Moving people around after booking\check-in

cman67

We are going on a cruise to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary in January.

There's 18 of us going including my wife, myself and my two kids ages 20 and 21.

There are 5 other 20 somethings coming - my kids boyfriend\girlfriend and 4 other close friends of their's. In order for this to work we book 2 quads and a double. One quad in my name one in my wife's and the double in my daughter's (21).

The end result will be that people will end up sleeping in different cabins than the reservation show.

What challenges will we face? What about room charges? Will this be tough to manage? Is there an easy way to do this once we have checked in?

Thanks.

Is there an easy way to do this once we have checked in?

Thanks.

check in normal

You, your wife and daughter go to guest service desk together. They will take care of issuing new cards that need to be issued.

You can also get an extra cabin only card to keep tabs on the kiddos.

Since the kids are minors you will not be able to be reissued new sign and sail cards. Those will stay the same. But you can ask for room key cards and ask to have them hole punched.

You go to guest services (wait til after the dinner time for less of a wait)

ships now have kiosks that you can have a print out of daily charges-- easy to use

We are going on a cruise to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary in January.

There's 18 of us going including my wife, myself and my two kids ages 20 and 21.

There are 5 other 20 somethings coming - my kids boyfriend\girlfriend and 4 other close friends of their's. In order for this to work we book 2 quads and a double. One quad in my name one in my wife's and the double in my daughter's (21).

The end result will be that people will end up sleeping in different cabins than the reservation show.

What challenges will we face? What about room charges? Will this be tough to manage? Is there an easy way to do this once we have checked in?

Thanks.

as long as the other person on the booking with your daughter is 21 you should have no problems.

I'm assuming you and the wife are taking the double and the rest of the 20 somethings will be split up amongst the 2 quads.

Guest services will issue new room keys and then everybody can sleep where they want.

Bill

Actually my wife and I aren't taking the double because it was booked late and it's inside state room. Quads are balconies.

My wife and I will take one quad and our kids will stay with us.

All the others will stay in the quad and double.

My biggest concern is that charges will be almost impossible to track down. Giving people room keys that you can't charge against will be a problem -won't it? Since cruises are designed not to use cash I don't think this will work.

We usually travel in a large group and have the same issues. I now print out a spreadsheet to take to the pursers desk to make it easier for them to make the changes (along with each person/cabin key) involved. Charges will go to the credit/debit card (or cash) associated with each guest. We have never had an issue with being charged with others purchases.

I too have done a fair share of "moving" people from cabin to cabin..

the thing to remember is that you must have all the people being moved there at same time

In your case, I can see you do NOT wish to be responsible for the sign/sail of these non family members.

IMHO....I would do it whatever way keeps their sign/sail attached to them, not YOU

Extra cabin keys may be one solution

IMHO....I would do it whatever way keeps their sign/sail attached to them, not YOU

when you are checking in-- each person will use their own credit card or tell the person you are using cash. I would not attach the people to my credit card.

even two people in one cabin can have their own onboard account. thats the easy part.

I like the spreadsheet idea.

So when a person uses their key to charge something it doesn't just get charged to their cabin but instead to a credit card that is associated to the card?

If that's true then I can take care of all of this at embarkation.

the sign and sail that is issued to that person will be tied to their own account

do not link your account to theirs

cabin room cards are not used to charge. only sign and sail cards.

when moving people ask for room only keys and leave the sign and sail cards alone

We have never had an issue, unless we don't do it as soon as we board and the line backs up. It is much easier to head straight to the pursers desk when you board and everyone is together. If you have connecting balconies you want opened, that is the time to put in the request too.

We have never had an issue, unless we don't do it as soon as we board and the line backs up. It is much easier to head straight to the pursers desk when you board and everyone is together. If you have connecting balconies you want opened, that is the time to put in the request too.

I think that was these people's issue, that every single person from each cabin had to be present to move them around...

I had a similar issue where I wanted to move $50 OBC from my account to my cabin roommate, and they even required that I go back to my cabin (all the way to deck 10) .. to obtain a photo ID. They said we could have gotten our pictures switched on my S&S cards, so they wouldnt trust those.

Son and a friend (both 20 somethings) are in another room. They will have their own S&S cards attached to their own credit cards on the paperwork before we even get to the port. I am not responsible for either of them or what charges they have brought on themselves. :eek:

Archived