Liberty, adult only pool?

borntoshop29

Note its only the pool .. not the area surrounding it which has soft serve and pizza and a grill or whatever food is back there on your ship. Liberty does have the 2.0.. so not sure what grill is back there now.

On the Liberty, by the "Adults Only" pool, there is a bar, the Pizzeria, a grille, and a soft-serve ice cream machine. Except for some teens occasionally getting some pizza, or a young couple with an infant, we rarely saw kids in the adult pool area. We like it because it's much quieter and far less crowded than the main pool area.

I was under the impression that if a ship was upgraded to having a serenity and previously had an adult's only pool.........the adult's pool was no longer adult only. The serenity took over for that and ..........lacks a pool.

Maybe I'm wrong.

While I can't speak for other ships that have had (or will have ) the 2.0 upgrades, the Liberty has both. The Serenity area is at the front of the Lido deck, and the Adult pool is at the rear of the Lido deck.

While I can't speak for other ships that have had (or will have ) the 2.0 upgrades, the Liberty has both. The Serenity area is at the front of the Lido deck, and the Adult pool is at the rear of the Lido deck.

Okay, well that's good news. I know the Dream class has those aft pools, but they are NOT considered adult's only. I thought JH had said after someone asked that once a serenity goes aboard the adult pool is then fair game. But you know, this board has about 100 answers for one question and they are normally different. Who knows what I read :o

On the Liberty, by the "Adults Only" pool, there is a bar, the Pizzeria, a grille, and a soft-serve ice cream machine. Except for some teens occasionally getting some pizza, or a young couple with an infant, we rarely saw kids in the adult pool area. We like it because it's much quieter and far less crowded than the main pool area.

And that's why you'll find me there!

two families who brought babies into the adult only pool on the 10/6 sailing were quickly told that the children were not allowed....and out they went.

even on the Serenity deck..kids were asked to leave even during times when there was no one up there...which made it nice for those of us who were!

• 5 months later...

I really wish there was an adult only pool in addition to Serenity on all of the ships. Sometimes it's just like the hot tub: kid soup....and I don't always want to get in with all of that craziness!

I'm confused...So there is an "Adult Only" and a "Serenity" area? Or there is only one? We are cruising on 4.20.13 and need a kid-free break!

The Adult Serenity area is at the front of the ship on the Sun and Sky decks. There is also an "Adults Only" pool at the rear of the lido deck.

Yes - that is how it was when we were on last April - after the 2.0 upgrades. We only ever went to the aft pool - lots of people don't know it's there. There is a small sign at the pool - adult pool only. No diapers or rowdy kids... in pool or hot tubs.... and no loud loud music! It's very lovely ... I never made it up to Serenity - which was hard to find lounges... but was quite content at the adult pool. ;)

I was on the Liberty last week and I LOVED the layout of this ship! The sign on the aft pool indicating that it's for adults only is very small, but it was apparently very effective. There were 1,200 passengers under the age of 21 on the ship (Easter break), yet I never saw a single kid in the aft pool. There might have been a few 16-20 year olds taking a quick dip while sunbathing with parents, but no loud, rowdy kids at all. I think it also helped that this ship has a toddler pool, so I never saw any diapered kids in the main pool areas.

The retractable roof made it a great place to get sun, even when there was rain outside.

Despite having pizza and ice cream in the same area, I rarely saw kids hanging out anywhere near this pool.

The lounge chairs tended to fill up in this area, but there are also oceanview/poolview Lido tables in the far-aft section and seating was always available in that area.

The aft pool area plays primarily pop songs from the late-1970s to early-1990s. I liked that about this area. :)

Serenity is a huge area, spanning two decks. There were ALWAYS lounge chairs available and frequently the hammocks and double loungers were available as well. I actually liked the Serenity decks on this ship better than the Dream, and I thought the Dream's Serenity area was pretty darn nice!

Archived