Stay by Airport or Pier in Barcelona?

MindyM

We get in to Barcelona 7:30 pm Sun and leave on the cruise 5 pm Monday. Are we better off staying by the airport or cruise port? Any hotel recommendations? Will we have any time to see Barcelona before we have to get to the cruise port?

Hi Mindy,

I have cruised out of Barcelona twice and stayed at the Arc la Rambla Hotel on Las Ramblas, the main tourist street of Barcelona. Take a two block walk to the Columbus Monument and catch the shuttle bus to the ship (I think it was 2 Euros). The hotel is tourist class, but clean. The second time we stayed there we booked the rate including breakfast and I thought it was pretty good. Location wise, its great. You're right on Las Ramblas with lots of restaurants and just a short stroll to the Gothic Quarter. The taxi from the airport to the hotel for two people was about 35 Euros with tip. The taxi from the ship to the airport is about the same. We were there in February of this year. As i said, we walked with our luggage to the Columbus monument for the shuttle bus to the ship and I'm 65 years old and did it with no problem!

Kathy

As others have said, you would be better staying in Barcelona than at the airport. There is no need to stay near the pier as no part of central Barcelona is that far from the port.

Have a look at my list of hotels

Barcelona Hotel List

It is an alphabetical list of hotels

Click on the hotel name to go to the hotel's website

The list shows

- star rating

- price level compared to average for that star rating (€ = very cheap to €€€€€ = very expensive)

- locality/where it is near

- Smoking information (as at August 2012) - subject to change - please check with hotel

...... 100% NS = Hotel 100% Non Smoking

...... Sm rooms = Smoking rooms available

...... blank = No information- hotels that have rooms for 3+ people and details of those rooms

- comments from people who have stayed at the hotels

Smoking information (as at August 2012) - subject to change - please check with hotel

100% NS = Hotel 100% Non Smoking

Sm rooms = Smoking rooms available

blank = No information

Good plan, but I'd probably go with a taxi as opposed to the shuttle if your ship is further down the port. Taxi for 2 of us from Las Ramblas further up to the ship was 10 euros plus tip and that's with a little traffic and door to door to ship. Easier with luggage.

Hi Mindy,

I have cruised out of Barcelona twice and stayed at the Arc la Rambla Hotel on Las Ramblas, the main tourist street of Barcelona. Take a two block walk to the Columbus Monument and catch the shuttle bus to the ship (I think it was 2 Euros). The hotel is tourist class, but clean. The second time we stayed there we booked the rate including breakfast and I thought it was pretty good. Location wise, its great. You're right on Las Ramblas with lots of restaurants and just a short stroll to the Gothic Quarter. The taxi from the airport to the hotel for two people was about 35 Euros with tip. The taxi from the ship to the airport is about the same. We were there in February of this year. As i said, we walked with our luggage to the Columbus monument for the shuttle bus to the ship and I'm 65 years old and did it with no problem!

Kathy

Holidau Inn Express Barcelona - City 22

We stayed there in 2008 and it's a short cab ride to the peir. Their rates are similar to any North American Holiday Inn and you can use/earn Priority Points.

It was a very modern/IKEA type hotel back then with a fantastic breakfast.

Archived