Last minute ?? Bayonne and luggage drop...

We are sailing tomorrow from Bayonne and could anyone out there that recently sailed from Bayonne please give me info on dropping off your luggage?

I was there last year but did not have to "check in" luggage.

Which way do you go once you come into the port and past the initial security gate. Is it best to park first and wheel the luggage to the check in point or should I drop off my family/luggage and then go park my car?

I am trying to recall from last year but can't remember.

Thanks alot and I will try to post from the Voyager to let you all know what is happening onboard!!!!

Thanks again

Carol :)

Definately drive to the right, enter the lot, and park your car. If you have luggage that you can't carry and or wheel, you'll have stay left to drop it off, and then go around and park. This can take a lot of time if you show up when really busy.

I agree - depends on how much luggage you have and how congested it appears when you arrive - if not too much luggage and it's congested, go right and proceed to the parking lot - otherwise, bear left, drop off luggage and passengers and drive around again to the parking lot.

I'm almost all packed - shampooing a few cats - haircut at 3:30 - then we're ready! See you at sail-away!

Carol: I agree with what the others have said, and it also depends on who is travelling with you. If no one needs help or is handicapped, you are MUCH better off staying to the FAR right and going directly into the parking lot. Even if it doesn't look too crowded as you first pull in, a crowd can gather THAT FAST while you are dropping off, merging back into traffic, and trying to circle around.

The parking lot just is NOT *that* big, and if you have to park farther than looks comfortable to you for a quick stroll, just wait for the shuttle bus to come by.

Oh, and unless they have changed/improved things, the *lanes* aren't marked, and people just kind of *swarm* around. That's another advantage to knowing just to stay far right and head into the parking lot. The others will all be jockeying for position to get to the drop-off area and there are LOTS of near-misses, actual scrapes, and general borderline road-rage. (remember, people who are driving to Bayonne live within driving distance of Bayonne - YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. :))When we were there, there was NO ONE directing traffic or trying to create order.

Fellow Carol

Archived