Liberty or Navigator? Can't decide....

leeselee

Even though we have booked for next year, my contact at RC said I could make a change and not be charged.

SO we are now looking at summer cruises on either the Liberty or Navigator.

I have sailed on the Brilliance, Splendour & Serenade.

Both Liberty & Navigator ships are larger than I have sailed before.

I had reservations about going on the Splendour after Brilliance, thinking it would be too small, but we were pleasantly surprised.

That said, I do not have too many thoughts on a larger ship, apart from it being too crowded.

That is why I am asking for some help please! :)

Don't worry about either ship being too crowded. Both he Voyager and Freedom class ships are designed to handle the number of passengers that they carry extremely well. There will be times when you will feel as if you have the entire ship to yourself. There are occasional crowded moments like when shows get out or the parades on the Royal Promenade.

As was mentioned above, if the flow rider is not of particular concern to you then pick the ship by the itinerary as here is little else of major difference between the two.

none of us would go on the Flowrider, but I expect we would like to see people trying to use it! :p

We love RC so much, I just couldn't imagine any ship not being great in one way or another.

We have taken Eastern & Western Med cruises - I think my husband is leaning towards the Liberty itinerary.

Our daughter who will be 17, doesn't really care as she just wants to cruise.

Both ships quoted a GS as approx 20 sq ft larger than the GS on Serenade, which is always a good thing - bigger is always better as far as rooms go.

I personally know one family who have been on Liberty, but as that was their first cruise - I think the WOW factor would overpower any objective opinion!!

Both are in our top favorite ships. They are essentially the same ship, with Liberty being slightly longer and having the Flowrider, H20 Zone, and a few other new features. Other than that, they are more similar than different in terms of layout, features, and size.

I would give the slight edge to Liberty, simply because she is a little newer. If the Navigator was cheaper or had a better itinerary, I would not hesitate by any means.

We picked Navigator for our December cruise because we have been on Freedom class ships quite a few times the past few years. Can't wait!

Liberty has Sorrentos on deck 5, a separate place for pizza and other Italian items like calzones and salad. On the Navigator, Cafe Promenade (also on deck 5) will have the pizza, but not the other Sorrentos items. (Liberty also has Cafe Promenade.) Liberty has cantilevered hot tubs on deck 11. Navigator also has large hot tubs, but not cantilevered.

Liberty is also a bit wider - might make a small difference in the stability in rough seas. We have cruised on both and loved them both. Remember - you can always use the coin toss to help decide!!!!

We are taking the Liberty on two TA's next year........so I will take good care of her for you!!!

Liberty is also a bit wider - might make a small difference in the stability in rough seas. We have cruised on both and loved them both. Remember - you can always use the coin toss to help decide!!!!

We are taking the Liberty on two TA's next year........so I will take good care of her for you!!!

The Voyager and Freedom class ships have identical widths and heights. The difference is in their length due to a 90' section added just forward of the aft centrum. I think that the reason it appears that Freedom class is wider is that some websites publish width including the bridge wings, and some publish width at the waterline, so you don't get an apples to apples comparison.

The Voyager and Freedom class ships have identical widths and heights. The difference is in their length due to a 90' section added just forward of the aft centrum. I think that the reason it appears that Freedom class is wider is that some websites publish width including the bridge wings, and some publish width at the waterline, so you don't get an apples to apples comparison.

Exactly right.

Archived