Ruby Princess November 11, 2012 Trip Report with Pictures

Cupcrazy

Wow,

Thanks for the great info. I tried doing a search in the Grand Turk thread, but did not come up with much. Your search skills must be a lot better than mine!

That is done by Oceanscapes Spa...I found a Facebook page...their prices are $20. for 15 min at that hut. Really great massages also!!!

Thank you! This is the reason I wrote the review. To let fellow cruisers know of all those little things. I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Enjoy!

CUP,

Thanks for the wonderful review. It surely lighten up this winter dreary day in Tennessee. Loved the detail and all the little things that are invaluable to those of us whom love to cruise.

GREAT JOB!!!

CJ

I've been reading your review in parts over the past several days and really enjoyed it as well! The more photos the better! I was on the Ruby last February on the same itinerary and it brought back many great memories. This will be a great review/photo journal for you to refer back to, over and over again. I wish I had something similar from my trip, before some of the details faded from my memory!

Great job!

A fellow Canadian (also from Ontario)

Thanks for everything Cupcrazy. We have been on 13 NCL cruises but will be taking our first Princess cruise on the Ruby in April. We were a little nervous dealing with a new company but your information and pictures have taught us a lot and have put us at ease.

One question for anyone to answer...if we don't want to get dressed up on formal night, do we really have to. I mean, will they prevent us from eating in the main dining room if I'm not wearing a suit and tie?

Thanks for everything Cupcrazy. We have been on 13 NCL cruises but will be taking our first Princess cruise on the Ruby in April. We were a little nervous dealing with a new company but your information and pictures have taught us a lot and have put us at ease.

One question for anyone to answer...if we don't want to get dressed up on formal night, do we really have to. I mean, will they prevent us from eating in the main dining room if I'm not wearing a suit and tie?

This is an issue that comes up time & time again on the CC message boards. I've never seen anyone been denied access to the MDR. I've also never seen anyone try to get in who isn't dressed somewhat nicely. If you're wearing slacks and a nice shirt you shouldn't have a problem. I've seen a lot of people who aren't wearing a suit & tie. They will still allow you access if you're dressed "smart casual". That's the dress code for all other nights.

Enjoy your time on the Ruby!

- Nathaniel

On formal nights, it is best to at least be in 'Sunday best' to eat in the main dining room. However, there is still the Buffet where you can eat in casual clothing, or grab burgers or pizza up on top, room service, and one of the two 'for fee' dining options, the steak one or the Italian. I have heard that some people plan on going there for the formal nights so they don't have to 'dress up.'

But in the evening, you must wear long pants to enter a dining room (except the buffet.) I have seen people turned away.

We have traveled on cruises and never brought our formal clothing. We do however, bring long pants (me the basic black and a couple of nice blocs) and husband brings kakis and a button down shirt so we can go to the MDR on informal nights.

I do know, you will not go hungry!

• 5 months later...

:D

Hi there.

Hubby and I are sailing to the Western Caribbean on the Ruby Princess in December 2014. Since our trip is a really, really long way away I am going to need a bit of a fix every once in a while. Because you have taken the time and tremendous effort to do such an amazing review, complete with daily patters :cool:, I have found the perfect destination for me when I am feeling a bit cruise obsessed. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• 2 years later...