Best Calm water soft sand beach in St Thomas and St Martin

Luv1204

As there will be 6 ships in port when we visit, one being the Allure, we are thinking about trying Emerald beach to hopefully avoid some of the crowds. Can anyone please give me more information on services at the beach? ie. bars, restaurants, washrooms, sport equip rentals, jet skis, etc. I know there are two different hotels, do they both offer chair rental, access to bars, restaurants, or does only the Best Western? Thanks for any additional info you are able to provide.

As there will be 6 ships in port when we visit, one being the Allure, we are thinking about trying Emerald beach to hopefully avoid some of the crowds. Can anyone please give me more information on services at the beach? ie. bars, restaurants, washrooms, sport equip rentals, jet skis, etc. I know there are two different hotels, do they both offer chair rental, access to bars, restaurants, or does only the Best Western? Thanks for any additional info you are able to provide.

Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) is home to 3 hotels:

Best Western Carib Resort

Best Western Plus Emerald Beach Resort (where the incorrect "Emerald Beach" comes from)

And the Island Beachcomber in between

Most folks either rent the facilities or just use the free public beach at the BW Emerald property, but the water sports like fly boarding and stand-up paddle boarding can be found at the nearby Island Beachcomber - never saw jet skis there but there may be. Bolongo Bay is a good choice for jet skis.

You can see the BW Emerald Resort in the background in some of the fly boarding pics.

stthomasflyboarding dot com

Emerald is one of the busier beaches being so close to Crown.

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread ;), but have an additional question...I've always gone to Sapphire Beach (8 or 9 times), and want to switch it up in a few weeks while on the Gem.

So, coming from Havensight, if I want to go to Emerald Beach, I just find a taxi & ask him to take me to Emerald Beach? Or do I specify Best Western to the driver? Where does he drop you off? Will they come back & pick you up at the end of the day?

Many thanks. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hello! We'll be on Norwegian gem in March . how far is emerald beach from Havensight by taxi? We went once to Morning star beach and liked it . But I heara lot of good stuff about emerald beach:) thanks

Just a comment on calm beaches...it totally depends on the weather. With the prevailing winds, for example, Magens is typically a protected and calm bay. However, if there is a north swell, Magens can be rough...Coki is typically protected because of the cays which are just north of it.

I'd have to say Lindqvist on STT is by far the nicest beach on STT but won't yet have the amenities you require. On SXM we'd choose Friar's and Happy Bay.

Lindbergh Bay and the Best Western Emerald Resort is a nice enough beach that is generally calm and has the amenities you need. Note that the picture of the waterfall at the Best Western is at the pool which is reserved for guests. Coki is also generally calm with a busier vibe being a smaller beach.

Is it possible to walk from Charlotte Amalie pier to Emerald Beach?

Sure. From Havensight, it is about 5 miles, mostly flat.

Have to commend this answer. Every time I mention walking more than about 10 yards I get hammered that it's unthinkable. Glad to hear that there's one other person in the universe who feels legs were put there for a reason.

Have to commend this answer. Every time I mention walking more than about 10 yards I get hammered that it's unthinkable. Glad to hear that there's one other person in the universe who feels legs were put there for a reason.

LOL...

Why would someone choose to walk to Lindbergh Bay from Havensight? To save $5 each? On a typically hot day it would certainly be a sweaty experience! Not to mention the time involved. :rolleyes: I'd sooner walk other areas that are more enjoyable but that's just me ;)

LG: They get after me for suggesting the less-than-a-mile hike up Paradise Point. ;)

You just need to alert folks to the steepness and blind corners, omitting that little tidbit could be a problem to anyone other than active hikers...

blue: Some people like to get out and stretch their legs. I said it is 5 miles; I think that would deter many people. And if you stand at the bottom of tram and look up, you will see first hand that it is a very steep .85 mile. At least there isn't any snow! :D

No worries, I was just amused at LG's response (and also wondered why Havensight was understood to be the Charlotte Amalie pier in the first place but I do get confused easily here it seems :)

And I think a warning about the steepness to PP is noteworthy but again that's just me - a stickler for details :D

Can't wait to get out of this snow next week, been a very painful and cold winter...:(