Parking near Port of Miami

CruisinJenny79

Hi!

Any feedback on places to park near the Port of Miami? We are sailing on the Glory in November and am trying to avoid paying the $20/night if I can find a cheaper alternative that is just as safe, secure and reliable. Any information you can provide will be great!

Thanks!

One option is a Stay and Cruise package offered by some hotels. Hampton Inn/Suites Blue Lagoon at MIA airport oferrs a package for guests booking a room or suite for one night; includes: free parking up to 14 nights, free transfers to POM for 2 (additional PAX $10/PP), and free airport shuttles. Don't know where you're driving in from or if you plan on getting a hotel the night before your cruise but, this is a heck of a deal. Hotel is highly rated on TripAdvisor, free breakfast and close to dining/Publix.

We used Premier in September and plan on using them again. It was around $34 total, easy to get to, and a very short drive to the port. When we parked, there was a driver waiting for us, absolutely no hassle and no waiting, he took us straight to the port and did not wait for others. Coming back was just as easy, the driver gives you bright yelloe stickers to hang on to so they know you are with them. I think we waited all of 10 minutes at the port on the return trip, no big deal.

20.00 per day may be good insurance to protect your 20-30k vehicle. I told my SIL to park at the pier, she found a cheaper lot. She is now missing a window and a laptop pc. Just saying.

A Laptop is a mighty big inducement to break a window... I think common sense dictates that you don't leave anything of value in the vehicle no matter where it's parked.

A Laptop is a mighty big inducement to break a window... I think common sense dictates that you don't leave anything of value in the vehicle no matter where it's parked.

You should never leave anything in plain sight, but vandals here know which cars are parked for long periods of time and will smash the glass to look for hidden ipods, sunglasses, loose change, you name it. They'll also pop the trunk to make sure nothing was stashed in it.

PC was in a mini van in a compartment out of sight. Just a random target.

I don't want to get into this whole thing again. Its no secret I live/work in downtown Miami. I know where all these lots are, and my job requires me to work different hours, so I have the insight of knowing what goes on near these places in the wee hours of the morning.

If you must park you car in a lot outside of the port to save money, just do so with the understanding that they are not in safe places of town and they have questionable security practices.

Whatever you choose, I do wish you luck, and a very relaxing trip.

Archived