Which HOHO in Auckland?

Pearl64

Hi everyone,

I have been doing some research on this thread and the web about the HOHO in Auckland. We are arriving very early the Thursday of the Anniversary weekend and have the day to explore Auckland. We thought the HOHO would be a good option as we don't know how tired we will be after 2 days of traveling. I have read to take the HOHO Red bus, the Auckland Explorer Bus, and then there is a Viator HOHO. Are they the same or different? One has hours from 9 am to 4 pm which would get us where we needed to go. Or should we go to Waiheke Islands instead? We will be going to the Bay of Islands the next three days so don't want to repeat.

Where can we pick up the HOHO and where and how do we purchase tickets? We are staying at the Waldorf Celestion Apartments. Can we just get the tickets the day we arrive?

Thank you for all suggestions.

Pearl

Thanks to all who gave information. The links were great. Now we just need to figure out which ones we will want to spend a little more time.

We are getting excited about this trip to NZ and Australia.

Pearl

I just looked at the website for the HOHO Explorer and the confusion may be that there appears to be a red and a blue route, but they do seem to intersect. Our plan is to take the HOHO and explore and then to take the ferry to Devonport and explore there, too. It's going to be a full day!!

~~Judy

Archived