Akaroa

a1dolllady

I believe their feeling was that they had been on a tour of ChCh a few years ago, prior to the quakes and to see so much destruction and devastation made them very sad and unhappy to see what had happened to the area. We chose to stay in Akaroa as we didn't want to be a gawkers - similar to people touring the destruction of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

I apologize if my choice of words offended you; certainly not my intent.

That makes sense. I guess I am just a bit sensitive on behalf of our ChCh 'cousins'.

Glad you enjoyed Akaroa. Irony is, if it wasn't for the earthquake damaging Llytellton(?) I would have never even known about Akaroa.

I believe their feeling was that they had been on a tour of ChCh a few years ago, prior to the quakes and to see so much destruction and devastation made them very sad and unhappy to see what had happened to the area. We chose to stay in Akaroa as we didn't want to be a gawkers - similar to people touring the destruction of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

I apologize if my choice of words offended you; certainly not my intent.

Thanks for explaining, last night when I read your other post I was too upset to respond.

Christchurch and some surrounding areas of Canterbury suffered major damage, it will take years to rebuild.

Meanwhile, many Cantabrians are still waiting payment for their badly damaged homes from their Insurance Companies.

That makes sense. I guess I am just a bit sensitive on behalf of our ChCh 'cousins'.

Glad you enjoyed Akaroa. Irony is, if it wasn't for the earthquake damaging Llytellton(?) I would have never even known about Akaroa.

It's Lyttelton:)

For those interested in going to Arthur's Pass and looking for a less expensive, more personal and absolutely fabulous tour there we can recommend Jack Treager. We just returned from a 35 day cruise around NZ and Australia and the day we spent with him was the highlight of the trip!

He has a car (not a bus) so can only take 2 - 4 people at a time. He shared wonderful stories with us all day while driving through the most beautiful areas.

We also drove through and saw some of the devastation in Christchurch on the way back to the ship.

I can't recommend him highly enough.

His email is jt@jtnztours.co.nz

webpage: http://www.akaroa.com/tours/jack-tregear-nz-tours

I promise

Archived