Booked victor bodden tour 8 days ago - still no driver given???

mermaidIamNOT

We received the price quote email 8 days ago sent it back with confirmation yes the price is fine and haven't heard back who the driver might be. Is it normal to wait awhile before knowing the name of the driver?

we don't sail for another 2months so we can wait awhile but from reading others posts it seems they found out the driver name soon after booking the tour.

We received the price quote email 8 days ago sent it back with confirmation yes the price is fine and haven't heard back who the driver might be. Is it normal to wait awhile before knowing the name of the driver?

we don't sail for another 2months so we can wait awhile but from reading others posts it seems they found out the driver name soon after booking the tour.

We have written directly to Victor to request guides in the past. I think if you review the previous posts, you will find that these people were pro-active and made the request, too. You may want to give that a try and report back!

I requested Tex when I booked and he was available but I booked 6 months before my cruise. If you don't request someone, I think that you get who's left at the time. Not that your going to get a bad guide, but with so many guides available, he probably wants to fill the requests first.

If you have someone in mind, I would email Victor back and make the requests. I don't think its bad service on his part. I think he probably thinks you don't care who you get since you didn't make a request for a particular guide.

Does not sound like very reliable service to me??

You may want to read over the hundreds of positive reviews on Trip Advisor, Cruise Critic, etc. before jumping to conclusions based on not knowing a guides name before you arrive.

But, hey, to each his own...

We have taken many many many private tours...... both in the Caribbean and in Europe/Africa.

Never have I gotten assigned a driver. I have also never gotten a bad one.

Now some would call that luck. I prefer to think (or know) it is because I have always researched the tour company, read reviews and chosen very carefully. If you go with a good tour company you are pretty much assured you will get a quality experience.

Victor provides just that. Chill out and relax.

Victor will not give you a name of a specific tour guide unless you request one specific guide. Otherwise, you will get one the day of your tour. His company is not unreliable as one of the posters stated. He has several tour guides and, I'm sure, he assigns them as supply and demand for each day become clear to him.

However, you can request a specific guide. We had Tex. Tex was amazing. He does tend to book up really fast. I have also heard that Ali and Lionel are good. You could also spend sometime reading through some other posts to see what tour guides are mentioned. You can then email Victor and request a specific guide. He will tell you if they are available or not.

I have read threads on Victor's tours for about 3 years. While there are a few negative posts, I would say 98% are positive. Most cruisers get a great experience. With any company, there will be some who are disappointed.

Does not sound like very reliable service to me??

HUH???? :rolleyes:

I have never been given the name of the driver for ANY private tour in ANY part of the world ahead of time. Why would they need to? You are booking the company, not a driver. If, as stated, you have a particular one you have heard of, then you can request him/her. But it is only a request and may not be who you see waiting for you. Some companies, depoending on where and how busy they are won't assign their drivers until a day or two in advance. Has nothing to do with being reliable or not.

Victor will not give you a name of a specific tour guide unless you request one specific guide. Otherwise, you will get one the day of your tour. His company is not unreliable as one of the posters stated. He has several tour guides and, I'm sure, he assigns them as supply and demand for each day become clear to him.

However, you can request a specific guide. We had Tex. Tex was amazing. He does tend to book up really fast. I have also heard that Ali and Lionel are good. You could also spend sometime reading through some other posts to see what tour guides are mentioned. You can then email Victor and request a specific guide. He will tell you if they are available or not.

We gave a request for Tex and all the drivers shown in the reviews on the VB website and still didn't get a name so I'm guessing they are all booked or not all working with the company anymore. Oh well we'll have fun anyway I'm sure.

Really dumb question - in the confirmation email it says to watch out for and not go with a fake victor bodden rep at mahogany bay the real people will be waiting over a hill behind a red roofed building wearing vb shirts.

Why don't the mahogany bay security people kick the fake guy out if its so well known he does this inside the gates when VB is well known to follow the rules and is outside the gate???

Why don't the mahogany bay security people kick the fake guy out if its so well known he does this inside the gates when VB is well known to follow the rules and is outside the gate???

We are talking about an island off the coast of a third world country..many things will not be the way you are accustom to. :)

Priorities.

That's why private tour companies give specific details to those that book ahead. There are always "poachers" looking for tourists trying to find a tour at the last minute. No matter where you port.

Archived