Is there a way to see what rate I booked?

liz827

I was 100% sure that I booked Early Saver because it was the cheapest but I got the dreaded e-mail that I was denied the price reduction because I didn't book early saver. I know I booked during the deal of 50% off deposit - would that cancel out the Early Saver rate? When I click on what is the penalty for cancelling, it says $0. I'm just curious what I chose if I didn't choose Early Saver :o

TIA!

Then what did I book? LOL It took me DAYS to actually go ahead and book this cruise after going through the steps several times a day since I finally got the courage to go by myself and leave my kid with grandma. If I would have just gone ahead and done it the first time, I guess I wouldn't have made a mistake, huh? haha

SO, I guess my next question is, if it's $0 penalty, I'll get my deposit back and the 2 payments that I've made? How does that work if I want to re-book?

SO, I guess my next question is, if it's $0 penalty, I'll get my deposit back and the 2 payments that I've made? How does that work if I want to re-book?

Yes...you'll be refunded everything you've paid. You can then re-book ES if you want.

I was 100% sure that I booked Early Saver because it was the cheapest but I got the dreaded e-mail that I was denied the price reduction because I didn't book early saver. I know I booked during the deal of 50% off deposit - would that cancel out the Early Saver rate? When I click on what is the penalty for cancelling, it says $0. I'm just curious what I chose if I didn't choose Early Saver :o

TIA!

If you booked 50% Deposit and you show $0 cancellation penalty, then you're not booked Early Saver. Presumably you can cancel with no penalty up to Final Payment Deadline date and receive refund for your downpayment and any added payments. Why they do not show your Booking type I've no idea - you can usually check your Booking confirmation - toward the end under something like "Terms" it will include phrases like "non-refundable deposit" and "no name changes" if you're booked Early Saver.

ken

I agree with ken, the half off deposit sale was not combinable with ES. .. so you know you didnt book ES if you did not put down a full deposit.

The only way to change to ES would be to pay the full deposit. No rates are combinable.

You booked the sale rate which might very well have been the best rate at the time.. it just doesnt allow rate drops after final payment but if its before final payment you can always pay the full deposit and price match and change to another rate.

You can call carnival and ask which rate you have booked. That is the same thing that I had to do.

Its the sale rate associated with the half off sale. I dont know what it would accomplish knowing the name of the rate or the code? The only way the OP can price match before final payment would be to pay the whole deposit.

If OP has made 2 payments since booking hopefully there is another money on file now to cover a full deposit.

OP I would call CCL and see if they'll adjust your rate or switch you to ES. It looks like you are 5 months and 2 weeks until your cruise so hopefully ES is still available as it disappears around the 5 month mark if you are booked on a 6 day or longer cruise.

Bill

Archived