Photos of the thermal suite on the Sapphire...ANYone???

cvpends

I've looked high and low, far and wide, and I can't seem to find photos of the different parts of the thermal suite on the Sapphire. Would you be willing to share?

Also, the thermal suite isn't clearly marked on the deck plans. Exactly where is it?

Thanks in advance, all you wonderful Princess Experts :D

Thermal Suites are located in the Lotus Spa, sometimes it is one deck down (and accessable only from within the spa.

I suspect the reason there are no pictures is that most people would not bring a camera there. It can get a bit steamy... and it is very dimly lit.:)

I dont have any pictures of the thermal suite on the Sapphire, I wouldnt want to take a camera in there. We sailed on the Sapphire and absolutely loved the thermal suites. My husband and I bought a pass to use on the cruise and we used it every day to go in there and relax in the steam rooms and on the hot loungers. As a matter of fact I am in the process in deciding between 2 cruises for Dec, one on the Grand Princess or RCI Navigator of the Seas. The RCI has steam rooms, but they are not co-ed. It is a less expensive cruise, but knowing how much we enjoyed that relaxing time in the thermal suites may be the deciding factor. You will enjoy it, it is a rather large area.

Hi,

I just put "princess thermal suite" into Google, hit enter, then clicked on "images" - quite a few came up that are of various Princess ships.

The Princess ones are the light coloured tiled in the middle with black tile around the outside. They are tiled loungers, and there are a few different steam rooms, and showers. Lots of photos of the tiled loungers, I doubt there are pictures of the steam rooms and showers for privacy reasons.

Sorry, I don't know how to put links to those photos here, but I'm sure if you try the same search, you'll see most of the same photos.

Also, the thermal suite isn't clearly marked on the deck plans. Exactly where is it?

Thanks in advance, all you wonderful Princess Experts :D

The thermal suite is forward of the treatment waiting area and you go through the waiting area to get to it

I dont have any pictures of the thermal suite on the Sapphire, I wouldnt want to take a camera in there. We sailed on the Sapphire and absolutely loved the thermal suites. My husband and I bought a pass to use on the cruise and we used it every day to go in there and relax in the steam rooms and on the hot loungers. As a matter of fact I am in the process in deciding between 2 cruises for Dec, one on the Grand Princess or RCI Navigator of the Seas. The RCI has steam rooms, but they are not co-ed. It is a less expensive cruise, but knowing how much we enjoyed that relaxing time in the thermal suites may be the deciding factor. You will enjoy it, it is a rather large area.

Thanks for this info! My husband and I love the thermal suite on the Splendor (sailed her twice just for the spa!), and hope to like the one on the Sapphire also. How many steam rooms does it include, and are they aromatherapy rooms? Is there just one room of loungers, and about how many loungers do you remember in the room? I'm trying to get a feel for what to expect from the Sapphire.

If you scroll down in this link there are photos of the TS on the Emerald from 2007.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/emeraldprin2-081007.cfm#axzz28xmB8UpY

Google "princess thermal suite photos" and you should find more.

Photo 36 in this link is of the heated loungers in the TS on the Sapphire.

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Sapphire+Princess/A9498

You'll love it! Though I don't have any pictures (when you go, you'll see why it doesn't seem appropriate to take pictures), I can tell you our firsthand experience with the Sapphire's Thermal Suite. It's in the Spa, toward the back (which is at the front of the ship), just past the Lotus Spa pool. You walk through the lobby and treatment room waiting area into an enclosed tiled room. There are 5 heated tile loungers that are very relaxing and comfortable, 2 rain showers that have jets shooting out all over, a sauna, eucalyptus steam room, and an aromatic steam room. There are plush robes and towels to use. The ambiance is wonderfully relaxing, the steam is fabulous for sinuses, and the whole experience is highly worth the $99 pp per cruise. For an additional $49, you can add an hour long couple's rasul experience, which is another must-do!

You'll love it! Though I don't have any pictures (when you go, you'll see why it doesn't seem appropriate to take pictures), I can tell you our firsthand experience with the Sapphire's Thermal Suite. It's in the Spa, toward the back (which is at the front of the ship), just past the Lotus Spa pool. You walk through the lobby and treatment room waiting area into an enclosed tiled room. There are 5 heated tile loungers that are very relaxing and comfortable, 2 rain showers that have jets shooting out all over, a sauna, eucalyptus steam room, and an aromatic steam room. There are plush robes and towels to use. The ambiance is wonderfully relaxing, the steam is fabulous for sinuses, and the whole experience is highly worth the $99 pp per cruise. For an additional $49, you can add an hour long couple's rasul experience, which is another must-do!

This description is so helpful -- thank you so much! I think I'm starting to get a picture in my mind now.

I can say that the Sapphire Princess's thermal suite is almost identical; it just doesn't have any windows.

Not really. Several of the Princess Thermal Suites are downstairs from the Lotus Spa and definitely feel like a dungeon. That's what we nick-named it on the Crown - "the dungeon." :o It was quiet and enjoyable, but the atmosphere was dark and cramped. I would enjoy having the loungers looking out windows and have the room bright and colorful.

Sapphire's thermal suites might not be as elaborate or have the views that the ones on the Splendor or the HAL ships have, but I'm sure that they will be a welcome part of our upcoming California Coastal cruise. I would like to also experience the Sanctuary, but I fear it will be too cold for that in the first week of April.

Archived