Island Princess in Alaska

shofer

We were on the Coral to the Panama Canal in '07 and I am hazy about the layout of the ship mixing it up in my mind with the Grand.

Does the Island/Coral have that "indoor" pool also? I was looking at the deck plan and I only saw the Lotus pool and the Lido pool. Just wondering as I am sure it will be too cool in Alaska in May to be using an outdoor pool and a heated indoor one would be just the ticket.

We did Alaska the last time with Celebrity in '03 and they did have a small heated pool to use. I honestly don't remember if I even used it at that time.

Will not bring a bathing suit at all if the answer is in the negative.

Sue

Yes, there's a covered pool but since the buffet is in the front of the ship, the covered pool is not outside the buffet but towards the aft. It's the Lotus pool. It's pretty quiet. There were few people there on my recent Island Princess cruise.

We were on the Coral to the Panama Canal in '07 and I am hazy about the layout of the ship mixing it up in my mind with the Grand.

Does the Island/Coral have that "indoor" pool also? I was looking at the deck plan and I only saw the Lotus pool and the Lido pool. Just wondering as I am sure it will be too cool in Alaska in May to be using an outdoor pool and a heated indoor one would be just the ticket.

We did Alaska the last time with Celebrity in '03 and they did have a small heated pool to use. I honestly don't remember if I even used it at that time.

Will not bring a bathing suit at all if the answer is in the negative.

Sue

You may be surprised about the weather - we were in Alaska in August and it was much warmer than usual. We swam & then sat in the hot tubs outside watching our exit from Glacier Bay!

Lotus pool was lovely on the Coarl (identical to the Island).

You may be surprised about the weather - we were in Alaska in August and it was much warmer than usual. We swam & then sat in the hot tubs outside watching our exit from Glacier Bay!

Lotus pool was lovely on the Coarl (identical to the Island).

We are getting on the ship on May 20, after 4 days on land. Hoping the weather in Alaska will be more pleasant than this past summer.

We did the Alaska cruise also in May in 2003 and the weather was sunny, but cool. I would be happy to repeat that experience.

Sue

Archived