Gigi Scheper

NorbertsNiece

• 6 months later...
gigischeper@hotmail.com is what I have too. We toured with her in December and her tour was the highlight of our cruise!!!

We spent a lovely afternoon with Gigi Scheper on a private Jewish heritage tour in Curacao earlier this month. She was a great guide - we saw both synagogues, the liqueur factory, and the Jewish cemetery. She was very flexible in terms of our schedule, was prompt, and very knowledgeable about the Curacao Jewish community. I would definitely recommend her tour.

We spent a lovely afternoon with Gigi Scheper on a private Jewish heritage tour in Curacao earlier this month. She was a great guide - we saw both synagogues, the liqueur factory, and the Jewish cemetery. She was very flexible in terms of our schedule, was prompt, and very knowledgeable about the Curacao Jewish community. I would definitely recommend her tour.
I have meant to do a review -- Gigi was fabulous and everyone in our group enjoyed her tour -- it was the highlight of our cruise. She covered the same areas you did and as you posted, knew so much about the Curacao Jewish Community.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to point out that this thread started in 2012 and the circumstances may have changed over the years. I did a search on Trip Advisor to see if I could get any info and came up with nothing. Perhaps they are out of business or under a different name?

Just wanted to point out that this thread started in 2012 and the circumstances may have changed over the years. I did a search on Trip Advisor to see if I could get any info and came up with nothing. Perhaps they are out of business or under a different name?

Thank you for your post. I sent an email to the museum email (listed on their website) and received the following response:

"Thank you for your interest in our community.

The synagogue offers self guided tour. It is self paced, it can take from 30 minutes to 1 hour and a half.

You can just walk in and buy a ticket. No need to book a tour.

Opening hours Snoa and Museum

From Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 16:30 hours.

Entrance tickets can be purchased at the synagogue for US$ 10 per person.

If you would like a more elaborate private Jewish Heritage Tour of the island (where more sights of Jewish interest are visited), we recommend you contact Mrs. Gigi Scheper at the following e-mail address:
. This will be a private tour and you will have to direct your questions and wishes to Mrs. Scheper and she will make the necessary arrangements."

So, it appears that Gigi is still providing tours. She has a new email address:
which explains why she has not been responding to inquiries directed to the hotmail email address. I will reach out to her and post here if she does respond. This thread seems to be the only one that has been used when folks are interested in a Jewish Heritage Tour in Curacao. Might as well keep the information in one place.

Thank you for your post. I sent an email to the museum email (listed on their website) and received the following response:

"Thank you for your interest in our community.

The synagogue offers self guided tour. It is self paced' date=' it can take from 30 minutes to 1 hour and a half.

You can just walk in and buy a ticket. No need to book a tour.

Opening hours Snoa and Museum

From Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 16:30 hours.

Entrance tickets can be purchased at the synagogue for US$ 10 per person.

If you would like a more elaborate private Jewish Heritage Tour of the island (where more sights of Jewish interest are visited), we recommend you contact Mrs. Gigi Scheper at the following e-mail address:
. This will be a private tour and you will have to direct your questions and wishes to Mrs. Scheper and she will make the necessary arrangements."

So, it appears that Gigi is still providing tours. She has a new email address:
which explains why she has not been responding to inquiries directed to the hotmail email address. I will reach out to her and post here if she does respond. This thread seems to be the only one that has been used when folks are interested in a Jewish Heritage Tour in Curacao. Might as well keep the information in one place.

Glad you got another email from the Curacao synagogue for Gigi. Her Jewish Heritage Tour was fabulous and the highlight of our cruise in 2014!!

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to some of the comments regarding a delayed response to emails, Gigi responded quickly to mine. Her current email address is: gs170158 at gmail dot com.

This is the response I received from her:

"Here is my tour description :

Beth Haim Cemetery , oldest in walled Jewish Cemetery of the Western Hemisphere dating back to 1659.

Mongui Maduro Museum / Library .

Biggest private library and archives of the island .

Museum situated in an old Landhuis ,plantation house .

There were used in olden times as vacation retreats by the Jews living in town in the hot summer months .

Drive through the old Jewish Neighborhood of Schaarloo 1850 to 1970.

Mikvè Israel Emanuel and Jewish Cultural Historical Museum.

Transportation and all fees , including the fees that the Curaçao Ports Authority will charge for my transportation to get on to the docking sites and their passenger fees ,included $80 per person .

If I can form a group of 10 to 12 people I can spread the fee for the transportation charged by the Curaçao Ports Authority over the group and lower the fee to $75."

She can accommodate up to 20 on the tour bus. And if requested, a stop at the Blue Curacao factory can be included in the tour.

I booked a tour with her and filled it with folks from our roll call in a week. Am excited to be able to add this tour to our next cruise experience.

Contrary to some of the comments regarding a delayed response to emails' date=' Gigi responded quickly to mine. Her current email address is: gs170158 at gmail dot com.

This is the response I received from her:

"Here is my tour description :

Beth Haim Cemetery , oldest in walled Jewish Cemetery of the Western Hemisphere dating back to 1659.

Mongui Maduro Museum / Library .

Biggest private library and archives of the island .

Museum situated in an old Landhuis ,plantation house .

There were used in olden times as vacation retreats by the Jews living in town in the hot summer months .

Drive through the old Jewish Neighborhood of Schaarloo 1850 to 1970.

Mikvè Israel Emanuel and Jewish Cultural Historical Museum.

Transportation and all fees , including the fees that the Curaçao Ports Authority will charge for my transportation to get on to the docking sites and their passenger fees ,included $80 per person .

If I can form a group of 10 to 12 people I can spread the fee for the transportation charged by the Curaçao Ports Authority over the group and lower the fee to $75."

She can accommodate up to 20 on the tour bus. And if requested, a stop at the Blue Curacao factory can be included in the tour.

I booked a tour with her and filled it with folks from our roll call in a week. Am excited to be able to add this tour to our next cruise experience.

I posted our tour with Gigi a couple of times on the roll call and also started emailing with one or two of the people who signed up. they recruited others and people also recruited folks at Friday Night Services.

• 1 month later...

We have an excursion planned with Gigi Scheper when we are in Curaçao next year. Filled the group with other folks from our roll call.

I recently received an email from Gigi in which she provided a brand new email address. I am sharing it here so that anyone trying to reach her can do so easily. She has changed her email address to: gianna3@gmail.com.

• Like 1