Allure of the Seas Forward Facing Rooms

Hi all - I am somewhat new to cruising and am curious of the pros and cons of staterooms at the very forward of the ship. I am interested in booking the Allure of the Seas for January, but the only OV rooms available are at the very front. I have gotten only midly seasick on past cruises, so am curious if it's choppier on these big ships, noise level, view from window, etc.

Also, curious as to anyone's favorite decks and general thoughts on an Allure Western Caribbean cruise.

Thanks in advance!

Last year we were in 7108 and loved it for the most part. Had extra space to place bags and stuff do to the slant on the front of the ship. The only thing we didn't like is that we looked out to the helipad. So on our upcoming cruise we went with deck 11 so that we would look out more to the ocean.

We also had one of those on I think deck 8. Very strange room due to the slanted part. The room appears to be extra large with lots of space under the slant window. But, we had to clip the curtains closed with binder clips because the drapes sagged due to the length. Not a bad choice higher up.

As regards to getting sea sick. It would depend on your tolerance to movement and how the seas are flowing. If the higher waves are coming straight on or from an angle, the ship tends to gallop up and down. But usually the seas are calm and it doesn't matter.

Then again, we don't spend much time in a room that doesn't have a balcony, only sleep there. Can't really sit down and look out the window much.

Hi all - I am somewhat new to cruising and am curious of the pros and cons of staterooms at the very forward of the ship. I am interested in booking the Allure of the Seas for January, but the only OV rooms available are at the very front. I have gotten only midly seasick on past cruises, so am curious if it's choppier on these big ships, noise level, view from window, etc.

Also, curious as to anyone's favorite decks and general thoughts on an Allure Western Caribbean cruise.

Thanks in advance!

My advice....find another cabin. I haven't actually stayed in these cabins....but have visited them while on Oasis...if you are prone to any type of motion....the extreme front and aft are where you feel it the most. I have also been in these cabins with a bit of wave action...not big...just mild...and there was a "shutter" effect every time you hit a wave. If it's dead calm you are probably fine...but in any kind of seas you will know what I am talking about.

My advice....find another cabin. I haven't actually stayed in these cabins....but have visited them while on Oasis...if you are prone to any type of motion....the extreme front and aft are where you feel it the most. I have also been in these cabins with a bit of wave action...not big...just mild...and there was a "shutter" effect every time you hit a wave. If it's dead calm you are probably fine...but in any kind of seas you will know what I am talking about.

We have the entire row on Deck 8 for a cruise next summer with family. We have the one set of connecting cabins, my brother has the other. Other family in the other rooms. Looking forward to the unique view, slanted wall, and a little extra room.

Here is a pic of the room, then one of the connecting rooms standing in the hallway. These are rooms 8104 and 8102... wish i knew how to make them (the pics) bigger

1831228663_allureroom.jpg.c14bbd21e626cfb0231eaa33ec1730d2.jpg

621399842_allureroom2.jpg.ee3d2f34540eae4d3c83f4b05da275f8.jpg

The first and only time that we've stayed in a bow stateroom was on the Carnival Elation many years ago. True, this is a smaller ship than today's behemoths, but man o' man did that cabin rock. If you visualize a teeter totter motion, you will note that there is little motion in the centre, i.e. the fulcrum, and much more where the kids would sit. Same general principle on the cruise ship. The farther away from the centre of the ship, the more motion that will be felt.

Interestingly, on our last cruise, the Niew Amsterday, we had an aft balcony. We were blessed with perfect weather and absolutely loved the view.

Bottom line - if you are prone to motion sickness, stay as close to the middle of the ship as possible.

We also had one of those on I think deck 8. Very strange room due to the slanted part. The room appears to be extra large with lots of space under the slant window. But, we had to clip the curtains closed with binder clips because the drapes sagged due to the length. Not a bad choice higher up.

As regards to getting sea sick. It would depend on your tolerance to movement and how the seas are flowing. If the higher waves are coming straight on or from an angle, the ship tends to gallop up and down. But usually the seas are calm and it doesn't matter.

Then again, we don't spend much time in a room that doesn't have a balcony, only sleep there. Can't really sit down and look out the window much.

We booked an inside guarantee on Oasis and were quite pleased to get a deck 10 forward-facing ocean view. We could see the helipad, but because of being higher up, we saw plenty of ocean. We also kept bumping into the window, though, lol. There were two things we didn't like. Any time they were using the bow thrusters, the whole cabin vibrated heavily. We discovered this for the first time when the ship was docking in the early morning at Labadee, and we were still in bed. I wondered who had put the quarter in the vibrator machine on the bed! That really wasn't a big deal, but the odd problem for me was that the bed was crosswise in the cabin, so when lying down, you are transverse to the ship's axis, i.e., instead of rocking side to side, you rock head to toe, and that was an unnerving and unpleasant feeling for me. It made it harder for me to get to sleep. We enjoyed the illusion of extra space and the natural light, as well as the forward view when docking and such. You do need to be aware that they send workers down the front to clean the windows and they would be able to look right into the cabins if the curtains aren't closed. To sum up, we overall enjoyed the cabin for the price, but wouldn't book on again on purpose.

Archived