LGA to 9/11 Memorial

ddins

We are flying in to La Guardia the day before our cruise and we are going to go to the 9/11 Memorial. What is the best way to get there? We are staying at the Hampton Inn and have mapped out public transportation but looking for insight. It is really cheap to take public transporation ( 1hr 15 min and about $5) but our flight doesn't land until 1PM and time is at a premium. Is it faster to take a cab? How much?

Thanks in advance!

Which Hampton Inn are you staying at? I assume you're going to your hotel first to drop off your luggage and then going to the 9/11 memorial, so you need to make plans for two different trips, first from LGA to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the 9/11 memorial.

Make sure you have reservations for the Memorial. A reservation is required--you can't just show up at anytime.:)

Your cheapest option is public transp.

PS--there is no such thing as getting anywhere fast in a cab in NYC.:D

Which Hampton Inn are you staying at? I assume you're going to your hotel first to drop off your luggage and then going to the 9/11 memorial, so you need to make plans for two different trips, first from LGA to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the 9/11 memorial.

Hampton LGA in East Elhurst on Ditmers. They have a free airport shuttle.

Yes we already have our 9/11 Memorial tickets for 5 PM. I know you can

show up 20 min early, thats our plan.

We land at 1PM, I figured to the hotel around 2:30 check in, hit the road to WTC around 3.

So is it best to stick with the public transportation or get a taxi into the city and public transportation back to the hotel?

Thanks Again!

Hampton LGA in East Elhurst on Ditmers. They have a free airport shuttle.

Yes we already have our 9/11 Memorial tickets for 5 PM. I know you can

show up 20 min early, thats our plan.

We land at 1PM, I figured to the hotel around 2:30 check in, hit the road to WTC around 3.

So is it best to stick with the public transportation or get a taxi into the city and public transportation back to the hotel?

Thanks Again!

Does your hotel provide free shuttle service to the subway? If so, that would be the way to go.

A taxi would be expensive...probably $40-45.

In any event you're going to be rushing to make it to the 9/11 memorial.

Well if you can buy your Metrocard from any Hudson News Stand at the airport you could do public Transportation, both take 90 minutes to two hours.

Q23 bus from Ditmas and 102nd St. get off a Queens Blvd and take E to the last Stop (WTC).

Or walk over to LGA airport and take the M60 bus get off at W 125th Street and Fred Douglas Blvd and take the A subway to Chambers Street.

http://www.mta.info Trip TripAdvisor or http://www.hopstop.com

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn LGA (baseball game the night before our cruise:)). I don't believe they provide shuttle service to the subway - just to the airport. If time is an issue and money is not, a taxi is the way to go.

Thanks everyone for your responses. They are greatly appreciated.

We know we are cutting it close, unfortunately this is all the time we have. We have toured the city pre 9/11 and would love to make it back to the WTC.

The price difference in cab vs. public transportation is not that big of a deal but if it means making it or not, then it is.

How much faster is the cab going to be?

Thanks everyone for the insight.

The Hampton Inn offers a free shuttle to the subway that leaves on the hour. If it works out we'll take that or else we'll hop a cab to the subway or all the way if we are close on time..

Thanks everyone for the insight.

The Hampton Inn offers a free shuttle to the subway that leaves on the hour. If it works out we'll take that or else we'll hop a cab to the subway or all the way if we are close on time..

Have a great time!

Just to let you know, we arrived 15 min early, but due to the long lines, it was still 45 min before we got up to security. I don't think you'll have any issues arriving early.

Archived