Feeling like a bit of a traitor...

WendyG

:eek: :D From your "mouth" to the cruise gods ears....the Canal on the Oasis / Allure would be fabulous !
They'd be able to go through the Canal but I doubt it would be a "real" Panama Canal itinerary. These ships can't tender and the only port they'd possibly be able to dock at would be Colon. But they would be able to reposition.

We probably will never set foot on HAL ship again but we have rediscovered Celebrity which is very much to our liking and expect that we will be taking more cruises with them.

Our first ever cruise was to Alaska with Princess twenty years ago. Our second was a Caribbean cruise with RCL and we didn't cruise again for ten years - the party atmosphere put us off, although looking back this was probably because it was school holiday time. After retirement we became avid cruisers and after trying several different lines we settled on Celebrity as our favourite. In January we are returning to Princess for the first time when we join friends for a South America cruise. We will be interested to see how it compares.

Our first ever cruise was to Alaska with Princess twenty years ago. Our second was a Caribbean cruise with RCL and we didn't cruise again for ten years - the party atmosphere put us off, although looking back this was probably because it was school holiday time. After retirement we became avid cruisers and after trying several different lines we settled on Celebrity as our favourite. In January we are returning to Princess for the first time when we join friends for a South America cruise. We will be interested to see how it compares.

I'd be interested to hear what you think as I did one Celebrity cruise and didn't care for it but I hear rave reviews about their newer ships so I think I may want to try one. :)

I am an "independent" ....just like my politics! We have sailed 18 cruises which have included Princess, Celebrity, Carnival, RCL and NCL. We love to try new ships and cruise lines ...depending on itinerary. So, I think I can be pretty objective and unbiased....and again, it is based our personal cruising experience. Our preference is Celebrity; but, we are not opposed to all the other lines we have sailed. We decide on itinerary first, ships sailing and pricing. However, it would have to be something special to sail NCL again!

Thankfully, we have never had a bad cruise. Just some have been more service/passenger oriented than others. We will be sailing on Sapphire in Jan. (5th Princess cruise) and look forward to it.

I think you will love the offerings on Oasis and I hope to sail her or the Allure to just experience the uniqueness. Don't be uncomfortable sailing on other cruise lines...it is great to compare!

I'd be interested to hear what you think as I did one Celebrity cruise and didn't care for it but I hear rave reviews about their newer ships so I think I may want to try one. :)

Recent cruises have been on NCL (never again), Thomson (ditto) HAL (three times) and Celebrity (twelve times).

We love the Solstice class ships for their clean modern decor and find the activity level just right for us. The HAL cruises were chosen strictly for itinerary. We have only been on their older ships, so find them a little dark and claustrophobic. We do like the wrap around promenade decks, that is one thing S class is missing. I will report back after our Princess cruise. The friends we are travelling with are die hard Princess fans and won't consider any other line. I don't think I would ever feel like that, because I want to visit new places and will go with whichever line can take me there at a price I am prepared to pay. Of course when you have loyalty benefits from one line it does make the overall cost more favourable.

Archived