Officers on Noordam

cruise-a-holic

Capt. John Scott (5 more days, then replaced by newly promoted Capt. Bas van Dreumel)

HM Jessica Schumann

Just curious about where the New Captain is coming from? Was he working for HAL on this, or another ship in another capacity? Or is he coming from another line? What an honor (and a huge responsibility) to be promoted to Captain. A lot of folks depend on him...

Just curious about where the New Captain is coming from? Was he working for HAL on this, or another ship in another capacity? Or is he coming from another line? What an honor (and a huge responsibility) to be promoted to Captain. A lot of folks depend on him...

Like the majority of HAL captains, he came up the ranks

I believe Bas was the Chief Officer on the Eurodam last year... good guy!

Do you know which captain will have the Noordam 1/18/2013? Inquiring minds... Hi Kathi

As of right now, Capt. Darin Bowland, the only Canadian

Sorry, my mistake (looking at the wrong ship) Capt. John Scott, the Kiwi, is scheduled to be Noordam's captain in January 2013

Sorry, my mistake (looking at the wrong ship) Capt. John Scott, the Kiwi, is scheduled to be Noordam's captain in January 2013

Although he lived in New Zealand he is actually British.

I gather more Captains and Senior Officers than usual are "on the move" so to speak and changing ships.

I gather more Captains and Senior Officers than usual are "on the move" so to speak and changing ships.

Bishop,

Are you saying Captain Scott is changing ships?

Thank you Sir!

Bishop,

Are you saying Captain Scott is changing ships?

There are changes coming but, as of now, Capt. Scott is staying put on NODM. Next spring, he is scheduled for Westerdam

Thank you Sir!

There are changes coming but, as of now, Capt. Scott is staying put on NODM. Next spring, he is scheduled for Westerdam

Thank you, I do think I may have met Capt. Scott before. (And Hi, Trish! I think we will have an excellent Captain!):D

Thank you, I do think I may have met Capt. Scott before. (And Hi, Trish! I think we will have an excellent Captain!):D

Jim and I have sailed with Captain Scott twice, once on the current Noordam and once on the last one. He impressed me. And... when we were gathering pictures for my Dad's memorial service in January, we found a picture of my parents with Captain Scott on a cruise to Alaska. Small world.

Trish,

That must have been bitter sweet for you to find that photo.

Sorry for your Dad's passing.

Captain Scott and his wife are delightful, outstanding couple who are so gracious in social situations.

We sailed with Captain Scott on Veendam, Zuiderdam, Eurodam and Noordam. We look forward to more cruises with him as Captain. :) Noordam is his ship as he was her '

Take out Captain'. Seems according to this thread he may be leaving her in the foreseeable future.

Thank you Sir!

Copper 10/8: John - I notice another new avatar. How about an up-to-date-one? It's nice to see your pretty wife but me thinks this may be a old photo. Do you still sport a mustache & is it still (ahem) black?. An enquiring mind would like to know.:confused:

Archived