Groups: Meeting space on M Class

takemewithyou

Just found out that a group will be onboard our sailing.

Seminars at Sea for TA's onboard Millennium 10-22 Ensenada to Hawaii.

I get a little nervous about groups because I am afraid they could take space away from passengers for their seminars - we have 5 sea days on the way to Hawaii. There used to be meeting rooms on Deck 3 but those were recently converted to staterooms.

Does anyone have any idea how many TA's there might be at these seminars and where their meetings might be held?

The seminar at sea for your voyage is sold out.....and there are still many cabins available on your cruise in almost all categories so I think it's safe to assume that there is a relatively small number...less than 100 in that group. Additionally, if it's like other meetings of this sort, the folks are not there to spend time with the group...they are enjoying a vacation which is tax deductible. Finally, they are TA's and they have some sensitivity towards creating a problem for other guests.

I think you'll be fine....they may take over a room for a social event or two, but you'll probably not even notice them.

The seminar at sea for your voyage is sold out.....and there are still many cabins available on your cruise in almost all categories so I think it's safe to assume that there is a relatively small number...less than 100 in that group. Additionally, if it's like other meetings of this sort, the folks are not there to spend time with the group...they are enjoying a vacation which is tax deductible. Finally, they are TA's and they have some sensitivity towards creating a problem for other guests.

I think you'll be fine....they may take over a room for a social event or two, but you'll probably not even notice them.

Based on past experience with other groups onboard my guess is that they would meet in the Theater unless there is a rehearsal. I was on a Costa (ugh) ship with a group of over 400 people. they really controlled the ship. Even dining times were adjusted to their schedule. On the plus side, never had a problem getting a chair at the pool. Don't think I'd take a cruise again with that size group aboard. Wish that Celebrity would indicate in their offerings if there was a large group.

I hope it is only 30-40 people...but it still worries me. I tried looking at the Seminars at Sea web site and I did see that it says "sold out".

I enjoy attending some of the lectures that are held in the theater on sea days if there is a speaker that interests me....hopefully those will still be happening.

Agree that it would be nice if X indicated that there would be large groups onboard.

They did replace the old conference rooms with cabins during the refit, but they also coverted the several other spaces on 3 to be conference rooms. One used to be where they showed movies. All inside with no windows now. Not sure if they would be big enough for the group you are talking about, but at least they are there.

They did replace the old conference rooms with cabins during the refit, but they also coverted the several other spaces on 3 to be conference rooms. One used to be where they showed movies. All inside with no windows now. Not sure if they would be big enough for the group you are talking about, but at least they are there.

Thank you. That's good to know. :)

Archived