Corkage Fee??

mymichelle1

And even if you did bring it to the MDR, it's hit or miss. We were not charged last month when we brought our (unopened) bottle to dinner. The sommalier saw it on the table, and opened it.

Like other say - it is hit or miss. The reason you are charged corkage is: they open it, they supply proper wine glasses (different ones for red or white or sparkling), they pour it, they clean up after you. No corkage fee if you open it in your cabin: I suggest you bring your own cork screw IN YOUR CHECK LUGGAGE as they may take it from you if in carryon or they will give you the little put together ones and only if available, you pour it (you can ask your steward for wine glasses although I just use the water goblets), you can take it to the dining room with you.

• 2 weeks later...
this is a big difference from NCL who charge you as you walk on the boat. I believe in NCL you can bring 2 bottles but you pay corkage fee immediately so it doesnt matter where you open it.

glad CCL does not do this

OP, if you bring the wine to the dining room or specialty restaurant, you will be charged the $10 corkage fee. No charge for drinking it in your room/balcony.

NCL has no limit to the amount of wine you can bring on. We routinely bring a case or more

"Corkage" is not a fee for simply opening the bottle. Think of it as an extra fee you pay for the priviledge of bringing your own bottle of wine, and not selecting from the ships selection....they still can make a little bit of profit from it. Whether you open it yourself or not, is not the point.

Restaurants charge a 'corkage' fee as well if bringing your own wine to a restaurant. Yes, it happens. People do it all the time, but we're not talking about Applebees.

We brought three bottles that our server happily uncorked and poured in the MDR on Magic recently. A good percentage of the corkage fee that I would have paid ended up in his pocket at the end of the cruise. Neither he nor our bar server ever said a word about it.

Archived