Why can't I prepay service charges

JillK

Hi sdmike.

Thanks for the link. I had seen a thread here previously a few weeks back but couldn't locate it when I searched this morning.... I seem to recall from that thread a few folks saying that they were having the same issue I was whereas others who had booked through a TA were able to pay it online. I'll have to suck it up and call.

And re: your question as to why people prepay in the thread to linked me to... for us it's simple: I have a certain credit card product that is offering a ton of points if I spend a certain amount in Oct and Nov. Prepaying this charge will help me get to that amount, which I won't be able to otherwise.

I generally still prefer to do things the old fashioned way (yes, cash!) but this time out will make an exception.

Thanks again - very much appreciated!

Actually the answer of why you cannot pre pay your Service Charge is most likely that your reservation with you TA is in a Group. You are probably receive Ship Board Credit and probably had a nice discounted price. But if you are in Groups it does not allow you to pay your Service Charge and you must call your TA to have them call that into the NCL Group Department to charge and apply this.

Archived