Hotels near the Port of Baltimore

My BFF and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center on O'Donnell. They have a Park and Cruise package that includes transporation to and from the ship. It's about a 5-7 minute ride. They also have complimentary breakfast in the morning. We were impressed with the hotel and the shuttle service. Staff for both were very friendly. The room was very comfortable. Upon returning the the hotel, the driver dropped us right by our car. And when we woke up the morning of the cruise, we could see the ship from our window, which really added to our excitement. :)

My BFF and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center on O'Donnell. They have a Park and Cruise package that includes transporation to and from the ship. It's about a 5-7 minute ride. They also have complimentary breakfast in the morning. We were impressed with the hotel and the shuttle service. Staff for both were very friendly. The room was very comfortable. Upon returning the the hotel, the driver dropped us right by our car. And when we woke up the morning of the cruise, we could see the ship from our window, which really added to our excitement. :)

From a previous experience with this hotel I found that it was on the far east side of downtown in an industrial area. There was a noisy truck stop type facility across from the hotel with less than savory looking people hanging out there. Many people had their cars broken into and there was a higher than normal police presence in the area.

The ship piers that are nearby is in the Dundalk area and the cruiseport is across the harbor in Locust Point. Obviously I am happy you had a good experience at this hotel but it is not one I would recommend.

From a previous experience with this hotel I found that it was on the far east side of downtown in an industrial area. There was a noisy truck stop type facility across from the hotel with less than savory looking people hanging out there. Many people had their cars broken into and there was a higher than normal police presence in the area.

The ship piers that are nearby is in the Dundalk area and the cruiseport is across the harbor in Locust Point. Obviously I am happy you had a good experience at this hotel but it is not one I would recommend.

no way i would ever suggest, nor stay there..

that said...there is a BW over by the airport/Elkridge that may have a package....and also a country inn by BWI...you're not near anything but you can use the light rail......it's pretty easy that way....

I drive past there every day. You will find a deserted bus depot, a truck wash and a trucking company located on the grounds. Also you will find a truck stop across the street. Oh almost forgot about the low income housing nearby with police cameras mounted on the light poles.

• 9 months later...
Anybody else with suggestions for a park and cruise in a safe area of Baltimore?

Either stay out by BWI Airport, lots of hotels there and they have packages or stay in the Inner Harbor area. Inner Harbor will be more expensive for both hotels and parking. BWI Airport hotels are in a safe area and there are some good local restaurants in the Linthicum area (this is the neighborhood right next to the airport).

Here are the rates for parking at BWI:

http://www.bwiairport.com/en/parking/information-rates

If you park out at long term (the least expensive option), give yourself **at least** 45 minutes to get back to wherever you are picking up the shuttle/transport to the cruise ship.

I travel in out and out of BWI frequently for business and park in long term. Some days it takes 10 minutes for the shuttle to arrive, others, close to 30 and then it makes numerous s l o w stops to pick up other travelers. Long term parking is also a bit farther from other airports I've traveled to. Just please make sure you give yourself some cushion in your timing which will, of course, mean everything goes quickly and smoothly.

Also, if your cruise is still some ways away, you may consider joining one of the social media coupon services for Baltimore. Some times you see deals for hotels at the inner harbor.

Good luck!

Another vote for Best Western Elkridge although it was so easy to get from there to the cruise port that we didn't bother with the parking option at the hotel. We paid the AAA hotel rate for the one night then got up in the a.m. and drove to the port. Didn't have to wait for a shuttle when we got back from the cruise -- just jumped in our car and headed out. It was a very easy area to navigate through. It cost us just a bit more to do that, but we felt we'd rather do it that way then to wait for a hotel shuttle to come pick us up - especially when there seemed to be a lot of people doing so. There were easily 50 people in the hotel lobby waiting for the shuttle and obviously the shuttle didn't hold that many people. I think we were at the port and on the ship before those folks even left the hotel.

Archived