Has Carnival Shelved 2.0 upgrades?

Ive asked twice for links.. a TA site that is not allowed to be posted that I dont have any way to verify does not prove a thing to me.

Other than Legend.. what other changes ?? I would like to know and keep asking for something that at least is official .. not a site that if someone clicks to report it will be removed as not allowed.

so H8 .. please update me... what other changes besides legend to the 2.0 upgrades..

sorry, but i'm waiting for a sme to come along; not someone posting i don't know what i haven't heard.

I do not think the op was "fretting" but rather stating their opinion of what they read ...

As for Firefly, and others that have in a sense bashed the op, just because you have not read it yourself, does not mean it is not going to happen.

I don't think OP was fretting either - but threads take on a life of there own and before several more pages of posts get added to this topic - surely someone will begin to worry...(I booked thiis ship just because it was getting 2.0 and now I heard that it isn't getting it..Carnival is so "____"...) Thus, I basically pointed out "No official announcement - no need to fret".

I don't think OP was fretting either - but threads take on a life of there own and before several more pages of posts get added to this topic - surely someone will begin to worry...(I booked thiis ship just because it was getting 2.0 and now I heard that it isn't getting it..Carnival is so "____"...) Thus, I basically pointed out "No official announcement - no need to fret".

They can use common sense and do a couple of different things ... call Carnival and ask, but we know that information varies greatly with multiple calls ... or they could do as another stated ... take a look at the schedules ... if there is a 2 week break of no cruises for a specific ship, most likely some work of some kind is being done.

They can use common sense and do a couple of different things ... call Carnival and ask, but we know that information varies greatly with multiple calls ... or they could do as another stated ... take a look at the schedules ... if there is a 2 week break of no cruises for a specific ship, most likely some work of some kind is being done.

LOL - I was the poster who looked at the schedules to figure out the dry dock dates of Legend and Victory. Common sense should be a pre-requisite to having a CC login, sadly.....

I dont even know where you are getting this information. I was away 2 weeks so maybe I missed this too??

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2011/10/05/what-is-the-fun-ship-2-0-implementation-schedule.aspx

so where did you get the above schedule is now incorrect?? Im lost in your thinking.

btw the loyalty rep on Magic said all ships will get 2.0 .. not that I believe him. He said a lot of things sounded to me like sales pitch.

so lets start at the beginning .. why you said that the ships on the schedule will not get 2.0 in 2013?

PS the above schedule at the bottom shows recently updated? says "Posted Wed, Oct 5 2011 11:44 AM by Mischelle " ... and last time I looked Magic was not on it .. now it shows in 2015..

The list in Carnivals' web site shows the Carnival Splendor was supposed to go into dry dock this year. Unless they have recently cancelled 2 sailings it is not going into dry dock.

LOL - I was the poster who looked at the schedules to figure out the dry dock dates of Legend and Victory. Common sense should be a pre-requisite to having a CC login, sadly.....

If it was, half of those that post with "all knowing knowledge" would not be here.

The only I don't like is they made a big stink about announcing this and all the hubub over the Liberty being the first ship to get 2.0. Now the Liberty has several of the features, but it still doesn't have the Hasboro games or the new stage shows. Why do all that promoting of a ship when you aren't going to put all the features in place right away?

The only I don't like is they made a big stink about announcing this and all the hubub over the Liberty being the first ship to get 2.0. Now the Liberty has several of the features, but it still doesn't have the Hasboro games or the new stage shows. Why do all that promoting of a ship when you aren't going to put all the features in place right away?

Why ask why Carnival chooses to do anything. No one knows. Why didnt they put guy's burgers on Dream... the favorite part of 2.0 to some of us.

I agree. When we made our reservations for the Splendor for May 2013, they had announced that the ship was getting the upgrades in 2012 but it has since been "postponed" and since the schedule is out for the Splendor into 2014 I don't see any chance of this happening any time soon. I wouldn't have been so disappointed in this change if they hadn't made such a big deal about it in the first place but I was looking forward to the new venues.

So why schedule it for Conquest and not Dream?? I guess Dream has more food venues?? Im still puzzled. Maybe they dont do it on Dream class? beats me the thinking.

Breeze is Dream class and has Guys so it's not that.

JH said it was space and "budgetary" issues for

not putting in on the Dream.

Translation:

The bean counters figured it didn't make

financial sense to put it on the Dream

but it does for the other ships. Simple

as that. Would love to sit it on one

of those meetings!

Archived