wasn’t taking any chances on weak coffee. I only really need one cup a day, but it has to be a good one. We then went up to the buffet for breakfast and brought it back down to our room to eat it….on the balcony.

In Nassau, the water was beautiful in port. Sensation, Dentiny, and Disney Dream were along for the fun. People in beautiful costumes greeted us as we got off the ship, pictures were taken and we headed down the dock. We had a Booze Cruise n Snorkel planned but lad a little time to spare so we wanted to head over to Senor Frogs and just see what is about for ourselves. Well, just after stepping out of the port shops, of course, there were a lot of people everywhere trying to offer you beads, rides, tours, hair braiding etc. A polite “no thanks” was all we needed to keep walking… WHAT??? Wait! Hair braiding??? Ok, since I was a little girl and saw Bo Derrick in 10 ( just a preview…jeeze I was just a kid! LOL ) running with those braids and those beads swishing around, I wanted that!! I swore if I ever made it to the Islands, I was gonna get that done. Unfortunately, I don’t quite have enuf hair for that right now, but I did get what they call a Headband done.

DSCN1783.JPG

They should really open this balcony up as a wrap!! Wouldnt that be nice??

DSCN1789.JPG

DSCN1787.JPG

This is the port water!!! Still so blue....

043.JPG

Ooooh that hurts but then it kinda feels good too....wierd

045.JPG

Senor Frogs but Im thinkin most of you know this...

046.JPG

TIP: They tell you its $3 a braid. They tell you they can so small, medium, and large braids. I asked about medium, what I got was $140 of small braids! EEEK!! Awwww, it looked so cute tho, and it was a bucket list moment so I got over it. Plus, I didn’t have to worry about my crazy, always misbehaving hair the rest of the trip. Even now, I still love it and love not having to fuss. So, if you want braids, maybe figure out how much you want to spend or how many braids you would like first…..just saying.

We did make it to Senor Frogs for a bit. The party atmosphere was already in full swing. That place must just be fun any time of the day. Being there early, that was fine with us. Karaoke, balloon hats and some crazy shots were going on. We sipped on a Goombay Smash for him and a Bahamarita for me. I really wanted to try the yard, but with snorkeling coming up, I think that wouldn’t have been a good decision.

Terry got some Cubans. He like to indulge once in a while on a good stogie, so this was fun for him. Maybe they were real, maybe they wernt, but you can take them on the ship just not back home. He did say one was kicking his butt and that he enjoyed them. We left one for Ben. We left Ben a lot of treats and $$ when we left!

We booked our excursion with Island Marketing who sent me an email as a confirmation right?? I did have the email when we left the ship but somehow I lost it along the way. No worries. They had our names of course since we had made a deposit. We met up with them right by Senor Frogs and we got on the double deck boat and made our way to the snorkeling point, picking up more people along the way. Thank goodness cuz we had a small group at first and it didn’t look like that would be the making of a good party, HHA.

Snorkeling was fun, fun, fun. Not that there were many fish but just being able to try it was great and I was one of the last ones back on the boat. Poor Terry tho, couldn’t get his mask on right and had put the whole dang mouth piece in his mouth. This did not make snorkeling fun for him and he went back to the boat after a couple of minutes. He did get it straightened out enuf to get back in the water for a little bit

034.JPG

Whoops forgot about this one coming off the boat. They sell water as you get off and dont forget to duck!

044.JPG

054.JPG

Had to get one of the ships in port...oh yes and a stragers head.... BTW Ecstasy is second from the left.

056.JPG

Atlantis. See were all just sitting nicely talking, looking around....

057.jpg

This was sooo fun. Im def becoming a beach girl after this trip

057-001.jpg

Ive really got to learn how to use the underwater feature better but I do see fish...

Back on the boat lunch was being served. Jerk bbq chicken and ribs with Island rice and corn. All very yummy. The free drinks were stuff like goombay smash and bahamamamas and yellow bird. OH MY GOD they were sooooo strong!

They took us to a nice beach for a while but serious dark clouds were approaching so we started to head back a bit early. They had cleared the top sun deck of the boat and made it into a dance floor and the party began and so did the rain. That didn’t stop any of us from having a great time. In fact, I think it made it all the more fun! Strong drinks flowing gave Terry some crazy kind of liquid courage because even he danced with me and Terry never dances. There were even some girls slip sliding. Looks like fun but Im sure they were hurting the next day. Got back way too soon and it was still pouring. Im tipsy and misread my watch ( no numbers..) so we decided to head back to the ship. Dang it, I wanted my Yard from SF or to see some more of Nassau. Oh well, I guess Ill just have to come back some day huh?? At port, we did a little shopping for the girls, took some pictures and went back to the ship where they had warm towels waiting for us. Aaaahhhhh heaven when youre soaked to the bone and chilled by the blast of AC as you get back on board. Love you Carnival!!!

063.JPG

A cpl pics from the beach stop. Those rocks were kinda sharp almost have to wonder if its like volcano rock...what do i know???? Hha

060.JPG

062.JPG

Awwww a pink light house...

068.JPG

Im coming out so ya better get this party started!!~ P!NK

079.jpg

Ya just know that is gonna hurt in the AM

083.JPG

Drink in hand, soaked, but having the time of our lives

In the cabin, we got into some dry comfy clothes and spent some more time on the balcony where the rain couldn’t reach us. The neighbors were playing some Indian (India) music which was a nice change of pace from what we listen to. This is where we realized that I looked at my watch wrong and realized we would have had plenty of time to hang in Nassau for a little longer…oh well.

Tonight was also elegant night. Im not much for dressing up and Terry definitely isn’t but it was fun getting a nice dress and feeling snaz-eh!!

I decided on the stuffed mushroom and Terry the….I don’t remember, huh :/..and we shared the Alligator fritters. The main course was Lobster and Shrimp for me and Prime rib for him. Desert was Bitter n blanc ( you all made me curious to try this one) and he had Wcmc AGAIN! I think he likes it! I really, really think he likes it. Hha A shot of Espresso was also in order. Our wait team surprised us with singing Happy Anniversary and a piece of cake. Well….kinda surprised us. I had forgotten that waaay back in December when we booked I had mentioned that this was an anniversary cruise. That would explain how they knew huh??? LOL silly Gena.

Went back to the room for some balcony time and our Elephant was waiting for us. After Puppy the first night, I had left a note for Ben that said Puppy liked her new home and that she wanted to stay. With Elephant, I left a note that said she wanted to stay cuz she had made a new friend.

DSCN1804.JPG

Sensation blurry but still pretty when lit up at dusk

DSCN1820.JPG

Off to Elegant night

DSCN1823.JPG

Our anniversary cake after the fact...hehe

DSCN1830.JPG

BFF

Off to find some fun, we headed over to the piano bar. Im thinking it was a wee bit too early for this cuz it was kinda quiet in there. We decided to try the China town lounge where Karaoke was going on. Ok, time to kick another item from the bucket list. I wanted to do this and I wanted it bad!! Ive tried before with friends and it was fun but never solo. Now was my chance. Id never see this people again right??? If I do, weve all had enuf to drink that no one would care right??? Ok Im signing up! I had to wait and hour and a half. Plenty of time to work up the nerve and consume more alcohol…..or was this plenty of time to get too nervous and chicken out???? There were some really good singers right before me….Terrys like, you can do this, you know this song like the back of your hand. Its Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar ( Im her biggest fan BTW) OK OK!!!! I did it ! Yay!!!! I was shaking like a leaf the entire time, I couldn’t find my voice at first but I did it and that was that.

We booked it outta there right after and went to the Midnight adult comedy. I already mentioned how funny this guy was and how I practically peed myself laughing. LOL

Back to the balcony and to bed. Good bye 1st full day. L

DSCN1852.JPG

China town lounge

DSCN1857.JPG

Yeah me doing karaoke. Thank God Terry doesnt know how to use the record button!! :eek:

DSCN1854.JPG

Why this pic??? Let me tell you. There was this WOMAN doing Tina Turners Private Dancer up on stage. She was not a petite lady what so ever. Great right??? You go girl!!! She was one of the most exciting people that did karaoke that night. Lets just say it was more like a rated R show and this little boy was right in front of the stage. LOL Thank God dad (?) was there to make sure he doesnt see anything before its time...like in 10 years +...

So awesome to read your review!! we are going on Ecstasy this December (Our very first cruise) and we are staying in E240... Theses photos have made me even more excited.. I love the view from the room.. Looks so peaceful!!! Thank You again for taking the time to post all these photos. My husband is worried about being in the very back of the boat but after seeing the photos the view he says will be worth it all ;)

So awesome to read your review!! we are going on Ecstasy this December (Our very first cruise) and we are staying in E240... Theses photos have made me even more excited.. I love the view from the room.. Looks so peaceful!!! Thank You again for taking the time to post all these photos. My husband is worried about being in the very back of the boat but after seeing the photos the view he says will be worth it all ;)

We had absolutly no problems there. You will LOVE it!! Quiet, very convienent, and views to die for. I sit on my porch swing in the back now with the water feature running, close my eyes and try to get some of that back! :D;) LOL

Tell Ben hi from us if you have him. hes the best!!

Thank you!!! We are going on our 1st family cruise in Dec and hubby and I have a balcony room on the main deck! I can't wait to join that "balcony time" club! I'm loving your details! I look forward to more!!!

HAHA Good Im glad. I was hoping I wasnt TMI-ing everyone with that comment! EEK :D:p

Enjoy your cruise! I cant wait for another:D

Reviews like yours make reading CC such a pleasure. You obviously had a great time and tried to let the negative just roll off your back!! I love it! :D :D

Awww thank you!!! That so sweet of you to say. Oh jeeze I think Im having one of my choking up moments.

Im glad you like it. Im not always Mrs UBER Cheerful. This just really did turn out perfect and I feel soooo blessed for both my husband and myself.

I am LOVING your review!! I sitting at work just a reading getting more and excited about my journey on The Ecstay in 4 DAYS:D!!!!

Ohhh I remember when we were 4 days away!!! Waaahhhh. Naw seriously Im sooo happy for you. Right on the verge of an awesome vacation. What a great place to be. :D:D

Saturday, September 22, Half Moon Cay aaaahhhhhh

This day made me a beach girl for life.

Woke to see the sun coming up and then back to sleep for a bit till room service breakfast came. I tried the smoked salmon and cream cheese with a bagel, a banana, some peach yogurt and my hot water to make my own coffee. Terry had been up early ( once a farmer always a farmer even on vacation) and had his breakfast at the buffet.

We got ready and went to see about tenders to HMC right at 9. No tickets needed for this tender and we got on the first one. It was a fast ride. We got off and practically walked right onto a bus/truck, that took us to Cabana #9. The snacks and drinks weren’t there yet but arrived soon. Within 5 minutes of getting organized for the day and settling down on one of the comfy lounge chairs with the misting fan and my music, I was in PARADISE!!!!!!!!!!! I knew right then and there that cabana was worth every penny!

DSCN1888.JPG

Morning has broken, like the first morning- Cat Stevens

DSCN1883.JPG

the waters were about this calm the entire time on board

091.JPG

Bye Ecstasy. see you later.

096.JPG

I see it!! Look, look.

097.JPG

Heading to the dock

101.JPG

Were here!!!

Terry broke his sunglasses and had to go find some to buy so I went into the water. He is not a beach/ sun person at all so this cabana was also a nice retreat for him. With him off to find the sunglasses, I got in the water. ~SIGH~ Clear, just cool enuf in the hot sun, beautiful island and beautiful ship anchored in the distance, soft sand under your feet. It was hard to get out of the water. Something I guess about salt water really helps you float. I was barely moving my arms and legs and I could make it out to the rope line. Glorious, absolutely the best beach ever. Even the salt water didn’t bother me.

Terry came back and I went up to the cabana to join him. In the water out of the water, time for some melon and veggies, in the water and out of the water and onto the lounge chair, that was my morning. By 1130 I had my monkey head drink in my hand and not long after we picked up lunch to take back to the cabana. The food was tasty and Terry got extra sweets for later ( not big on veggies and dip I guess)

102.JPG

on the bus/truck thing

106.JPG

Misting fan, AC, ceiling fan to help keep you cool

DSCN1896.JPG

The snacks were fresh slice melon, veggie tray with dip, oranges, and a monstor bag of tostitos with sour cream, quac and pico. we also had 6 sodas and 2 waters for the two of us

107.JPG

DSCN1890.JPG

DSCN1891.JPG

I had my land and sea horseback ride at 1 so I walked up the beach and finally met some more of the Troublemakers ( from roll call) and eventually made it to the square where I met the bus/truck to take us to the horses. The guide there called me Princess ( he did to everyone), I thought it was charming. By now I was parched but no worries they have plenty of soda and bottled water that they encourage you to take advantage of to keep hydrated.

If you bring stuff with you to the stables they have lockers to use. If you don’t bring proper shoes ( tennis or water shoes) they have some you can use.

Black beauty was my first horse for the land ride. They took us around for a while on sand trails with beautiful flowers and views. I saw a rooster… These guys really look out for you. There were plenty of ppl who had never even been on a horse and they were always checking to make sure you were comfortable and feeling safe.

I had a Palamino for the sea part of this ride. Right away I knew it was going to be a totally different experience. Now Ive rode horses plenty of times, even had lessons when I was younger. Ive loved horses since I was 5. As a “once upon a time” artist they were a big part of my work. Ive never had a problem or have been nervous, til now.

Im not a small girl and this horse had a small narrow body with a bony spine ( not in a malnourished way). They put a riding pad on him. No broad saddle, no stirrups. Only the reins and a small canvas type handle in front of the pad. IM GONNA FALL OFF OF THIS HORSE!! I could feel it, I knew I didn’t fit on this horse but in we went we start off kinda slow but my horse thinks it some kind of race he has to win.

He charges up the line in water up to his withers, Im wobbling all over his back trying to stay on. IM A HORSE GIRL DANG IT!!! IM NOT FALLING OFF!! All the horses start going the other way and even tho were not there yet my horse does an about face and cuts in line, no more like busts into the line, Im holding on for dear life, the water is pushing my legs away from his body so Ive got them as far back as possible and wrapped around him and hard as I can. (Ohh my thighs are gonna hurt tomorrow) So this horse is pushing all the other horses to the side in his own personal race, horse poopies are floating by. No point in trying to dodge those!! Ick. The guide is telling me to scoot forward on my riding pad, YEAH RIGHT!! He says just let the horse go. Im like he is just going!!! Finally we come in 2nd! I hope he was happy with that!!

Apparently my saddle/pad got twisted up and that’s why I was having such a hard time staying on. The lady after me who rode this horse actually fell off from the twisted saddle/pad so I actually did OK! LOL

Yes it was still fun and amazing and I would try it again. I mean for a horse girl this was an amazing experience. But why didn’t Terry go???? Do you know many farmers??? “Ahh the only good horse is a dead horse, dang hay burners” blah blah blah!! And as a city girl, I thought “ cool I met a farmer now I can finally have my own horse!” Think again….maybe someday???? Im still working on him. HA

They did split us up into two groups for the water part so we were able to get ready to go and enjoy some cool beverages and watch the others to get an idea what it was like for us. It was kinda hard to take pictures while in the water…

The guys at the stable said we could take one of the conch shells laying around. I found a huge shiny pearly one. Nice momento from an exhilarating experience.

109.JPG

Can you see this water?!?! Ugh I wanna live here! Right here in the water. LOL

111.JPG

Whom ever named this bar knew what they were talking about

112.JPG

The busier end of the beach

116.JPG

118.JPG

127.JPG

Black beauty and I with Ecstasy in the back ground in more way than one

Friday September 21 NASSAU

We set our alarm on Terrys phone for 8am so we would have some time in Nassaue before our excursion at 1. We wakes me up “ Gena, wake up! Its 9! My alarm went off at 8 and I fell back asleep!” Im looking at him like “HUH???” I look around the room tired and groggy and say “ check behind the curtain” Sure enuf it was still dark outside. In fact, it was only 4 in the morning. I went back to sleep. His cell phone was not able to keep the right time at sea, so that is something to keep an eye out for. Mine was fine.

Around 8 my hot water came. For tea? Nope. I packed the Starbucks to go, lil creamer cups and sweet n low and make my own coffee. I wasn’t taking any chances on weak coffee. I only really need one cup a day, but it has to be a good one. We then went up to the buffet for breakfast and brought it back down to our room to eat it….on the balcony.

In Nassau, the water was beautiful in port. Sensation, Dentiny, and Disney Dream were along for the fun. People in beautiful costumes greeted us as we got off the ship, pictures were taken and we headed down the dock. We had a Booze Cruise n Snorkel planned but lad a little time to spare so we wanted to head over to Senor Frogs and just see what is about for ourselves. Well, just after stepping out of the port shops, of course, there were a lot of people everywhere trying to offer you beads, rides, tours, hair braiding etc. A polite “no thanks” was all we needed to keep walking… WHAT??? Wait! Hair braiding??? Ok, since I was a little girl and saw Bo Derrick in 10 ( just a preview…jeeze I was just a kid! LOL ) running with those braids and those beads swishing around, I wanted that!! I swore if I ever made it to the Islands, I was gonna get that done. Unfortunately, I don’t quite have enuf hair for that right now, but I did get what they call a Headband done.

I was too young to see the movie, too, but I totally know what you mean about the braids!!! I have always wanted them too!!

I LOVE how yours turned out!! How long can you keep them in??

From here until Tuesday you can't have a life...you need to post post post. :p

I kid...kind of. ;)

Sitting on the edge of my seat here as I scour the web for more Ecstasy reviews/pictures leading up to cruise on her this week. :D :D :D

please come back with a great review:)

Archived