Query for Jancruz

Jayayeff

Hi, I've recently booked a Med cruise on the Insignia in August however I have had no response to any of my questions regarding travelling solo with this cruise line. I even emailed Oceania direct but they replied saying they do not have singles activites on board, which wasn't what I asked !! You seem to be a mine of information on Oceania, could you give me any info on how accommodating this line is towards single passengers? I'm a British female, early fifties and am just a tad apprehensive about felling 'left out', especially with regard to the free seating dining, etc. Thanks - Anne

Hi, I've recently booked a Med cruise on the Insignia in August however I have had no response to any of my questions regarding travelling solo with this cruise line. I even emailed Oceania direct but they replied saying they do not have singles activites on board, which wasn't what I asked !! You seem to be a mine of information on Oceania, could you give me any info on how accommodating this line is towards single passengers? I'm a British female, early fifties and am just a tad apprehensive about felling 'left out', especially with regard to the free seating dining, etc. Thanks - Anne

Hi Anne,

I would not worry about traveling solo on Oceania..though they dont have special activities for singles (the cruise is very low key) you will always be welcomed on a trivia team..in the card room to play games or anywhere else on the ship..I have many single clients that love Oceania..and the friendly passengers and crew

Meal time you are always asked if you want to join a table for 8, especially in the main dining room..so I know you will not have a problem..in fact if you post the date again here and on the Yahoo board you will probably meet lots of people before you ever get on the ship..

Have a great trip..and I will be happy to answer anything I can for you anytime..

Jan

Thanks for your reply, I have posted several messages around the boards but there seems to be very little response to calls for people going on this cruise. I'm a widely travelled expat Brit so going away on my own isn't really a problem I was just a little concerned about there being no introductory cocktail party or assigned seating at dinner which are at least a couple of ways to get 'settled in'. I'm sure all will be well when the time comes, I'll just have to keep a look out on the boards to see if people sign up nearer to the time.

Archived