Radiance trip report plus pics

Bekkiz

Bekkiz.

Great pictures. I hope to read the journal when I return as my wife and I set sail Sunday on the Serenade. A few questions:

Looks like weather was nice?

What camera did you use and was it Auto settings or Manual?

Thanks.

TA

This is what my husband emailed me about the camera (that's his thing!)

"I have a Canon G3, 4 megapixels.

I primarily use it in Program mode which auto selects the aperture and shutter speed but everything else is tweakable.

I tend to use the manual modes only in specific situations (night shooting, long exposures, no-flash, etc) "

In terms of schedule:

Formal Nights were Sunday and Wednesday

Either Monday or Tuesday were Country Western Night (almost no one was dressed for this--I took it as an invitation to wear jeans to dinner:) However, they are of the expensive ilk, so I thought it was ok)

Thursday was 50/60's night, and that was the night of the Quest. That was also the night of the Midnight Gala Buffet

We were at dinner until 10:30 or 10:45 each night, so I was usually to tired to watch any shows or do anything other than what I listed above.

Enjoyed your review! Thanks for all the details. We are sailing on June 25th and looking forward to it. If anyone else is sailing on the 25th....come on over to our Roll Call and chat. We need more cruisers to meet our Meet and Mingle quota! Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=118431&highlight=Radiance

Thanks again for the great review. Hope to see more reviews from Radiance cruisers soon.

The ship kept the same time as the ports. The ship's time changed (back one hour) the morning (2am) we were arriving in Juneau, and returned to Vancouver time on our last sea day. The clock in the room (on the phone) changed automatically, although some of the analog clocks around the ship were never right.

WE ARE GOING ON THE ALASKA INLET PASSAGE WITH HOLAND ON THE 6-25-05 SAILING. tHERE WILL BE 11 OF US.

Enjoyed your review! Thanks for all the details. We are sailing on June 25th and looking forward to it. If anyone else is sailing on the 25th....come on over to our Roll Call and chat. We need more cruisers to meet our Meet and Mingle quota! Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=118431&highlight=Radiance

Thanks again for the great review. Hope to see more reviews from Radiance cruisers soon.

we are sailing on the Radiance 7-02-05 and was wondering ........are their any other ships docked at Ballantyne that day? How was your embarkation, I keep reading horror stories about the situation over at Canada Place. Hoping that its not the same with the Radiance. What time did you get on board? We have 2 precruise days in Vancouver so we can get there early if we need to. Any info would be appreciated.

We got to the port around 12:15 or so, and got to our room by 1:00 (I think.) We were the only ship there, and none of the lines seemed too long. I asked the people who work there, and they said the lines were the longest right as they opened, but we had missed the big rush.

Did you book your kayak trip independently? Did you enjoy the kayaking? i am debating about kayaking in town or Orca's Cove. IF we do the latter there won't be any time for walking around the town.

Very nice pictures!

Archived