How far in advance can you book the specialty restaurant by phone or online?

sweetpea222

I thought I'd heard it was 47 days in advance, but that seems like such a random number, I'm not sure if I remember correctly. We need to book a dinner for 11 people on the Spirit, on the next July 10 sailing out of Venice. Would like it to be the first day, if possible.

Also, does anyone know if the deal where if you book a certain time (5 pm?) you receive a bottle of wine for every two adults? I know I read that here at CC but I'm not sure if it was a usual thing or a limited time offer. There will be 6 adults at the time we go, so 3 bottles of wine would be amazing. Seems too good to be true, and you know how that saying goes. :D

Thanks!

I believe it is 45 days from the sailing date and you have to pre-pay the charge if you book before getting on the ship. We are specifically not pre-booking our dinner reservations until we get on because we will have a credit on our onboard account for a free dinner and I am not going to have to pay for the restaurant by booking it now.

As far as a free bottle of wine, that has never been my experience in any of the specialty restaurants. Perhaps this was a special.

As far as what restaurant, it depends on what people want to eat so only you can answer that question.

I have been on 2 NCL cruises (last two Februarys) and headed on 3rd this February. Before that a decade of RCCL and CCL.

Believe it or not...I have never eaten the buffet or the main dining on NCL. We have eaten at all the specialty restaurants several times.

The Italian is great...love the atmosphere and food and price is $10 bucks or so...awesome

The French is very romantic and the food is very good and the price is reasonable.

The Brazilian steakhouse is great and if you have never experienced one...it is fun...don't love the location (people walking through)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Asian....so good...so fresh...great price

Did the tepanyaki once...delicious but pricey

Cagney's is top notch...great food and atmosphere...worth it

Enjoy...we plan on only eating at specialty again this trip...it adds about 110 per person to the cost...but NCL is so cheap...so worth it to get individually cooked food and service.

As Willys noted, it opens up 45 days prior to your sailing date - ours was like 1 day late at T-44 but no big deal. To reserve, you have to prepaid & charge it to your credit card - and possibly missed out on last minute onboard specials (haven't seen those BOGO lately being mentioned, LOL) but ....

If you are celebrating a special occassion and must dine at one of specialty at a specific time, this is one way to do it to avoid disappointment.

We are holding off as our sailing doesn't look like it's going to sail full or sold out, like 200+ cabins in all categories available for booking as the clock continue to count down - fewer people on board is good for us (fewer hogs in the pool area)

I thought I'd heard it was 47 days in advance, but that seems like such a random number, I'm not sure if I remember correctly. We need to book a dinner for 11 people on the Spirit, on the next July 10 sailing out of Venice. Would like it to be the first day, if possible.

Also, does anyone know if the deal where if you book a certain time (5 pm?) you receive a bottle of wine for every two adults? I know I read that here at CC but I'm not sure if it was a usual thing or a limited time offer. There will be 6 adults at the time we go, so 3 bottles of wine would be amazing. Seems too good to be true, and you know how that saying goes. :D

Thanks!

Congrats on your 50th!! You can book it 55 days in advance if you are in a suite, 45 days for all other categories. You will need to call guest services to book a dinner for 11, and be prepared to pay in full.

You will be able to book this on the ship for sure. If you ask the restaurant as soon as you board the ship for a 5 pm seating, you are most likely to get it. I think that will be the only way to get the early bird wine is to book on board. Only 25% of all reservations are held for pre-booking, and the 75% are only available to book once on board so you will be sure to get something you want.

Cherie

Thanks for the replies! Just to clarify, it's my in-law's 50th but we're also celebrating 18 years, so that's good too, right? :lol

I will call at 45 days out and ask about reservations for the 11 of us. I will also ask about whether or not, if we book the early seating, we can get the wine special or if that is only allowed on board. I don't want to risk not getting a table for all of us, however 3 bottles of wine is a sweet deal! :cool:

I don't know where you are getting this wine deal from. I have never seen it on any of my NCL cruises. Don't want you to be disappointed if there is no such thing offered.

People post all the time about free wine if you book before 6:00 PM in any of the specialty restaurants. It is the Tisdale either red or white........ but its free

Archived