Fort Lauderdale Hotels

ticktoneer

Which Westin?

One is about 12 miles north of port in the middle of no where (so to speak) and you would definitely need a rental car. The problem with that, though, is they charge for parking which negates any savings of dollars or points.

If you're asking about the Westin Ft Lauderdale Beach at 321 Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd that is a much, much better location and you won't need a car. Besides, if you stay there a taxi from and to the port is less expensive than parking.

Thanks for the info

• 1 month later...

Finding alot of hotels very expensive, but I guess that is what happens when you book a cruise last minute, and you need the overnight on the Sat.

Just booked Sleep Inn Dania (free shuttle airport and pier, breakfast) for $144.00 More than I wanted to pay but parents stayed here and it is clean and nice. Right now $90 will only get you a 2 star and lower hotel & alot of questionable reviews on these hotels. Got scared as didn't want to wait too much longer as alot of prices are close to $200.

Finding alot of hotels very expensive, but I guess that is what happens when you book a cruise last minute, and you need the overnight on the Sat.

Just booked Sleep Inn Dania (free shuttle airport and pier, breakfast) for $144.00 More than I wanted to pay but parents stayed here and it is clean and nice. Right now $90 will only get you a 2 star and lower hotel & alot of questionable reviews on these hotels. Got scared as didn't want to wait too much longer as alot of prices are close to $200.

We also booked a few rooms at the Sleep Inn & Suites Dania but did it months in advance and got it for $89 with our AAA discount. The regular rate was only $99 back then. Booking now, the rates are up in the $150 range for the same night.

Im not sure that booking any earlier would have helped. We leave Jan 5th on Liberty and have been trying for at least 5 months to get a reasonable priced room for one night pre-cruise. We have been very shocked at the prices even for "standard" hotels. Everything seems to be in the $150+ range. Even our Priceline bids have been rejected. I did a Google search to see if there was a convention or concert or something going on that weekend and have not really found a logical explaination for the high prices. We finally won a bid for $110 and got the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale which looks nice but is still way more than we wanted to pay for one night, especially when we wont check in until around 9pm.

These are the closest decent value-priced hotels to the port:

Holiday Inn Express Convention Center or Airport/Cruise (2 locations)

Hyatt Place 17th St./Convention Center (low prices on valuetrips.com)

Hampton Inn FLL North Cruise Port on SW 12th Ave

Best Western Plus on State Rd 84

Hi Sharon. Can you tell ue what the GALLERY ONE on East Boulervard fort Lauderdale. How close is it to the beach and the cruise ship. We are staying for 2 nights.

Any comments would be helpfull.

Are there shopping malls near the hotel.

Jackdec

I did a Google search to see if there was a convention or concert or something going on that weekend and have not really found a logical explaination for the high prices.

Easy explanation - it is South Florida in January :D and the weather is better there than many parts of the US. While lots of cruisers pass through (up to 7 or more ships a day on weekends), Fort Lauderdale appeals to 'non-cruising' tourists too. It is a simple case of supply and demand.

are these north of the port or north of Ft. L? i have not been able to find a hotel offering stay/park/cruise rates north of port for less than $350 for one night 3/8/13

Hi Sharon. Can you tell ue what the GALLERY ONE on East Boulervard fort Lauderdale. How close is it to the beach and the cruise ship. We are staying for 2 nights.

Any comments would be helpfull.

Are there shopping malls near the hotel.

Jackdec

Hi. :)

Gallery One is about 3 blocks from the beach and 3 miles from the port entrance. Galleria Mall is a half block away, as are lots of restaurants, grocery store, and CVS. It has a water taxi stop too. It's really the best off-beach chain hotel location. Use your Hilton member number on hiltonfamilymvp for good rates.

Originally Posted by royalcruz viewpost.gif

are these north of the port or north of Ft. L? i have not been able to find a hotel offering stay/park/cruise rates north of port for less than $350 for one night 3/8/13

These are west of and just north of the port IN Fort Lauderdale, good locations.

We also like the Hyatt Pier 66. We are going in January and got a rate of $99 a night- can't beat that!

What site did you get that rate from? We are cruising in April and I have researched this hotel and would love to stay there.

Thanks,

Sue

Looking for a room on March 2nd for 1 night before our Fort Lauderdale cruise. Finding the prices to be really high any suggestions????

On Valuetrips.com, I got a room for $99.00 a nite at the Hyatt Place, close to the airport and 1/2 mile from the Port. Price includes breakfast, free shuttle to and from airport and to the port. This is the first time I used this website, so I called the hotel directly to make sure the reservation was legit--it is :)

Sue

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport? I found a good rate on Hotwire. I called the hotel and they will shuttle you to Port Everglades for $9 per person. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

We were there last year, the hotel was really nice. The only down side is that it's in the suburb area with nothing much close by. For one night pre-curise stay it should be fine, just catch a taxi to town if you need to.

We did not take the shuttle to port, instead we asked the front desk to call a taxi for us; which is cheaper (4 of us pay $20-25).

Thanks Sue!! What Hyatt did you book at? Im seeing there are three in Fort Lauderdale....

It's on 17th Street, and I think the only one that Valuetrips gives the discount for. I also read there are restaurants and a Publix for amenities within walking distance. You can see the port from the hotel. Let us know what you decide :)

Sue

Anyone know of any nice hotels (relatively close to Port Everglades) that have balconies in the rooms? We are looking into the Embassy Suites, but would like some other options! Thanks in advance, we've never been to Fort Lauderdale before so it's a little intimidating!

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport? I found a good rate on Hotwire. I called the hotel and they will shuttle you to Port Everglades for $9 per person. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Hotel is slated for tear-down as it is at the end of the runway. Because of this only standard maintenance is being done.

We stayed one night in April with a flight that was arriving around midnight. Took the free shuttle over with the pilots and flight attendants from my Delta Flight. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was large clean and warm. I would certainly stay there again.

Only down side was free wireless in lobby kept cutting out and they were giving out one time access codes so when it stopped you had to stand in line at the reception to get a new code :rolleyes:. First time I've ever seen this.

Did the valuetrips.com for January for $169...much cheaper than the hotel's price. I've done the same thing a few years ago and no problems. I even got a confirmation from the hotel with valuetrips showing as the promo code. Stayed at Hyatt Place 17th a couple of times before and not luxurious but clean, well located for trolley to beach, wine stores and between airport and port, shuttles, internet and brekky, so happy to return!

The closest water taxi stop is at Hilton Marina, less than a mile from Hyatt Place.

I was wondering this myself. So you can get a little exercise before hopping on the taxi :cool:

Do you have a recommendation on where to go, other than the beach? I definitely want to check out the beach but would like other suggestions. We will have a full day prior to boarding.

Thanks, Sue

Archived