Fort Lauderdale Hotels

ticktoneer

I was wondering this myself. So you can get a little exercise before hopping on the taxi :cool:

Do you have a recommendation on where to go, other than the beach? I definitely want to check out the beach but would like other suggestions. We will have a full day prior to boarding.

Thanks, Sue

Las Olas downtown is a great water taxi stop. The stop is called Shops of Las Olas. This is where the best concentration of choices of restaurants is to be found.

It's on 17th Street, and I think the only one that Valuetrips gives the discount for. I also read there are restaurants and a Publix for amenities within walking distance. You can see the port from the hotel. Let us know what you decide :)

Sue

We Sues must think alike! Thank you so much for suggesting valuetrips.com. I made reservations for April 11, 2013, at Hyatt Place on 17th and received a confirmation for the rate of $99. I have never used that site before, so I was pleased to find out about it. I can hardly to go!

I requested 2 separate nights through Value Trips form the end of March. I just sent in the request on Saturday. Will I get an email stating a confirmation or denial or only a confirmation? Just trying to decide how long to wait before I try booking something else.

I think it was a Thursday or Friday when I booked and I heard by Tuesday for valuetrips but it was around the holidays. Not sure if you get a denial. They knew I was already booked full rate at the hotel and noted in the email to cancel it if I didn't want so I wouldn't be charged. And their rate appeared to be cancellable too before the 24 hour mark. Quite amazing. You can still look for something else in the meantime and I'd book a room I could cancel somewhere else just as insurance if your week is predictably a busy one.

We Sues must think alike! Thank you so much for suggesting valuetrips.com. I made reservations for April 11, 2013, at Hyatt Place on 17th and received a confirmation for the rate of $99. I have never used that site before, so I was pleased to find out about it. I can hardly to go!

Glad to help Iowa Sue! That's why I love this board, so much helpful information. Enjoy your cruise!

Sue

I requested 2 separate nights through Value Trips form the end of March. I just sent in the request on Saturday. Will I get an email stating a confirmation or denial or only a confirmation? Just trying to decide how long to wait before I try booking something else.

I got my e-mail confirmation the following day but they say within 2 days you should get an email. Did you get it yet?

Do they have a luggage holed area, we get into FLL at 9:30, noticed check in is not until 3 pm

Would not mined drop case off and go site seeing

Is there a shuttle to the port ? Or how much would a cab cost ?

;) I placed my reservation with valuetrips on Sunday and received my email confirmation this morning!! Thanks Sue I never heard of the website before.

Walters - Glad you got your confirmation. They say you need to wait 2 business days. I sent my reservation in on Friday and got a response on Sunday.

;) I placed my reservation with valuetrips on Sunday and received my email confirmation this morning!! Thanks Sue I never heard of the website before.

You are welcome! It was my first time using it as well :)

Do they have a luggage holed area, we get into FLL at 9:30, noticed check in is not until 3 pm

Would not mined drop case off and go site seeing

Is there a shuttle to the port ? Or how much would a cab cost ?

I am sure they do, they cater to the cruisers but you may want to confirm with the hotel. Yes, there is a shuttle to the port. When I called, they had just booked with a new shuttle company due to complaints of long waits with the previous company. The guy I talked to on the phone said they would give me a "courtesy" ticket for the shuttle and you sign up for a time, earliest departure being 10:00 a.m. A taxi should not be more than around $10.00 since it's so close. We may taxi to get there a little earlier to get there before the crowds.

I am sure they do, they cater to the cruisers but you may want to confirm with the hotel. Yes, there is a shuttle to the port. When I called, they had just booked with a new shuttle company due to complaints of long waits with the previous company. The guy I talked to on the phone said they would give me a "courtesy" ticket for the shuttle and you sign up for a time, earliest departure being 10:00 a.m. A taxi should not be more than around $10.00 since it's so close. We may taxi to get there a little earlier to get there before the crowds.

I book yesterday, still waiting for the email back

the sun tolley is just down the street

lasolas.png

We have to fly into Fort Lauderdale and taking a cruise out of Miami in March. We are looking to get a hotel the night before our trip. The plan is to fly in, get a hotel that has a shuttle to hotel and back to Airport in the morning.

SAS transportation was recommended to take us from FLL to the Miami Cruiseport.

Now looking for just a basic, clean (not $275 a night) place that has a shuttle to/from FLL and a breakfast would be a plus.

Any recomendations????

Thanks in advance!

Joe

I am flying in to Palm Beach in march - going on a cruise, we have a party of 5, 3 women, 2 kids, and most hotels are making it that we have to book 2 rooms, that becomes over $400 with tax etc

anyone had a room for 5? what hotel.

We would love to have beach access for the kids - not worried about transfers, plan to book a taxi in advance (again for 5, they will not guarantee a taxi unless prebook a van)

Joe - last night I booked the Westin Diplomat (4*)which is a wonderful resort. I booked through Hotwire and paid $127./night for Jan.24-26th. You will know that it is the Diplomat because it is described as 95% customer satisfaction in the Hotwire descriptions. You can take a shuttle from the Lauderdale airport - the hotel doesn't have a shuttle service, but there are plenty of shuttles or taxi's to get you there - it's about 8 miles from the airport. And there are always plenty of shuttles waiting at the major hotels on cruise departure days.

Good luck.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

Thanks,

email confirmation was in the in box this morning :D

We're trying to decide between two hotels for a one night pre cruise stay. They are close enough in price that it's not a determining factor. So can anyone help me with the answers to these questions about the Marriott Courtyard, Fort Lauderdale, Plantation on 6th Street and the Hilton Garden Inn, Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port on 18th Avenue in Dania?

Which is closer to Port Everglades and the cruise terminals?

Are there any restaurants near either of them?

What about shopping or a place to buy wine?

Thanks for any answers anyone can give me.

Archived