Dining on Voyager - Open/Main/Late? How does it work?

MalibuCA

I confess that it's been a few years since I cruised with Regent, and I cannot remember how dining works. I know that we need to make a specific timed reservation for the specialty restaurants, but how does it work for Compass Rose? Is it open seating - show up whenever we want? If yes, are we able to get a table for 2 if we choose, or will the Maitre d' place us wherever he has 2 seats at a larger table? Is there Main and Late seating options, where we have the same table each night at either the earlier or later seating? I can't find any indication on my Guest Statement/Confirmation, and I'm clicking in circles on the Regent website. I'm sure I'm just missing something. Nonetheless, would you please put me out of my misery and explain to me how the Compass Rose operates for seating and times at dinner?

Thank you so much!

Shelley

For compass rose, just turn up whenever you are ready to eat and ask for a table for two. There are no reserved dining times or tables. If you want to share a table, you can just tell them when you show up, but there are plenty of tables for two.

Thanks, RachelG. That's what I recalled, but I wasn't sure. I really appreciate your explanation. BTW, you helped me so much with planning Australia and New Zealand, and our trip is finally here . . .almost. Just a few more weeks. I can't believe how quickly the time flew by, but I'm now as ready as I will ever be . . . thanks greatly to your help.

Shelley

• 3 weeks later...
I confess that it's been a few years since I cruised with Regent, and I cannot remember how dining works. I know that we need to make a specific timed reservation for the specialty restaurants, but how does it work for Compass Rose? Is it open seating - show up whenever we want? If yes, are we able to get a table for 2 if we choose, or will the Maitre d' place us wherever he has 2 seats at a larger table? Is there Main and Late seating options, where we have the same table each night at either the earlier or later seating? I can't find any indication on my Guest Statement/Confirmation, and I'm clicking in circles on the Regent website. I'm sure I'm just missing something. Nonetheless, would you please put me out of my misery and explain to me how the Compass Rose operates for seating and times at dinner?

Thank you so much!

Just came off 14 days on Voyager, never had any problem finding seating preference, they never asked us to share a table! It is open for breakfast and lunch during specific hours. Had dinner twice in Prime 7 which used to be Latitude, Prime is much better! Suggest booking reservation on short excursion days to fully enjoy relaxed dinning, twice in Signature Restaurant which was little on a stuffy side, but good menu. Over-all Compass Rose always has great menu and changes daily! Enjoy!

Are you limited to the number of reservations (or merely visits if tables available) to P7 , SIgnatures or Setti Mari ?

You can book in advance on-line for Prime7 and Sigs for one occasion each restaurant only. But you can book again whilst on board. If there are tables available they will seat you. Reservations cannot be made for Sette Mari.

Just a quick comment about Sette Mari...... we are on a full ship (Voyager) at the moment and find that Sette Mari can fill up 15 minutes after they open. IMO, it is best to dine at Sette Mari when they open...... and perhaps after 8:00 p.m. when many passengers have completed their meal.

Archived