Recent Freedom 6-day cruisers...

funinthesun1964

Please tell me, what time is the muster drill/safety briefing? I was looking at a copy of fun times (admittedly, it was from 2011) and it stated that there is a sail away party on Lido deck at 4:30. Then, in smaller print at the bottom of the page, it said safety briefing at 4:30 :confused:

What would be the point in having a sail away party at 4:30 if the mandatory safety briefing is at 4:30?

Just wanted to hear from recent cruisers?? I leave Saturday and cruise on Sunday. Thanks!

Please tell me, what time is the muster drill/safety briefing? I was looking at a copy of fun times (admittedly, it was from 2011) and it stated that there is a sail away party on Lido deck at 4:30. Then, in smaller print at the bottom of the page, it said safety briefing at 4:30 :confused:

What would be the point in having a sail away party at 4:30 if the mandatory safety briefing is at 4:30?

Just wanted to hear from recent cruisers?? I leave Saturday and cruise on Sunday. Thanks!

Hey Brenda...I have been on the Freedom twice in the past year...going again in 9 days...with you. The drill has always been before sailing so we have never missed the sail away or the cocktail party...LOL. Mary

Hey Brenda...I have been on the Freedom twice in the past year...going again in 9 days...with you. The drill has always been before sailing so we have never missed the sail away or the cocktail party...LOL. Mary

Hi Mary!!!

Thanks, I didn't even think to ask you, you said you were on the Freedom before. I'm glad that the drill is before sailing. Do not want to miss the sail away - and DEFINITELY DO NOT want to miss the cocktail party :D:D:D

But I wonder why it said in the fun times that sail away was same time as safety briefing? Isnt that weird??

Hi Mary!!!

Thanks, I didn't even think to ask you, you said you were on the Freedom before. I'm glad that the drill is before sailing. Do not want to miss the sail away - and DEFINITELY DO NOT want to miss the cocktail party :D:D:D

But I wonder why it said in the fun times that sail away was same time as safety briefing? Isnt that weird??

I like to be out on deck at the very moment the ship sails away from the port, but when I was on the Freedom last April It had already started to sail away and we were still in the muster drill, so I missed that moment. Maybe they started the muster drill a little later than normal. I wasn't paying too much attention to what time that was.

We are going on the Freedom in December and can't wait. How was the service and food ont he ship? Some friends of ours said recently it seems like Carnival has been going down hill in both areas. We went on the Magic earlier this year and everything was great - no complaints at all.

Our service was outstanding. Stateroom attendants did a great job as did our wait staff.

Usually ate breakfast or lunch in MDR as well. Here service was spotty until we befriended one of the other waiters. He would come and take us out of line and get us a table for two! And on the last day, service was slow and our assigned waiter (from dinner) saw what was going on, came over, took our orders, etc. Really, no complaints about service but my DH always slips the wait staff a few $$. You should see the plates of sushi we get. DH thinks it is a good return on investment - LOL.

Food choices were more limited than in the past but still had all of our favorites over the course of the cruise. Food was good but fewer choices than a year or two ago.

And the Fish and Chips are great. Hours are limited but worth building it into your schedule. Have a great cruise.

Our safety briefing was over well before sail away on 9/30. This is a cool ship and a fun itinerary. Enjoy!:D

I was on this sailing with you!!! Had a blast and safety briefing was a breeze!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took this cruise twice last year it was great. You did have to go to the sail away party right after the muster though. The first time the muster took forever due to people not showing up on time.

In July I went to the falls with my step-mother. It was beautiful, but we did not climb. The locals at the falls were extremely pushy about buying there goods. After the falls we took a tour of Ochios Rios.

In October the weather was so bad that we missed Ochos Rios and Grand Cayman, and went to Freeport and a second stop in Key West insted.

I hope that the weather is better for our cruise on the Glory Monday.

Paula

Did you do your tour of the falls and the island with the cruise? I don't think that I would enjoy climbing the falls at all...going the stairs may be a different story though...I hate PUSHY people on the islands though. Was there alot of pressure on the tour?

I went on the Freedom 6-day in May for my honeymoon. DH and I missed sail away due to the muster drill! :( I was so upset because I wanted to be on the top decks to wave at the webcam. I quickly got over it though and had a great cruise!

We enjoy Jamaica but due to the odd hours in this port (7 am to 2 pm), we just shopped at the port and ended up at a very fun bar. It is the closest one to the ship. The port was a little disappointing, in less than a year, many of the shops have closed. I think the opening of the port at Falmouth has hurt them.

If it is a nice day, consider taking a cab to Shaw Gardens. It is beautiful.

What did you do when you were in Ocho Rios? We are excited about our trip in May but are a little worried about that port.

The people beg way too much for me just walking around but an excursion you get none of that or minimal just got back from the freedom late August the boat was moving but the bon voyage didn't start til after!

Archived