Ruby Princess November 11, 2012 Trip Report with Pictures

Cupcrazy

Thank you everyone for reading and posting nice comments. I really enjoyed sharing my cruise experience with you. I can't wait to get back to the Caribbean. Only 10 more months until I board the Oasis of the Seas.

Please continue to ask questions if you have any and I'll make sure to answer them quickly.

face5.gif

Happy Holidays!

- Nathaniel

Most of the posts were great since I'll be on a later cruise on the same ship/itinerary. Unfortunately the rest was a boring facebook post.

Pictures at the hotel and your husband eating and sliding down a slide the night before the cruise? Could not care less.

Glad you had fun and thank you for sharing the useful parts---about the cruise!

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

I'm thinking that Bob is one lonely dude... One that's craving attention but really just needs a hug (nope, I'm not offering)

Cup, your post was an absolute joy, I felt as though I travelled along with you, thanks very much for sharing with all of us.

Sorry Nathaniel. As I indicated, you posted a lot of great information that I know will be very helpful.

I was viewing the pictures and when this one came up, I just thought: "OMG, he really posted that?"

That is my opinion, yet others, presumably cruise mates liked it. Overall, your audience is very satisfied.

I was not trolling. The boards are called Cruise Critic and I didn't see those sections are part of the cruise, but I enjoyed most everything else. You just can't please everyone 100% of the time. Enjoy the Oasis.

DSC05109.jpg

I was not trolling. The boards are called Cruise Critic and I didn't see those sections are part of the cruiseDSC05109.jpg

Balcony Bob, My cruise experience begins the minute we leave for the airport and unhappily stops when we walk back through the front door. The same goes for this great review, it is all part of the experience and vacation. We have read many reviews since we joined CC and are always interested in the experiences of others. That includes their transportation choices to get to the port, Their experiences getting to the port including the airports, airlines, hotels they chose, the meals they eat and the restaurants they eat at. Just to name a few. The same goes for post cruise choices. In this case the travellers left from the same airport we use on one of the airlines we use. Reading their experiences is very useful. Their other experiences including the food and slide etc are all part of living the experience through their eyes. My own review from last Feb included similar experiences but we did pass on the slide experience. ;) There are many threads on CC that are not pure cruise experiences, take a look at the "Floataway Lounge" board.This review has been one of the most exstensive I have read but there was one last year written by two college student, travelling with their parents on the Adventure of the Seas that would be similar.

Perhaps you can expand your horizons and take the example here to go down a kids slide, take pictures of it and be brave enough to post them as part of your next cruise experience.

Thank you everyone for reading and posting nice comments. I really enjoyed sharing my cruise experience with you. I can't wait to get back to the Caribbean. Only 10 more months until I board the Oasis of the Seas.

Please continue to ask questions if you have any and I'll make sure to answer them quickly.

face5.gif

Happy Holidays!

- Nathaniel

Yippee....patters:)! Thanks for the FANTASTIC review.....you managed to occupy my morning and gave me something to look forward to while waiting for my pup to get out of emergency surgery this morning. Thanks again and I can't for my next cruise on the Ruby.

Thank you so much for posting the Patters! I know how much time it takes to scan any page, much less all the ones you just did. I know my teen will love hearing what movies she might be seeing on MUTS on her upcoming cruise (the entertainment email we received didn't have any info specific to our ship, unfortunately, so unless someone who's been on that ship recently reveals what the shows were...) as she particularly lived in the pool by MUTS on our last cruise, and saw probably most of the movies. The only recent movie that I know she's seen (and me too) was The Hunger Games (which title one always has to announce with a flourish:rolleyes::D).

And I have to say, that from start to finish, you did an excellent job chronicling your cruise with your observations, humor and wonderful photos. (as opposed to someone else on the Princess board who spent several thousand posts teasing his review...and in the poll he attached, no wonder many of us selected "boring", and then anyone suggested he actually post real info, he would attack them:(:eek:).

I hope you enjoy your next cruise and wish you a happy and healthy 2013.

I enjoyed reading about your cruise. It was informative, full of pictures (everyone. . . well almost everyone wants lots of those), a little about you and your group. . . it was just perfect. You didn't dwell over how many toothpicks you could get or olives in your drink, but gave us all good information about the cruise ship, your cruise, and Princess. Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to do this for those of us still stuck on land and dreaming of our next cruise.

PS I am glad you did the tip about the carpet! I don't know how many people we have told this to on our cruises and you can see the light bulb go on!

Thank you again!

Nathaniel. Thanks again for your review. It was excellent. Including the Patters was a really nice touch. I'm sure your review will help many people, especially those who might not have sailed with Princess.

I'm looking forward to reading your Royal Caribben review in a little over 10 months:):):)

Hey Cup, one of the best, if not the best reviews I've seen. We have friends that embark on the Ruby this Sunday on their first cruise - the same itinerary. When I sent them the link to this tread they were even more excited, although I'm not sure if they were as excited as I have been. You brought back so many great cruising memories, all I can say is thank you.

Hope to see you on the water,

Rex

Thanks everyone for following along with my review and for your great comments! I'm glad most of you liked it and that I've helped some of you out for your upcoming trips. The patters really didn't take that long to scan and I know how much people like to see them when planning their trip.

Edited by Cupcrazy