Dress in Steakhouse on the Magic?

alonzo14

Can you wear resort casual in the Steakhouse on Formal nights on the Magic? We were thinking of eating in the steakhouse on those nights and not dressing up formally to save on clothing we have to take.:)

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Recommend Sunday best. We enjoyed the steakhouse. Most were dressed nicely, not formal. The setting and service is very classy and nice. My husband wore nice slacks and and a very nice polo shirt. My son, a Guayabera type button shirt and black dockers. I wore a nice top with beading and black slacks.

Most others were dressed similarly.

Food was delicious. Service fantastic. A meal like that is a rare event for us. We loved every minute of it. Interestingly, the service staff was completely female. And very good at their jobs.

Oh and we went first night and enjoyed free bottle of Merlot.

Recommend Sunday best. We enjoyed the steakhouse. Most were dressed nicely, not formal. The setting and service is very classy and nice. My husband wore nice slacks and and a very nice polo shirt. My son, a Guayabera type button shirt and black dockers. I wore a nice top with beading and black slacks.

Most others were dressed similarly.

Food was delicious. Service fantastic. A meal like that is a rare event for us. We loved every minute of it. Interestingly, the service staff was completely female. And very good at their jobs.

Oh and we went first night and enjoyed free bottle of Merlot.

Slacks and a polo is your Sunday best?

Slacks and a polo is your Sunday best?

The church I go to jeans t-shirts are encouraged. They would rather have you there and comfortable.

For the steakhouse I would say anything above a t-shirt and shorts is fine. In the MDR, I am not so sure. They dance on the friggin tables, and I have to pack a suit? Hmmmm. Dark jeans and polo will be my choice for the week.

Can you wear resort casual in the Steakhouse on Formal nights on the Magic? We were thinking of eating in the steakhouse on those nights and not dressing up formally to save on clothing we have to take.:)

On Elegant nights dress in the Steakhouse and Cucina is the same as the MDR. So no resort casual is not allowed. But a nice dress or dress slacks/dressy top for ladies and Sports jacket with nice shirt and dress slacks for men would be ok. Nights that are not Elegant night resort casual is fine in both Steakhouse and Cucina.

I just wanted to mention that one person's definition of cruise casual and another's might be different. I do have to say that shorts are not allowed at all--doesn't matter if they are Tiger's brand, Tommy Hilfiger or whomever,.

On one of our cruises, our luggage hadn't arrived by 5PM and we had reservations the first night for 7PM. I called the SteakHouse and explained the problem and was told that they would be very happy to re-schedule us for another night. (DH had boarded with shorts) Fortunately, our luggage arrived about 15 minutes later, so it turned into a non-problem.

Most times that we have been to the SteakHouse, dress pants and a dress shirt, or even a golf shirt have been acceptable. I do have to say we haven't ever gone an a cruise elegant night. I would think though that dress pants, dress shoes (not sneakers) and a dress shirt for me would be fine. If that is acceptable in the MDR for elegant night, I would think the same would apply to the SteakHouse.

Enjoy your cruise and night at the SteakHouse. It is certainly worth the money.

On Elegant nights dress in the Steakhouse and Cucina is the same as the MDR. So no resort casual is not allowed. But a nice dress or dress slacks/dressy top for ladies and Sports jacket with nice shirt and dress slacks for men would be ok. Nights that are not Elegant night resort casual is fine in both Steakhouse and Cucina.

Thanks so much for your answer! Looks like you don't have far to drive... LOL. We don't really mind dressing up but thought my husband might be able to leave the suit at home if we ate there on the Formal nights.

Can you tell me which night they serve Lobster in the Dining Room?

This is our first time on Carnival. We are recently retired and are celebrating our 40th Anniversary!

Thanks to everyone for your reply's!!!

I wore a dress and my bf wore a shirt/tie and slacks. There were some formal wear and a few less formal. The less formal stood out.

My bf is a trucker so to get him in a shirt and tie is a feat of strength.

The experience was wonderful. The food was excellent and worth every single penny. We could not touch the quality of the food or service for that price in our city. I highly recommend.

Thanks so much for your answer! Looks like you don't have far to drive... LOL. We don't really mind dressing up but thought my husband might be able to leave the suit at home if we ate there on the Formal nights.

Can you tell me which night they serve Lobster in the Dining Room?

This is our first time on Carnival. We are recently retired and are celebrating our 40th Anniversary!

Thanks to everyone for your reply's!!!

Lobster and Prime Rib are served in the MDR on the 1st Elegant night which is the first Sea Day night (so on the Magic it's Monday night) Tell hubby he can leave the tie at home, my husband wears nice slacks, dress shirt and sports jacket. I wear a nice dress at times it's a cocktail dress but most of the time it's that little black dress all women have. Pair it will pearls and heels and it's perfect. Make sure you try Cucina not only for dinner but for lunch also food is wonderful. The Red Frog Pub also has great food at a small cost. (if I remember right it's $3.33 a serving)

And yes we have a quick ride to the terminal it's one of the reasons we moved here 2.5 years ago. ;) You should be able to do a search here on the boards and find the menus for all nights in the MDR the Steak House and Cucina. We've never had a problem finding something to eat in the MDR it's not the same as the higher priced lines but it's not McDonalds or Lubys either.

Lobster and Prime Rib are served in the MDR on the 1st Elegant night which is the first Sea Day night (so on the Magic it's Monday night) Tell hubby he can leave the tie at home, my husband wears nice slacks, dress shirt and sports jacket. I wear a nice dress at times it's a cocktail dress but most of the time it's that little black dress all women have. Pair it will pearls and heels and it's perfect. Make sure you try Cucina not only for dinner but for lunch also food is wonderful. The Red Frog Pub also has great food at a small cost. (if I remember right it's $3.33 a serving)

And yes we have a quick ride to the terminal it's one of the reasons we moved here 2.5 years ago. ;) You should be able to do a search here on the boards and find the menus for all nights in the MDR the Steak House and Cucina. We've never had a problem finding something to eat in the MDR it's not the same as the higher priced lines but it's not McDonalds or Lubys either.

can also leave the sports jacket home as well if he so chooses.:)

Bill

Archived