Recent Carnival Legend Travelers? HELP!

ss75511

I didn't read the links but just wanted to say... the Legend is one of my top fave ships! Pay very little attention to reviews like that. You don't know these people. I am convinced some people seem to look for anything negative. And I know that poeple do have issues, it I'm sure they happen on every ship and every cruiseline, but don't let anyone elses opinion change anything. Go find out for yourselves!! I have never had a bad cruise or had anything greatly impact my cruise experience. Often times, it's all in the attitude. Cheers![/quot

I'm looking fwd to my TA on the Legend!

Hi!

I have read some terrible reviews as of late about the Legend...I know I shouldn't let it affect me & my level of excitement but it's starting to a bit. Luckily this will be my boyfriend's first cruise so hopefully he will enjoy the experience since he has nothing to compare it to.

For what i'm referring to, feel free to browse the following two reviews (the most recent ones from CC)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=109260

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=109343

I guess I'm mostly nervous because it seems like the more time that goes by the worse the ship is getting...exponentially. We set sail on October 14th...only 16 days!! I haven't been able to contain my excitement lately but these reviews really make me worried about all of the money we've put into this! I'm usually a Princess cruiser but i've also cruised Holland America and Carnival in the past. Carnival was my first cruise and might have just been my favorite (probably because it was my first & was a new experience all around...but I loved it!) I thought that it would be a great line for my boyfriend to have his first cruise on but these reviews are making me feel like I should have spent just a little bit more money & gone with Princess or Holland.

Does anyone have any insight? Particularly people that have cruised the Legend in the past 6 weeks or so? I try to take reviews with a grain of salt---i'm naturally a VERY positive person, my boyfriend---not so much haha--but it seems like they just keep declining as time goes by as far as people's enjoyment, the quality of food, service, as well as the condition of the ship itself.

I would love to hear from someone who has recently cruised on the Legend---especially if you had a better experience BUT even if you had a similar experience as the two people above, I just want to be fully prepared either way!

Just off the Legend in May... you have NOTHING to worry about. :) The ship was lovely, never crowded. The shows were MUCH better than high school level talent. The food on the Lido buffet was HOT and there were lots of options. There was not a single slob dining in the MDR and my lobster was perfection. The CD was excellent and he did NOT interrupt every 5 minutes to try and sell something. The staff was very pleasant, smiled, remembered my name and didn't look over worked, just working hard. There were NO kids on the Serenity deck and while there was some chogging... this was before the new oversight... it really wasn't a bad problem. Belize IS poor, but we had a fantastic time doing ziplining and cave tubing.

We booked a cruise on the new Breeze for April.... you should read those reviews... brand new ship and only about a 66% approval rating... Legend's is above 80%!

We just got off the Legend a few weeks ago and had a wonderful cruise vacation. Yes, I did see some names scratched in the elevators, but other than that everything was great. The ship is beautiful and the staff were all attentive and friendly. We would sail her again in a heartbeat. Go and don't worry, you will have a great cruise.

Lu

If you can't have a great time on Legend you got on the wrong ship.

Staff was courteous. Room steward kept cabin clean and cooler full of ice. The CD is funny and doesn't make too many announcements.

Staff were always painting and cleaning.

I was taking pictures in the Atrium and started talking to the bartender. I asked how he liked all the urns. He was noncommital. I told him dead sea captains are buried in each one to honor them. Really got him going! Finally I told him I was joking. He laughed so hard!

We just returned from our Legend cruise yesterday (Sunday 9/30) and out of 7 Carnival cruises, this was our (DW and I) favorite cruise yet!:)

I did not read the reviews the OP referred to, but the ship was in outstanding condition. Yes, we did see some minor blemishes here and there, but that would be expected from a ship that has 2000+ guests every week of the year.

The food was hot and plentiful in the main DR and on the Lido, and varied each day.

The CD James was great, not too many announcements, but very accessible and visible throughout the cruise. The ports were also great!

The only negative we had the whole week, and not really Carnivals fault, was we booked the Steakhouse on the first night, and were unfortunately seated near some other folks who obviously had too much too drink and were very loud. They ultimately got into a spat and left, but it did ruin the atmosphere for most of our meal.

Other than the first night at the Steakhouse, we had a fantastic time with no worries! I will try to write a detailed review, but must get back to work tomorrow. Have to pay for our next cruise somehow!

I dont normally read reviews but I just looked at the 2 you posted and all I can say is pffft. Sunday I will be boarding for the 3rd time on her and I have no concerns at all.

cuyahoga11, Have a great cruise next week and watch out for the urns:eek: see you in December:cool: Pink

We went in July and LOVED the Legend. It was our first Carnival cruise and we had a blast! I skimmed over the "bad" reviews and all I can say about them is that these people more than likely went just looking for anything and everything to complain about.

You will have a great time! Enjoy!

I was on the Legend last weel (Sept 23-30) and we had a blast. If you are going to be in Tampa ahead of time, stop by Wet Willie's Channelside. It's a great place to hang out and have a few drinks the nights "Pre-cruise."

The shows are good and the comedians in The Punchliner were super funny. ScottyK is Hilarious!! I loved the "Love & Marriage" Show hosted by James.

There is no shortage of "delicious" food on board and it's hot too. Although we did have one problem---We forgot to pack extra stomachs so even though we wanted to try 1/2 a dozen items ...We would get so full and have to stop eatting.

Crazy Fantastic Unbelievable Week!!! I want to go back.

I would love to go back on the Legend again and will probably do so in time. We had the best-est time ever and the last one was so very special because it was Christmas.

How you react to the ship depends on your expectations. We're older, we like to have quiet breakfast early in morning, relax in Serenity area, enjoy adult beverage or two...in short, we like to RELAX.

Enjoy your cruise and make of it what you want!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The best place to start with reviews is the review posts on this forum...where you can ask specific questions about any problems perceived by the review poster...and read the responses of others to the review...possibly look at photos supplied with the review...then you can go to the reviews which are independent of remarks from others. Whatever problems we have had with over thirty cruises, we still believe:

Our Worst Cruise Was Better than Our Best Other Type of Vacation

...and we always have a happy cruise. :)

We love cruising but have some friends who don't, and of course it's always amazing how different people's perceptions of the same ship can be. We go on the Legend in November, just keeping an open mind about it, we'll have fun no matter what. Even a not-so-stellar day on a cruise beats work!

• 1 year later...

I did not read the links or any of the comments but I just got off the Legend Saturday for her Panama Canal Transit cruise. It was one of the best cruises I have had on Carnival and this was my 18th. Our headwaiter was the very best I have ever had in all 18 cruises. I have never met so many friendly people on this cruise. Maybe because of the type of cruise it was - going through the Panama Canal and then on to Australia (which we did not do). The only complaint I have and this applies to all Carnival ships recently is the extreme loudness in the theater. I don't remember the shows being so loud. It hurt my ears and I avoided many shows for that reason. The only other complaint I have (which has been taken care of as of October) is the smoking on the balconies. We had a smoker on both sides and could not enjoy the balcony. Thank goodness they will be smoke free in Oct. Those are my only complaints. The ship was wonderful and I had sailed the Spirit (the sister ship to the Legend) and really like the smaller ships. The dining room food was excellent and as I mentioned earlier, our waitstaff was superb. We had a balcony on deck 8 port side and loved it. Our CD, Eric was great. I would sail the Legend again in a heartbeat. :D

Note: Just saw where this was bumped up from 2012. Our cruise on the Legend the last two weeks were wonderful.

Edited by travel girl23

Hi!

I have read some terrible reviews as of late about the Legend...I know I shouldn't let it affect me & my level of excitement but it's starting to a bit. Luckily this will be my boyfriend's first cruise so hopefully he will enjoy the experience since he has nothing to compare it to.

For what i'm referring to, feel free to browse the following two reviews (the most recent ones from CC)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=109260

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=109343

I guess I'm mostly nervous because it seems like the more time that goes by the worse the ship is getting...exponentially. We set sail on October 14th...only 16 days!! I haven't been able to contain my excitement lately but these reviews really make me worried about all of the money we've put into this! I'm usually a Princess cruiser but i've also cruised Holland America and Carnival in the past. Carnival was my first cruise and might have just been my favorite (probably because it was my first & was a new experience all around...but I loved it!) I thought that it would be a great line for my boyfriend to have his first cruise on but these reviews are making me feel like I should have spent just a little bit more money & gone with Princess or Holland.

Does anyone have any insight? Particularly people that have cruised the Legend in the past 6 weeks or so? I try to take reviews with a grain of salt---i'm naturally a VERY positive person, my boyfriend---not so much haha--but it seems like they just keep declining as time goes by as far as people's enjoyment, the quality of food, service, as well as the condition of the ship itself.

I would love to hear from someone who has recently cruised on the Legend---especially if you had a better experience BUT even if you had a similar experience as the two people above, I just want to be fully prepared either way!

I haven't read all of the replies here, but my first observation is that both of the reviews were for a September 2012 sailing.

I was on The Legend in January this year. Every thing was fine. I don't have any complaints.

You will have a great time.

FYI, if you want a clam shell bed on a sea day, you need to get up on deck around 7 AM. My friend and I did this, and had an awesome last day at sea. They do remove the towels though if you are not there for a while. We took it in turns to go and get food etc, so that we didn't lose out place.