Last min radiance questions

Discodaisy

Hi everybody.

We will be sailing from Sydney Australia on the Radiance for Christmas :)

- is it correct that if we have pre paid our tips the only staff we would need to tip are room service and any outstanding staff . Our TA keeps telling us different things

- my family drinks a lot of water, tap water is fine but I am now thinking I should get a small bottled water package just in case. Or can you buy bottled water after you have sailed ?

- do I follow the time on my set sail pass 12 or the website that says deck 7 boards at 1.30 ? Due to our travel arrangements we will be getting to Sydney by 12 but are happy to sit in a coffee shop instead of waiting around the gate

Thank you

Hi everybody.

We will be sailing from Sydney Australia on the Radiance for Christmas :)

- is it correct that if we have pre paid our tips the only staff we would need to tip are room service and any outstanding staff . Our TA keeps telling us different things

- my family drinks a lot of water, tap water is fine but I am now thinking I should get a small bottled water package just in case. Or can you buy bottled water after you have sailed ?

- do I follow the time on my set sail pass 12 or the website that says deck 7 boards at 1.30 ? Due to our travel arrangements we will be getting to Sydney by 12 but are happy to sit in a coffee shop instead of waiting around the gate

Thank you

Your tip info is correct. We tip the porter who takes our bags when we check in at the port; I do not know the custom in Australia.

You can buy bottled water on board. The happy compromise is to get a little filtered water bottle, like a Brita.

31TUjWiEHeL.jpg

Apparently they are using scheduled, staggered check-in in Australia. There is a TIME on your SetSail pass? AND a time for your deck? And they aren't the same? Odd. I say, pick your time from those two! (but cabins won't be ready until 1-ish)

Bon Voyage!

Hi,

The tap water is fine (even great) - but I find I dont drink enough away from meal times so I take a 24 pack of bottles. Much cheaper than the on board package.

They are sticking to the boarding time. Massive queues last week as many people ignored their time. If you are in a suite or C&A member you can board at anytime. The rooms will not e ready till 1pm ish but the bars are open!

Enjoy!

Hi Discodaisy,

If you prepay you are not obliged to tip any extra, you are not actually obliged to tip at all, it isn't law. But having said that, even though tipping is not our custom in Australia, we usually select set time dining & do not prepay gratuities, instead we tip the MDR waiters & our cabin steward the recommended amount (or a little more) as advised by RCCL.

But tipping a little extra for outstanding service is also something we would do.

Regards water, when we were on Radiance earlier this year they did not allow you to take water on board when leaving from Sydney.

Yes, you can buy the water packages anytime on board, they normally have a drink package desk set up as you get of the lifts near the Windjammer buffet (the water was Evian), or buy it a bottle at a time from the bar.

There is water freely available from the drinks area in the Solarium all day & night. We only used the bottled water when in our cabin or when going ashore.

They also have bottles for sale as you disembark at each port & have a free iced water dispenser set up on the dock as well.

Good to hear your family drinks a lot of water, so do we, I can't believe the number of people that drink soft drink (soda) all day long, the sugar in that stuff will rot more than your teeth!

Enjoy Radiance, she is a lovely ship. :)

Be advised that rules are strictly enforced in Au & NZ and taking anything on and off the ship at any port could be extremely problematic! This also includes the photo ID used to get back on the ship. They do check and copies are not acceptable in some of the ports.

Archived