To Dock or Not to Dock

Cate M.

I read somewhere that it is supposed to say on your cruise account whether or not if the ship is docking or tendering at ports. I can't find any indication of this on my upcoming Dawn cruise itinerary.

I am only on cruise 14 so maybe I am missing something, but I have never had it on my papers

I read somewhere that it is supposed to say on your cruise account whether or not if the ship is docking or tendering at ports. I can't find any indication of this on my upcoming Dawn cruise itinerary.

New to NCL, but I've definitely seen it on docs for RCCL (and possibly Carnival).

FWIW, the Ports Board would have been the best place to have your question answered. However, the information you are looking for is on your eDocs.

Yes, it is on the edocs and could change depending on what other ships are in port. In Jan. ours said tender in Cozumel but that only happens if 3 NCL ships are there at the same time I think.

That does not sound good for our( Dawn) cruise in Jan. the Star, Pearl and Dawn will be in Cozumel at the same time, but my docs. say the Dawn will dock.

I was on the Jewel in Nov 2009 and went to Roatan, Belize, & Costa Maya, all were docks, I can't speak about Cozumel.

The day you are in port 4 other ships there. I could not find info on it but, the port is big, Google Earth picture, I feel safe in saying you will be docked.

I was on the Jewel in Nov 2009 and went to Roatan, Belize, & Costa Maya, all were docks, I can't speak about Cozumel.

The day you are in port 4 other ships there. I could not find info on it but, the port is big, Google Earth picture, I feel safe in saying you will be docked.

Are you sure as I've never seen a larger ship dock in Belize due to the protection of the coral?

We've only tendered there (and a pretty long one at that).

Are you sure as I've never seen a larger ship dock in Belize due to the protection of the coral?

We've only tendered there (and a pretty long one at that).

We have been to Belize 3 times and never gone into town ( tender only) Hugh Parkeys dive connection has always picked us up from the ship.

A cruise ship with more than 150 passengers will never dock in Belize (and it may be smaller - can't remember). It's always a tender port, with a 10 minute tender ride.

Archived