Cabana? Cabana? Why should I book a Cabana?

CruzerDeb

I know this is a semi older thread but gonna put my 2 cents in. We've rented a cabana before with Royal Caribbean and it was very nice but we didn't use it that much so now that we are doing a cruise to HMC I debated it this time around because of the fact we didn't use it. But then I thought and did a comparison. Labadee was overcast and not nearly as hot probably a big reason we didn't use it. Another point was that we were only on the island for like 4-5 hours and part of that was lunch and shopping in the artisan market (which you couldn't pay me to step foot in ever again). We've been to HMC before in June and it was HOT HOT HOT and from what I have seen August is worse. Last time we were in the water the entire time snorkeling (I forgot to sunscreen my very upper portion of the back of my legs and I couldn't sit comfy for days lol) but this time we will have 3 kids (7, 5 & 2) with us and won't be able to snorkel really and I don't see the kids playing in the water for the 7 or 8 hours that we are there as much as they love the clear waters. Also when we were there maybe we hit the BBQ at the totally wrong time but it was a nightmare finding seats. People just sprawled out all over the picnic benches and weren't willing to share (I think a lot were just trying to get out of the heat and not even eating).

So my thoughts are with the extras you get, the priority tender (we also have FTTF so no matter what we are gonna have priority), a/c, misting and shade as well as a place to bring lunch back to enjoy its well worth it. You get a lot more with Carnival's cabana than you do with Royals but Royals appear to be nicer from the pictures I've seen although Royal doesn't have tables (you get a private buffet with them and upgraded lunch and they have options that you can have an overwater one and walk right into the water).

We have been to HMC twice and had a great time without renting a cabana. There is plenty of shade. The lunch barbecue provided all the food and drink that we needed. I would rather spend the money on a shore excursion in another port. Just my opinion.

It's my first time to HMC and, so, my first time renting a cabana. I'll let you know if we felt it was worth the expense or not (or if we had to turn down other opportunities/expense because of it).

I'm a beach person, that's why I'm cruising to the Caribbean, but being a beach person doesn't mean I won't also enjoy a few amenities--nice chairs, a/c, etc., while I'm lounging on said beach.

• 3 months later...

I have one booked for our September cruise and am fully expecting it to be well worth the money. I LOVE the beach but I also enjoy getting out of the sun and cooling off for a bit. Skin cancer runs in my family and it will be nice to be able to shower of the sand and reapply sunscreen as needed. Nothing ickier feeling than rubbing sunscreen on skin with sand mixed in. blech!

Also speakers with ipod jack for your our personal vacation soundtrack. :)

How did I miss THAT!

I thought getting the cabana was the best $229 I've spent in a long time! I treated us - DH & DSis on our June 10th cruise. The cabanas had been sold out for some time, but I put my name on the waiting list and someone cancelled!

We were on the first tender, they drove us out to the cabana #13 (close to the bar, bathrooms and food). I had told them that we would be drinking water not the soda, and they gave us an extra one of the big water bottles.

Loved the floats, loved the shower, loved the shade and the fans (we didn't need the a/c) LOVED the big cushiony lounge chairs. Snacks were good. We got a bucket of beer and put the beers in the fridge.

We brought the food back from the BBQ - no wandering around trying to find a table. And we ate at the nice table in the cabana.

I didn't know they were giving us towels too - that's nice not to have to bring them with you.

I'd do it again in a heart beat. Next time I got to HMC - it will be the first thing I book after I book the cruise!

I know this is somewhat of an old thread, but my friend and I have a cabana at Half Moon Cay booked on our upcoming cruise in August. It was a bit pricey just for the two of us, but we aren't doing an excursion in Nassau, so that allowed us to spend the extra money on the cabana. I love the beach and the sun but I burn VERY easy, even with moderate amounts of sunscreen. The cabana will provide me with a way to get out of the sun to cool off, reapply sunscreen and be comfortable. This will be my first trip to Half Moon Cay and my first cabana, so I am super excited about it. All of the pictures and videos I've seen look wonderful, so I anticipate that the cabana will be well worth the money!

Hi there! I started this thread a while back to get info about them; I booked one and I've since been there and enjoyed it! Our cabana was wonderful and well worth the money, IMO. Have fun in yours!

I booked a cabana on our trip to HMC in May and it was the 1st thing I booked after booking our cruise in Jan 2014. What a relaxing way to spend the day. Felt like I was in a Mexican beer commercial. It was also worth the money just seeing my wife's face when she saw it as I hadn't told her before hand. She couldn't understand why I wasn't worried about getting towels when we got off the tender :cool:

Archived