Question for past Alaskan cruise guest

West Tx Desert Rat

http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

Email confirmation: Thank you for booking with Quick Coach Lines Ltd,

Your reservation number is ++++ and you will need this upon boarding. The driver will have your name on a manifest form of all pre-paid reservations.

Your reservation is for travel on July, 06/2009 at 9:20am from Canada Place Pier to Seattle downtown.

The pick up location at the Canada Place Pier is on cruise ship level in Bus Bays 1 & 2, please see our representative from Quick Shuttle when you get off the ship they will be located in Bays 1 & 2.

It was 3 years ago and I was going the other direction, but we didn't have any problems. Got us from point a to point b. I do remember having to get off the bus to go into the customs office at the border. We had to go through individually. It didn't take too long.

You can always the Amtrack or Greyhound.

Travelling from Seattle to Vancouver count on at least 5-6 hrs.

The Quickshuttle makes a number of stops between Seattle ans Vancouver.

There schedule says about 5 hrs between Seattle (6AM) and Vancouver.

That is SeaTac to Canada Place Cruise Port .Later shuttles take 6 hrs to do the run. If you take the shuttle I would stronly recommend coming in the day before.

if you look on Seattle trip advisor on top right is a link to info on how to get to Vancouver from Seattle. I can tell you that Quick shuttle meets the ship in Seattle and goes to the pier in Vanc and vice versa so logistically its easy but it does make a bunch of time.

Boltbus.com

amtrak.com

both are far nicer (the train especially) but for speed the Amtrak bus or Boltbus makes virtually no stops other than the border.

You have several options not the least of which is a ship's transfer. Others include Amtrak which operates two trains in either direction daily as well as a number of buses. Quick Coach is an excellent option which operates directly from Canada Place on most days during the cruise season. You may also care to look into the Bolt Bus which is Greyhounds new low cost service however their schedule currently is a bit intermittent.

Price your air ticket out both ways. Sometimes the difference in price is just not worth the hassle of taking a bus/train. Last time we did a northbound repo ending in Vancouver and the skytrain+airfare (YVR-LAX) was about the same price as cab+bus/train +airfare SEA-LAX.

I'm a big believer of knowing the options rather than assuming the options. Several times I've been surprised at how little the more expensive option truly is.

OP- Fares between the US and Canada are high due to taxes. You will probably find that a roundtrip to YVR is more expensive than an open jaw from home to YVR and then SEA to home. Many airlines now price tickets as the sum of two one-ways, so there's no inherent advantage to a pure RT ticket. Also the ground shuttle isn't cheap and consumes a lot of time.

Archived