Regalia Jewelry on Oasis

This is an addendum to our "Oasis Back-to-Back, been there, done that" review for September 2012.

I saved all year to buy DW a nice diamond ring for our 25th anniversary. We are throroughly dissapointed with the post-sale costumer service for this outfit, which I understand is a concessionaire on board.

The ring had a number of stones embedded, one of which fell off. When reviewing the website we were directed to for sizing and repairs is when we find out that not everything is as we were told by the associate at the store.

First, we were told that we could have the ring sized with any fine and qualified jeweler. Wrong. We are now told that if we had done that, the warranty would have been void. We're glad we waited.

Second, we were told that we could FedEx the ring for sizing at their facilities at no cost to us. Wrong. We are now told that we have to use FedEx overnight + insurance at our cost.

Third, the sizing and repair job will take 8 - 12 weeks, and they are not yet saying if they will replace the lost stone at no extra cost. That's two to three months! When I send my watches to Switzerland for service the turnaround is three weeks!

I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy your jewelry or watches on board, but be aware that you will be made to jump through hoops for any kind of post-sale customer service, which will add to the cost of your item.

If we had known we could just have bought the ring in Old San Juan or St. Thomas. It is not like we can just go back on board the Oasis to make a claim.

This is an addendum to our "Oasis Back-to-Back, been there, done that" review for September 2012.

I saved all year to buy DW a nice diamond ring for our 25th anniversary. We are throroughly dissapointed with the post-sale costumer service for this outfit, which I understand is a concessionaire on board.

The ring had a number of stones embedded, one of which fell off. When reviewing the website we were directed to for sizing and repairs is when we find out that not everything is as we were told by the associate at the store.

First, we were told that we could have the ring sized with any fine and qualified jeweler. Wrong. We are now told that if we had done that, the warranty would have been void. We're glad we waited.

Second, we were told that we could FedEx the ring for sizing at their facilities at no cost to us. Wrong. We are now told that we have to use FedEx overnight + insurance at our cost.

Third, the sizing and repair job will take 8 - 12 weeks, and they are not yet saying if they will replace the lost stone at no extra cost. That's two to three months! When I send my watches to Switzerland for service the turnaround is three weeks!

I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy your jewelry or watches on board, but be aware that you will be made to jump through hoops for any kind of post-sale customer service, which will add to the cost of your item.

If we had known we could just have bought the ring in Old San Juan or St. Thomas. It is not like we can just go back on board the Oasis to make a claim.

Sorry to hear that they've given you such a run around after you spent so much money there. I purchased one of their lower end watches and I've been extremely happy with it and the price they sold it at... but I thankfully never needed to interact with them once I left the ship.

Thanks for posting this warning.

Once of the sales girls got really annoyed because I asked for a jewelers loupe. I wasn't wowed by the quality of the stones. Not worth the money for my husband to spend on me, I'm rough with rings many stones popped out first time I wear it. They are all so pretty but Tanzanite is way out my price range.

Here's my Regalia story...I was given a gift of Chanel earrings by friend I met on board. First let me stipulate the friend never told me what the stones or metal were. However, being they were Chanel, they looked very much like diamonds and either white gold or platinum. I took them to Regalia and ask a man (a retail salesman) to please look at them with a loop and tell me the composition of the earrings. He told me they were diamonds and either 14Kt. white gold or platinum. I thought, WOW, what a lovely gift. So when I got home I took them to a very reputable jeweler and this is what he said: they are crystals, which are glued in and a base metal with a rodium plating. So what does this tell me -- the people who work in the jewelry store, on board, have NO clue as to what they're looking at unless there is a tag on the item which specifies the stone, the size, the clarity, the metal, etc. And, to top it off, he told me they were worth approximately $5,000-$6,000. Yes, thousands. How in the $%^# can you trust anything these people say.

Don't get me wrong, I am very, very happy with the earrings because they are authentic Chanel, but this guy doesn't know squat about jewelry. Beware is all I can say.

Here's my Regalia story...I was given a gift of Chanel earrings by friend I met on board. First let me stipulate the friend never told me what the stones or metal were. However, being they were Chanel, they looked very much like diamonds and either white gold or platinum. I took them to Regalia and ask a man (a retail salesman) to please look at them with a loop and tell me the composition of the earrings. He told me they were diamonds and either 14Kt. white gold or platinum. I thought, WOW, what a lovely gift. So when I got home I took them to a very reputable jeweler and this is what he said: they are crystals, which are glued in and a base metal with a rodium plating. So what does this tell me -- the people who work in the jewelry store, on board, have NO clue as to what they're looking at unless there is a tag on the item which specifies the stone, the size, the clarity, the metal, etc. And, to top it off, he told me they were worth approximately $5,000-$6,000. Yes, thousands. How in the $%^# can you trust anything these people say.

Don't get me wrong, I am very, very happy with the earrings because they are authentic Chanel, but this guy doesn't know squat about jewelry. Beware is all I can say.

I'm just curious...

So...someone you just met on board a ship gave you a pair of Chanel earrings?

And during that time you took the time to try and have them appraised?

You are happy because they are authentic Chanel.

Did you ever see this person aagain after the cruise?

Just curious....:rolleyes:

On your next cruise, bring them back to Regalia and have them give you another over value estimate of $5-6g then "trade down" for a $3g Omega watch :D

Bought my wife a lovely blue and white diamond ring there. It was a size too small. They couldn't resize it for her as it was drawing close to the end of the cruise and they usually send it out in St. Maarten to their jeweller for adjustments. He credited $75 for us to have it done by our own jeweller back home. No mention about voiding the warranty. I read over the warranty in the paperwork and you're right, any alterations will void the warranty. Buggers!:mad:

I'm just curious...

So...someone you just met on board a ship gave you a pair of Chanel earrings?

And during that time you took the time to try and have them appraised?

You are happy because they are authentic Chanel.

Did you ever see this person aagain after the cruise?

Just curious....:rolleyes:

Yes, someone I met on board DID give me a pair of Chanel earrings. No, I didn't try to have them appraised. All I wanted to know was a) are these diamonds and b) what is the metal. Yes, I am happy that they are authentic Chanel. Yes, not only dd I see this person everyday, we spent a good bit of time together each and every day.

I hope my answers satisfy your curiosity.

:)

On your next cruise, bring them back to Regalia and have them give you another over value estimate of $5-6g then "trade down" for a $3g Omega watch :D

Bought my wife a lovely blue and white diamond ring there. It was a size too small. They couldn't resize it for her as it was drawing close to the end of the cruise and they usually send it out in St. Maarten to their jeweller for adjustments. He credited $75 for us to have it done by our own jeweller back home. No mention about voiding the warranty. I read over the warranty in the paperwork and you're right, any alterations will void the warranty. Buggers!:mad:

:p, yea right!

I'm not the least bit surprised by what you were told. Like I said before, if the carat weight, clarity, gold stamp, etc. isn't printed on a label they have no earthly idea what they're talking about. They're just sales people with precious little to no knowledge about what they're selling.

I am a watch nut and while onboard I decided to go to the watch seminar given by their so called watch expert.

He showed a regular watch with a date complication and told everybody it had the famous Valjoux 7750 movement in it. Anybody that knows the slightest bit about watches knows a Valjoux 7750 is a chronograph movement, so much for his "expertise"

Yes, someone I met on board DID give me a pair of Chanel earrings. No, I didn't try to have them appraised. All I wanted to know was a) are these diamonds and b) what is the metal. Yes, I am happy that they are authentic Chanel. Yes, not only dd I see this person everyday, we spent a good bit of time together each and every day.

I hope my answers satisfy your curiosity.

:)

Lol...they did;)

Should I start getting my rum purchased onboard appraised?? :eek:

Oh no, and also my food, is it real??? :eek:

Sorry to hear about your plight but I think the lesson here is don't buy precious metals/stones from a company that specializes in a vacation experience.

The idea to purchase on land at a jewelry store even overseas makes much more sense. I purchased my wife an upgraded wedding ring in St. Maarten and she has had no problems with it and service has been stellar as promised.

We were on the Allure for the October 21st sailing. My nephew had intended to purchase a nice watch in Regalia. They were so rude to him that he reported it to the cruise director. He also had the name of the person who was rude and noted it on the questioneer they leave in the room. He purchased his watch in Cozumel. They lost a nice sale.

Some interesting posts! I cant help but scratch my head and wonder where those Chanel earrings came from!? :eek: They sure don't sell Chanel on board any RC ship I have been on, definitely not in Regalia.
If you would thoroughly read the post you would know that I did not state they were purchased in Regalia.

Should I start getting my rum purchased on board appraised?? :eek:

Oh no, and also my food, is it real??? :eek:

I just found it amusing that some one would buy someone earrings that they just met and the recipient would immediately run to the jewelery store to find out their value and authenticity. If you really like the person who cares if it's a Bijoux -Turner....and if you don't... why would you accept any gift?

I mean I'm not saying gold digger or anything...:rolleyes: it just seemed odd....

I'm sorry, it sounds like they came from Regalia. :confused:

Archived