Will 10 and 14 year old boys need jackets for formal night?

ntengwall

I read a review recently that said if the men weren't wearing a sports coat on formal night, they weren't let in the dining room.

I'd rather not have to buy 2 sports coats for my young boys and would rather put them in a dress shirts and slacks.

Thanks for any help!

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and my husband hadn't worn a jacket, just a shirt and tie. We were a bit nervous also but due to the fact that he had lost so luch weight his suit didnt fit. We tried to get it altered but it was decided it would be just best to buy a new suit and we ran out of time before we had to leave for the cruise. Long winded answer but no, they wont need a jacket.

I read a review recently that said if the men weren't wearing a sports coat on formal night, they weren't let in the dining room.

I'd rather not have to buy 2 sports coats for my young boys and would rather put them in a dress shirts and slacks.

Thanks for any help!

While not encouraged a few men will be in the MDR on formal nights without a sport coat, just a shirt and tie. They will not be turned away.

Your young boys will not require a jacket, just long pants, and a nice collared dress or sport shirt. A tie would be nice, but you can get away without it.

Archived