Poesia Embark/Disembark

RD64

I am booked on the Poesia in March and just received my confirmation that check-in does not start until 4PM, and arrival back in Fort Lauderdale at 10 AM. This very late, especially the debarkation - for people that need to catch flights.

Does anyone have experience with this.

Please and thanks

I am booked on the Poesia in March and just received my confirmation that check-in does not start until 4PM, and arrival back in Fort Lauderdale at 10 AM. This very late, especially the debarkation - for people that need to catch flights.

Please and thanks

Yes, it's to suit flight times for people flying in from Europe. They usually leave early morning from Europe arriving mid afternoon and fly back in the evening.

You will be able to check in well before 4pm though. They always state the official check in time as 3 hours prior to sailing.

This is a European line that will have a lot of Europeans onboard.

Please and thanks

May I ask you where did you see these information on your paper? We are sailing the Poesia in 41 days and have not seen that at all on my papers!!!!:confused:

May I ask you where did you see these information on your paper? We are sailing the Poesia in 41 days and have not seen that at all on my papers!!!!:confused:

You'll also have an official check in time of 4pm as tour sail away time is listed as 19.00. However according to the websit, you dock at 7.00 on the final day.

Mind you all the March ones also say 7.00, but there are no cruises listed for 16 & 23 Mar, so perhaps these are charters arriving at a differentbtime.

Amo Mondo - I am Italian by background, and speak it fluently - i look forward to the European exposure. This past summer I was on a 12 day Nieuw Amsterdam cruise from Barcelona, and there were many Spaniards, Dutch, French, Belgians, Germans, Swedes, and surprisingly to me anyway, quite a few Russians on board in addition to the standard North Americans - however we were in the minority, and it was a refreshing change - very cosmopolitan.

Snow White - I booked my cruise directly with MSC - and the times that show up on the paperwork they sent me are embarkation at 4PM, and debarkation at 10 AM. Did you book with Transat or one of the other Canadian operators? I am trying to get some confirmation on the 10 AM debarkation, because if this is indeed correct, I will not be taking this cruise due to flight times.

Cheers

Amo Mondo - I am Italian by background, and speak it fluently - i look forward to the European exposure. This past summer I was on a 12 day Nieuw Amsterdam cruise from Barcelona, and there were many Spaniards, Dutch, French, Belgians, Germans, Swedes, and surprisingly to me anyway, quite a few Russians on board in addition to the standard North Americans - however we were in the minority, and it was a refreshing change - very cosmopolitan.

Snow White - I booked my cruise directly with MSC - and the times that show up on the paperwork they sent me are embarkation at 4PM, and debarkation at 10 AM. Did you book with Transat or one of the other Canadian operators? I am trying to get some confirmation on the 10 AM debarkation, because if this is indeed correct, I will not be taking this cruise due to flight times.

Cheers

Could be they're playing "safe" by telling you 10am. Really can't believe they'd take 3 hours after docking to get you off, especially with self disembark. Normally you're off within 60-90 minutes of docking.

No we booked with a popular online cruise agency!

I did saw the 4:00 pm onboard on my paper, but it says 7:00 am on the morning we come back!

we have sailed with the Poesia 3 times and have been off the ship by 7:30 with carrying off our own luggage.....

also have been on the ship much earlier than 4....

RD64 - They put 4 PM on the documents to eliminate congestion at the pier. You will be able to check-in between 11:30 AM and Noon depending on when the CBP clears the ship. I am taking a large group onboard Dec 1 and have them arriving at Noon (and their docs say 4 PM).

As for disembark, as BJCanady said, if you are using self-assist for your luggage, that time is scheduled typically at 7:30 AM unless this sailing is a charter.

Hope this helps.

Bret

Please and thanks

Dont worry.They will star chek in around 11 am and you will be off ship befor 10-10:30am.BUT!!!!!! Do not take chance with very early flight . some times US customs can take time .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived