2013 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

davesgirl51

I have absolutely no insight on what might be happening with Star movements, but as for Sean, having watched him and sailed with him as he moved from Food & Beverage Director to Asst. HD to HD, he was assigned to many new ships as they came out, as Klaus certainly knew it was a safe assignment to have Sean at his side. This move to have him onboard along with Denis seems like a "no brainer", between the two of them the Breakaway should be in great shape until Denis leaves for vacation. Sean also was one of the two HD's that brought out the Epic.

Sean is the best the Breakaway needs him.

Sean is supposed to bring out Getaway as well

Suzanne

Pearl as of 5/5/13:

Rune Myers - Captain - not very visible and/or friendly

Prem - HD - did not leave a lasting impression

F&B - Tony Rosa - ditto

CD - Pedro Serra - always a great time

Concierge - Anoop - did nothing for Platinum cruisers

Latitutes Rep - David Ward - formerly a CD, he was entertaining but not overly helpful

Isn't the position Denis was just promoted to the position that Klaus currently holds? What is happening to him?

Klaus was actually director of fleet hotel directors and both him and Denis were promoted to Regional VP Fleet hotel operations yesterday

Suzanne

Both Klaus and Denis have been promoted to Regional Vice Presidents of Fleet Hotel Operations. Prior Klaus has been Director of Fleet Hotel Operations. I am not sure yet what the new job descriptions will mean for either gentleman. I would guess that Norwegian will make a more formal announcement tomorrow in New York City.

I was hoping either Klaus or Denis would be on the Getaway when I am on it in February...I guess that is up in the air. I hope the Getaway has some good crew members as it seems the Breakaway has the best.

I was hoping either Klaus or Denis would be on the Getaway when I am on it in February...I guess that is up in the air. I hope the Getaway has some good crew members as it seems the Breakaway has the best.

Sean is supposed to go to Getaway

Suzanne

Pearl as of 5/5/13:

F&B - Tony Rosa - ditto

Latitutes Rep - David Ward - formerly a CD, he was entertaining but not overly helpful

Hope there's improvement by the time we cruise on the Pearl in September.:confused: We've always been very impressed with everyone we have met and dealt with on the Pearl.

We were on the Pearl last September and had a great cruise! We've sailed with Prem and Pedro several times and have never been disappointed and met Anoop for the first time on that cruise. We're looking forward to sailing with them again in the near future.

I don't know what happened, but it was not the norm. :confused: Sorry you had a bad experience.

Pat

Pearl as of 5/5/13:

F&B - Tony Rosa - ditto

I am sorry for your experience on the Pearl. The Panama crossing is very trying on Senior Staff especially if their vacations are coming in Los Angeles. So much extra work to prepare for on coming officers, the Alaskan season, and inspections- Company, Public Health and the Coast Guard. Some Senior Officers really get stressed out on this cruise. I have been through the Panama Canal crossing twice both on The Pearl.

I loved Anoop as a concierge - he was phenomenal and that's on the Epic where there's a LOT of people needing a concierge. Less on the Pearl, so I think you'll love him.

Thanks, youngestof9. We really don't use the concierge that much but it's good to know you think highly of Anoop. We were spoiled by our very first concierge, Alex Forbes, back in 2006 and 2007. He was the best and no one has even come close to being as good as he was.:)

We were on the Pearl last September and had a great cruise! We've sailed with Prem and Pedro several times and have never been disappointed and met Anoop for the first time on that cruise. We're looking forward to sailing with them again in the near future.

I don't know what happened, but it was not the norm. :confused: Sorry you had a bad experience.

Pat

Thanks for the info, Pat. Glad to hear you think highly of Prem and Pedro. We've always been very impressed with the Hotel Directors we have met. A few of the concierges weren't that great, but that's only because we compared them with our first concierge, Alex Forbes, who was phenomenal!

We really don't use the concierge that much but it's good to know you think highly of Anoop. We were spoiled by our very first concierge, Alex Forbes, back in 2006 and 2007. He was the best and no one has even come close to being as good as he was.:)

Exactly! Alex set the bar and few, if any, have been able to reach his expertise.

I'm glad someone else remembers Alex. He was the "ideal" concierge!:)

The incomparable Alex Forbes. We absolutely loved him! His skills were excellent, but his personality is what set him apart from others.

That being said, we found John D'Sousa to be a very close match this past March on the Jewel. Excellent Concierge! ;)